State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #91
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02
Definitely, thanks for the video!
I thought I got more than what I did, I forgot I had the camera with me until half way through the day!

ahoyt653 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #92
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_topless View Post
now THAT is impressive!!! well done, guys! i wouldn't of tried it in my own but would have called shotgun for one of those runs.
lol... I bet you would of. Especially after the lift and tires!! Speaking of which, when do we get to see the big mean yellow machine?!?!
Unread 03-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #93
roll_topless
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter

lol... I bet you would of. Especially after the lift and tires!! Speaking of which, when do we get to see the big mean yellow machine?!?!
i'm getting on tuesday! 3 inch lift and 33's on 17's. we def. need to set up a run in the near future! in like 2 weeks perhaps.

question... this isn't going to 'hurt' my transmission, is it? 3.21 gear ratio... i've been trying to read up on it and the consensus seems to be that 33's at 3.21 will be ok, just eliminates the use of 6th gear, which i rarely use anyway. and i've heard all the bad news about gas mileage, but really... it's a jeep. you really don't buy one for the great fuel economy.
roll_topless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #94
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_topless

i'm getting on tuesday! 3 inch lift and 33's on 17's. we def. need to set up a run in the near future! in like 2 weeks perhaps.

question... this isn't going to 'hurt' my transmission, is it? 3.21 gear ratio... i've been trying to read up on it and the consensus seems to be that 33's at 3.21 will be ok, just eliminates the use of 6th gear, which i rarely use anyway. and i've heard all the bad news about gas mileage, but really... it's a jeep. you really don't buy one for the great fuel economy.
Are you running 3.21 front and rear? It won't do anything to the transmission that I've heard of. Yeah, it'll take more power(gas) to turn those bigger tires but it won't effect the tranny (at least not that I know of). Do you have the Dana 35 or 44 in the rear? If its a 44 you might of gotten a bonus with the 3.73 gears in the rear(maybe). If that's the case it might not effect the power as much as worried.
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #95
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quit being a sissy and just go this route !!

I'm not sure what all Craig (KrawlWorks) has done to it, but I know he did a supercharger, and an auto to 6spd conversion.
I think he has it all listed on his facebook page.........
moonshine-jk.jpg   intercooler.jpg  

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #96
xmonger
2003 WJ 

Hey guys,

I am visiting the State College area next weekend with the family. If anyone can recommend some easy trails (for a scenic/relaxed ride with the family) I would greatly appreciate it.

Feel free to shoot me a PM . Many thanks for any and all suggestions.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #97
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger
Hey guys,

I am visiting the State College area next weekend with the family. If anyone can recommend some easy trails (for a scenic/relaxed ride with the family) I would greatly appreciate it.

Feel free to shoot me a PM . Many thanks for any and all suggestions.
Stock or modded jeep? We love to put stickers to the test! Like Bill's family stocker!
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #98
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

Stockers to the test, stupid iPhone
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #99
xmonger
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoyt653 View Post
Stock or modded jeep? We love to put stickers to the test! Like Bill's family stocker!

It's the grocery getter WJ.

And really don't want to get her stuck like this if I am out solo with the wife and kid.
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #100
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

The trip we took through Rothrock state forest was pretty and very tame, stockers weren't even challenged. Would be great for a family drive. You can get a map from the pa dcnr website.
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #101
xmonger
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
The trip we took through Rothrock state forest was pretty and very tame, stockers weren't even challenged. Would be great for a family drive. You can get a map from the pa dcnr website.
Thanks! I was planning to hit up that area for some hiking as well.

Unread 03-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #102
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
lol ! right right..........

You should see my frame where the sway bar bashed into it,
that last trail that was a dead end was NOT stock friendly (at least in hi range) if you guys that were behind me remember when I was bashing through the mud that was covered in ice......yea well I got the dents in my frame to prove it !

A hell of alot of fun though, and thats why I took a 20 yo XJ....

BUT as of last saturday the XJ has 3" of lift

all in all those trails were pretty stock stock friendly.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #103
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

any one up for Houtzdale on Saturday? I am going to Hassingers in the morning to have the control arm/track bar mount welded back on and then hitting the trails, Just let me know we can meet at Hassingers or Snappys
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #104
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoyt653 View Post
any one up for Houtzdale on Saturday? I am going to Hassingers in the morning to have the control arm/track bar mount welded back on and then hitting the trails, Just let me know we can meet at Hassingers or Snappys
Would love to...however I'm not going to make it this weekend got some other obligations I must attend. WSAR and Roll_Topless, I know it's a hike but if ya'll can make it those trails out there are quite fun and would really test out the new mods!!! You should talk to Takirc and Ahoyt, they've both run the trails with me. There are some tighter spots out there as far as the paint goes but nothing that ya'll can't handle! And yes from everything we've seen/done it's legal. I only had to use my winch once, and that was because I was doing something most wouldn't advise!!!

Ahoyt, talk to clint on FB you know he's always down to make a run out that way!

Takirc, any news on when the Monstaliner is going on? The weather is too nice the last few days... just curious!
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #105
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter View Post
Would love to...however I'm not going to make it this weekend got some other obligations I must attend.
Ditto, actually my "obligations" are fixing my jeep's brakes (lost a brake line last time out), and I got me a new (well, new to me) dirt bike that needs some work before it is rideable, and, if I get around to it I really need to pull the rotors of the tundra and get them turned... Fun weekend of vehicle maintenance. Definitely recommend those trails though, a whole lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter View Post
Takirc, any news on when the Monstaliner is going on? The weather is too nice the last few days... just curious!
I am SO anxious to do this...but I really need a couple of uninterrupted days and work gets a bit hectic this time of year. Don't see any time off for while. If I get all of the above done this weekend, I might be able to piece-meal the application over a couple of weekends but I lose a lot of garage space if I do it that way. I currently have 6 vehicles (2 dirtbikes/1 streetbike/1 lawn tractor/my DD and my wife's DD...I have a problem) in my two-car garage and none of them are my jeep so space is in very high demand. So we will see, if the nice weather sticks around, I will probably end up doing it sooner rather than later.
takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.