Adirondack Backpackers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Adirondack Backpackers

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
*Jonathan
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Adirondack Backpackers

Any hikers/backpackers in here?

So this past Spring I was suppose to go backpacking with a few friends up in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks. Well.. they all wussed out, basically saying that they weren't up to roughing it for the 2 nights I wanted to say up there.

Anyone in here have any interest in doing a 2 night backpacking trip with a few hikes to some Adirondack mountains and lakes? I'm not talking car camping with bathrooms, I mean head a couple miles into the woods with a 40 pound pack camping. An area of interest is the Duck Hole area of the High Peaks. I figure its a good excuse to practice some survival skills and snap a few pics for the walls in my office.

I'm thinking late late September/Early October over a weekend.. leave on a Friday and come back on Sunday night.

Jonathan

*Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
blackblazer92
1989 XJ Cherokee 

may be interested... i did an 80 mile canoe trek up there with my brother in july. i love it up there. i think i will bring my 18 pound pack though lol. 40 is a little much for a weekend.
project build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/my-new-cherokee-project-590872/
blackblazer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
*Jonathan
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackblazer92 View Post
may be interested... i did an 80 mile canoe trek up there with my brother in july. i love it up there. i think i will bring my 18 pound pack though lol. 40 is a little much for a weekend.
LOL I havent quite mastered the art of packing light!
*Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.