State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #61
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

I would like to get back out there at houtzdale, and maybe try some other trails, that whole area is riddled with trails

ahoyt653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #62
roll_topless
2011 JK Wrangler 

pretty paint jobs and questionably legal.

i'm out. lol
roll_topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #63
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Alright, houtzdale sounds great to me, I haven't been yet.
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #64
wsar10
2003 WJ 

yeah,
if you guys are going that direction I'm out !
Too far to drive just to play for a few hours.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #65
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Houtzdale on Sunday works for me!! Houtzdale is all LEGAL running... there is some techical stuff out there but there are bypasses to most! We ran one trail and it took us two hours, so I'm sure if we find some other ones we can make it last longer if your willing to put in the drive!

Ya'll let me know for sure but I can make Sunday happen!

And now a joke:

The electric fence & lawn mower

If you have ever used an electric fence or know someone who has, one you should read this.
The language used is a bit salty, but 'he tells it like it is' without cursing (well, perhaps a bit).
This was sent by a retired dentist.

We have the standard 6 ft. fence in the backyard, and a few months ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically in the entire city. To make sure this never happened to me; I got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the top of the fence.

Actually, I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, and drove it 7.5 feet into the ground. The ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the fence works.

One day I'm mowing the back yard with my cheapo Wal-Mart 6 hp big wheel push mower. The hot wire to the fence is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it, to throw it out of the way.... It seems as though I hadn't remembered to unplug it after all.

Now I'm standing there, I've got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 giga-volt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover... Time... stood... still.

The first thing I notice is my pecker trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine. It seems as though the fence charger and the piece of **** lawnmower was fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Now, science says you cannot crap, pee, and vomit at the same time... I beg to differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I can't let go. Now, I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences ... but Dad always had that piece of **** chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled. This one I could not let go of. The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to just man up and take it, until the lawnmower runs out of gas.

'Damn! ' I think, as I remember I just filled the tank!

Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, and with my vomit on my chest I think 'Oh God please die .... Pleeeeaze die'. But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So, here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, and standing in my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day.... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly don't know how I got loose from the wire ....

I woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and I was sunburned. There were two large dead grass spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot where the wire had laid while I was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire.

Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I realized a few things:
1 - Three of my teeth seem to have melted.
2 - I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right butt cheek (not the left, just the right).
3 - Poop, pee, and vomit when all mixed together, do not smell as bad as you might think.
4 - My left eye will not open.
5 - My right eye will not close.
6 - The lawnmower runs like a sum***** now. Seriously! I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that.
7 - My nuts are still smaller than average yet they are almost a foot long.
8 - I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still don't understand this???).

That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and now I always triple check to make sure the fence is unplugged before I mow.
The good news, is that if a burglar does try to come over the fence, I can clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to triple check before I mow!

TA DA!!!!!
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #66
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Houtzdale is not ALL LEGAL. So be careful. We just happen to have copies of deeds and property maps and have permission to wheel there. If you wheel with someone from the area the will keep you legal. If you come in from the water plant side. A lady who's property is posted. The signs keep getting torn down by the ATV kids.

There are railroad ties buried in mud with 10 penny nails all through them. And they will get at least 3 of your 4 tires. Go to the back playground. I just cleaned the whole area. And what is called trout pond. Stay safe.
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #67
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_topless View Post
pretty paint jobs and questionably legal.

i'm out. lol
I just left craig's (krawl Works in Burnham, PA for all you following along) and while throwing LA's on a dodge ram, He lets me in on your recent purchase.....

Way to "stand your ground" on sticking to 31's on 16" wheels !!!

But I can relate.....I think he has me talked into 3" on 31's for the XJ.........

Unread 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #68
scramjeepbler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

P.A. jeep fun !!

Im up in north east pa by wilkes-barre . And dont now a lot of jeepers . I do see a hand fill now an then with mud on them . And a ton of stock jeeps arount town they look like just out of a car wash
scramjeepbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #69
roll_topless
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10

I just left craig's (krawl Works in Burnham, PA for all you following along) and while throwing LA's on a dodge ram, He lets me in on your recent purchase.....

Way to "stand your ground" on sticking to 31's on 16" wheels !!!

But I can relate.....I think he has me talked into 3" on 31's for the XJ.........

hey. you'll like it. but yeah... i'm a sucker. he talked me right into go big or go home. sounds like he's going to order my lift and rims now and hopefully by the time they come in, i can pay off my balance. then he'll get my tires and my girl will be stacked. can't wait to see the xj sittin' high!
roll_topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #70
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

I would be good with Houtzdale on Sunday, just need a time and place to meet. If there is anyone with newer jeeps, with pretty paint, I guy I work with wants to go, he is from the Houtzdale area and know the trails that will not mess up your paint! I would be good with a 9:00 am meet at snappys again just let me know.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #71
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey we should go wheeling sometime....here are some of me in poe paddy
img_1172.jpg   img_1174.jpg   img_2857.jpg   img_2858.jpg   img_2859.jpg  

inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #72
ahoyt653
1995 ZJ 

Come one come all, Meet at Snappy's in Houtzdale at 9:30 Sunday
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #73
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

I'm in!
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #74
wsar10
2003 WJ 

where the hell do ya find mud like that in po paddy ???

Unread 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #75
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Errr...weather is turning to crap on Sunday...too late for a switch to tomorrow? I'm guessing yes, too late, but thought I might not be the only one thinking it. Either way, I'm in regardless of day. If I don't hear a resounding yes by midnight tonight I'll assume we are sticking to the original plan, snappy's at 0930 on Sunday.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.