State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > State College / Penn State / Bellefonte / Boalsburg Areas

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #271
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouts5591

We're going wheeling tomorrow in Beech Creek/Orviston area if you know it. Have lines for stockers up to stuff a truggy on 42s can't make. You should come out, pm me
Probably too late to jump in on this trip but check your PM's and give me a shout if you aren't already out there, or even if you are and will still be out there for a while, I'm close. Thanks.

Unread 10-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #272
CountryBoysZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a few trips to take into consideration, with Keystone Off Road!

Meet and Greet, small mountain ride to follow there after
-October 27th at 2PM, meeting at the Poe Valley Pavilion.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend! See what we have to offer! Not JUST Jeeps either, so spread the word guys and gals!

Fall Krawl @ Rausch Creek Off Road Park
-November 18th, meeting at trailhead (office) at 9AM, earlier if you need a RC Membership

To come in the future, Toy Run/Car Show type of thing. Shine your rigs up and come out, but don't forget a new toy to donate for the less fortunate! Woman, Rig, Food, and Fun is just part of what to look forward to, along with meeting some great people!

Don't forget to check up on our facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keysto...ref=ts&fref=ts

or check out the website @ www.keystoneoffroadclub.com !

Last edited by CountryBoysZJ; 10-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: wrong hyperlink.. Doh!
CountryBoysZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #273
dustin4b
2013 JK Wrangler 

Would like to make it to one of those. I work the weekends, but will be off on Sunday Nov 4th if anyone has anything planned?
dustin4b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #274
cdh5165
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey all,

I know this thread is probably dead but I want to try and revive it as I am heading back up to State next week. I just got a JK this summer so I'm trying to find some people to wheel with up at school. If any of you guys are still around maybe we could set up a trip
cdh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #275
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

I'm still here for another 2 months or so and would be up for a weekend ride sometime. Let me know when you are in town and we'll figure something out.

BTW, long term for you, you should link up with the guys from EVOR...They are a pretty active group. I should have joined them when I first got here but by the time I found them my move was imminent.
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #276
cdh5165
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just moved in. If anybody is around hit me up so we can try to set up a trip. Also does anybody know any trials around this area because im not exactly sure where to go. Thanks
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #277
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh5165 View Post
Just moved in. If anybody is around hit me up so we can try to set up a trip. Also does anybody know any trials around this area because im not exactly sure where to go. Thanks
I let my premium membership lapse so my inbox was over quota and your PM bounced.

Finding trails is always the hardest part around here. So far I have relied on people who knew people with private land, or stretched DCNR's definition of a 4-wheeler a bit. There are plenty of rural, non-paved roads in rothrock which are nice to ride on, but they are not exactly an extreme offroad adventure...they are dirt and rock roads that any stock truck or suv could handle in 2WD. I have heard that there are some more challenging state forest roads up in the beech creek but I don't really know my way around. I have been to Bloody skillet, a DCNR ATV area in the same vicinity as beech creek, lots of fun play areas good for jeeps, but I am not real clear on the legality of using it...I have been 3 times and never seen anyone except a couple dirt bikes up there. The one drawback to bloody skillet is if you have a pristine paint job...there are some tighter trails (it is designed with 4-wheelers in mind after all) and you very well could get branches hitting the side of your vehicle.

As for dates times to go, I can usually carve out time on weekends, or Monday is a holiday, other than that I work a standard week.
Unread 08-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #278
BBWrangler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey all - I live in State College and am looking to hook up for a ride. I've gone out around a few times looking for places to ride nearby, but don't know of any real good spots.
BBWrangler95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #279
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWrangler95
Hey all - I live in State College and am looking to hook up for a ride. I've gone out around a few times looking for places to ride nearby, but don't know of any real good spots.
If u want to ride down to altoona, I can take u to a few spots. We wheel pretty much every weekend.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #280
cdh5165
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just jumping in here, but I'm also in the state college area and I'd be down to go to altoona sometime to wheel, we could maybe get a little group of people to go down there and check it out?
Unread 09-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #281
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh5165
Just jumping in here, but I'm also in the state college area and I'd be down to go to altoona sometime to wheel, we could maybe get a little group of people to go down there and check it out?
Sure could just let me know, got a few guys w me that go out weekly. Just let me know when u wana go, were always down for some wheelin.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.