any one from staten island, ny? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > any one from staten island, ny?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
stevenk75
2010 JK Wrangler 

any one from staten island, ny?

I have a few friends who also have jeeps but there are no trails here. We are looking for somewhere to go to have some fun. I been hearing about the pines in New Jersey. Was wondering if you needed any specific requirements or certain certification to drive the trails in there.

If any one could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

stevenk75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i used to live on staten island i havent been to the pine barrens, but i know people who go there all the time. im not sure about legal requirements, but you definitely need some big mud tires, and waterproof all your electrical connections.
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
stevenk75
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice man thanks for your help.

But also ive seen people with stock jk say they hve went there. Think ill do ok with that too? Bc im not getting my lift and tires till mid summer lol
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

a jeep is a jeep, im sure you can take a stock jeep there and have fun and all, but you can probably expect to be stuck a lot more and maybe have to worry about the water level. it still would be a good idea to get some dielectric grease and protect electrical contacts so the water doesnt short anything
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
stevenk75
2010 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the help man it is greatly appreciated
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
sijeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in si.. You are better off hooking up with a club, they keep things legal, offer help, knowledge and activities with like minded People. No clubs here, i joined one out in jersey. Njja, there is also Njjc, to name some of the larger groups.... Neither are close to us but def worth joining if you want to learn.
sijeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
weezerpiebald
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm also in staten island. I just bought a jk to replace my Mazda which I got to replace my tj . I also want to join a club. There isn't to much wheeling here on the island
weezerpiebald is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
straty1987

am over in Brooklyn and know what your talking about.
NJJA is a great club with a tone of trail rides if your a member. guys will help you out to learn. i went for there C4C in oct and had fun with my stock grand just added recovery and a TC skids, jeep will be much better this summer for the trails. http://www.njjeep.org/

no places in NY to wheel, people find thinking in long island but not legal. long island forum- Outlawed Off road

just look into recovery hooks, a recovery strap (no hooks), and skid and should be fine if you don't want to worry allot
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #9
weezerpiebald
2011 JK Wrangler 

I ended up joining the njja so far they seem like good people
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #10
NYC_ZJ
Jeep for LIFE!!

1996 ZJ 

Last post here was two months ago but here goes... I'm from S.I as well looking for some 4 wheelin'. Kinda hard with my kids being young and wife due in August but i'm always up to hit the trails. I'm looking into the clubs you guys mentioned so maybe i'll see some of you around the island. Can't miss me...i'm probably the only lifted ZJ on the island.
ZJs Only club member #58
NYC_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
stevenk75
2010 JK Wrangler 

I hope to see you around the island as well. I am looking into those clubs as well. Maybe we should trya and get our own little club together for si jeepers.
Unread 08-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
straty1987

well stevenk75 i know you read this but maybe other have not
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/...-ride-1239153/
hope to see you there
Unread 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
weezerpiebald
2011 JK Wrangler 

im also from the island , I'm in a jeep club out in nj the njja if you guys are interested or have any questions let me know if not ill see you around the island i always wave to jeeps . heres my truck so you know its me
img_1256.jpg  
Unread 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerpiebald View Post
im also from the island , I'm in a jeep club out in nj the njja if you guys are interested or have any questions let me know if not ill see you around the island i always wave to jeeps . heres my truck so you know its me
i have seen you before, hard to miss when your looking for jeep lol.

NJJA is a great group, i have to join and go to a meeting. i went to there crawl for the crawl last year and their a great club.
maybe ill see you at the Jeeps in the Vineyard '11 http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/jeeps-vineyard-11-a-1243140/
or the other meet i posted

this is what my grand currently looks like, amount of mud/dirt may very
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
weezerpiebald
2011 JK Wrangler 

i feel like i have seen you around not to many grands with mud tires rolling around

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.