State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas

Bestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 02-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I probably could on the 18th.........

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift

Last edited by wsar10; 02-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: changed date.....
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
roll_topless
2011 JK Wrangler 

love the pics, guys! i look so out of place with those wee little tires, though!

hope to get out one of the weekends you mentioned... so much fun!
roll_topless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm planning in attending Penn State as a freshman this summer and fall. How's the wheeling in the area? (Main campus)
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
I'm planning in attending Penn State as a freshman this summer and fall. How's the wheeling in the area? (Main campus)
It's not bad.. you have to have the paitence to find the spots but if you get a group of buddies and look for them, you'll find them. If you don't mind making the run a little farther then there's tons of tougher tracks than you find around here...

Hope that helps and hope to see you on the trails one day!
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My club is having a HUGE blowout in May. It is a two day event. It will be in Windber, Pa. at Windber Stadium. There will be Obstacle courses, a Carnival, a ride to our private property that is 5 miles away. It is the weekend of May 19th. My dealership will have vehicles there. Vendors will be there. 4wd.com will be there. And one of the main attractions will be $100,000 Jeeps. These are huge rigs with a 7.2L HEMI with 636 hp in them.

And they will be wheeled on the course and at the property. Check them out at www.haukdesigns.com I will post up more info as we get the rest of our vendors in place and a flyer. It really is a huge gathering of Jeepers. From stock to 52" tires. We could have a meeting point at a halfway mark for you guys so we can caravan over.
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #21
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
I probably could on the 18th.........
I like the enthusiasm!! I know Tim is always down to throw mud...as long as he's thawed by then!! LOL...

I'm in as well...which means we have atleast 3!! I can ask my other buddy if he wants to go and maybe even Roll Topless can give those tires another try!

I've also posted on Jeeps group facebook page and seems that there are a few people around Tyrone that may want to join one day as well.

Let me know ya'll are still in and I'll block out the day... (and not let the wife determine when I have to leave this time.) HAHA

Hope to hear all can go agian!
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #22
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Forgot to post these as well!!!
dead-end.jpg

efi-conversion-cj.jpg

green-jk.jpg

unstuck-jk.jpg

cj4.jpg

Unread 02-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #23
wsar10
2003 WJ 

^ what size tires do you run ??
and what back spacing is on your wheels ??

Unread 02-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

I run procomps 305/65/17s with a 4 1/2-5" backspace. Just eyeballing it with the tire on.
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter View Post
I run procomps 305/65/17s with a 4 1/2-5" backspace. Just eyeballing it with the tire on.
our yellow JK freind and I are discussing tires for her that will work well w/o lift.......

and BTW,
if you guys are looking for a good "jeep" or 4x4 shop a freind of mine has a shop locally, shop name: "Krawl Works" pretty sure he has a facebook page, there has been quite a few badass toys come out of his bay doors !!! they do it all from mild to wild he always has good deals, his DD is a 2010 JK Rubicon on 37's !! He is actully going to buy my ZJ and I can't wait to see what he does with it !

Unread 02-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #26
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you are looking for a new rig. I have new ones with 35's, 37's and 40's. We have years of experience in building Jeeps. I am on my sixth Wrangler. Roll Topless bought hers from me awhile back.
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #27
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
our yellow JK freind and I are discussing tires for her that will work well w/o lift.......

Nice!! Is she running 16 or 17 inch rims?? Honestly if she's looking for a good all around tire that won't hum too much going down the road and won't break her axle when she gets them stuck it'd be the stock Rubicon tires(LT255/75R17 BSW Off-Road Tires)...again that's if she's running 17 rims. Not only that, you can find stock rubi tires and rims pretty much anywhere pretty cheap. If she wants to go even bigger I'd make the tread more aggressive with out increasing the size too much so she doesn't have to worry about tire rub when she's turning sharply... I had an old jeep and even with 33's it would rub a little bit because they were a little too big.

Last edited by aggieslaughter; 02-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: Fixed the quote
aggieslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter View Post
Nice!! Is she running 16 or 17 inch rims?? Honestly if she's looking for a good all around tire that won't hum too much going down the road and won't break her axle when she gets them stuck it'd be the stock Rubicon tires(LT255/75R17 BSW Off-Road Tires)...again that's if she's running 17 rims. Not only that, you can find stock rubi tires and rims pretty much anywhere pretty cheap. If she wants to go even bigger I'd make the tread more aggressive with out increasing the size too much so she doesn't have to worry about tire rub when she's turning sharply... I had an old jeep and even with 33's it would rub a little bit because they were a little too big.
She is gonna stay with 16's.

Unread 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
roll_topless
2011 JK Wrangler 

i suppose i can't buy stock rubi's for 16 in rims.... ?
roll_topless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #30
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_topless View Post
i suppose i can't buy stock rubi's for 16 in rims.... ?
aren't you supposed to be working !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.