State College Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > State College Help

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

State College Help

Hey guys. I am new to this and can use some help if anyone is in the State College area.

I can use some direction on what vac lines can go and what are needed (mine are a mess). I am also having some gas smell issues and can use some direction from someone that knows what they are doing.

I don't have any mechanics that I have faith in to take it to in order to resolve this issue.

I am also looking for a "Jeep Buddy"/ "4WD Buddy" in my area. I get bored easily when working alone and would gladly swap jeep work/upgrades/modifications . . . . . . with someone else. Basically I help you, you help me; consumption of beer and or bourbon is probably mandatory.

Any takers?

See ya,

Pat

qlfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I know nothing about vac lines in your jeep,
but I am kinda local and do allot of trail riding on the weekends with the family I am a stock height so nothing to severe.
I'm in Lewistown, but i'd like to know a few more places to wheel or where you guys go ??

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk

Ql,

Not sure if you found a resolution for your Vac lines... haven't been on the forum for a long...long...time. If you looking for someone to help out and drink your beer/bourbon I'll be more that happy to lend an open hand, I live here in State College. I'm sure we can tear into both Jeeps and tinker with things and then try and break them on a trail the next day after the headache goes away... I've got a buddy that might go with as well to break in his new toy too.

Let me know if you interested... and I might bring some bourbon too...
aggieslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

aggieslaughter, thanks for bumping this thread, it has been buried. I live in bellefonte, work in state college, and love tinkering with jeeps while drinking bourbon and/or beer. Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but am an avid diy-er willing to tackle projects and figure it out as I go...probably makes me one of those dreaded PO's now that I think about it...anyway, have a more or less trail ready cj that I am willing to break and rebuild so pm if any or all of you are interested in going out...or need a hand with a project.

Tim
takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was beginning to think there was a shortage of forum people in the area. I see a lot of Jeeps every day on my boring drive to work; I figured sooner or later you guys would show up.

I got my vacuum fixed but my carb still sucks. Waiting for some funds and I will be trying to do a Motorcraft 2100 upgrade to it. I have spent hundreds of hours adjusting and readjusting and it still isnít right.

I have a small shop and Iím converting one of my larger equipment storage buildings into a new shop this spring. Hopefully once that is done there will be lots of room for tearing things down and attempting to put them back together properly : )

I have some small projects to do this winter (TJ flares on front fenders, new front fender, minor body work); once that is done I am ordering my colors from Monsterman and painting the inside and outside of it with Monstaliner.

I havenít wheeled mine at all really, work has kept me busy and the weekends are just flying by this year.

I am on the Tyrone side of town; approximately 12 miles from the stadium.

Drop me a pm and we can meet up and plan some mischief.
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlfarm View Post
I was beginning to think there was a shortage of forum people in the area. I see a lot of Jeeps every day on my boring drive to work; I figured sooner or later you guys would show up.

I got my vacuum fixed but my carb still sucks. Waiting for some funds and I will be trying to do a Motorcraft 2100 upgrade to it. I have spent hundreds of hours adjusting and readjusting and it still isnít right.

I have a small shop and Iím converting one of my larger equipment storage buildings into a new shop this spring. Hopefully once that is done there will be lots of room for tearing things down and attempting to put them back together properly : )

I have some small projects to do this winter (TJ flares on front fenders, new front fender, minor body work); once that is done I am ordering my colors from Monsterman and painting the inside and outside of it with Monstaliner.

I havenít wheeled mine at all really, work has kept me busy and the weekends are just flying by this year.

I am on the Tyrone side of town; approximately 12 miles from the stadium.

Drop me a pm and we can meet up and plan some mischief.
Awesome, I have 2 gallons of Road Rage Monstaliner waiting to be rolled on my exterior and gallon of black for trim/hardtop/rollcage. I can't wait till the weather gets warm enough for that project.

You have seen Ken's refurb thread I assume? You might find some helpful carb information there. He got his Carter running really well after lots of work and finally swapped in a MC2150...troubleshot some problems with it too and has it running great now. His write ups are incredibly detailed and amazingly helpful. Here is the link if you haven't seen it yet. He even conveniently posted an index right up front for finding what you need within the thread. Here is the link http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ke...hread-1040550/

BTW, we are doing some light wheeling this weekend, probably panther run just north of Milroy, if you are interested...found a partner or three in this thread... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f352/...02/index3.html ... meeting at the Sheetz in State College off of Atherton and 99 intersection at 0915-0930
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up on the ride. Can't do it this weekend.

I haven't seen that post but I will take a look. My has a Weber on it and I just can't get it running. Several people have tried to help me out but to no avail.

I am in for helping with the Monsta!!!!!!! I should have my body all ready to go by the time the temp is at 50 degrees. Interior is stripped of carpet and repaired. I am just trying to figure out my final colors for the exterior.

Going to try to fab a swing out tire carrier in the near future. If either of you are thinking of making onew we can pool ideas and see what we can come up with.
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlfarm View Post
I am in for helping with the Monsta!!!!!!! I should have my body all ready to go by the time the temp is at 50 degrees. Interior is stripped of carpet and repaired. I am just trying to figure out my final colors for the exterior.

Going to try to fab a swing out tire carrier in the near future. If either of you are thinking of making onew we can pool ideas and see what we can come up with.
Awesome, I am crossing my fingers for beautiful weather 3-6 March because I have a bit of time off work. Might be a bridge too far though...I can do some disassembly ahead of time, but I run the risk of taking it apart (and losing all my garage space) and then having the weather crap out out on me. So IF the weather looks good for those 4 days--a day and a half of disassembly/organization--a day of scuffing the heck out of everything--half a day of primering--a day of MONSTALINING a couple coats...put everthing back together as I get around to it and after cure. Thats the plan anyway.

I actually have a swing out tire carrier that I am not using, though I want to get it back on. I am missing a support bracket that caused my steel tub to actually tear under the weight of my spare so I pulled it off and patched the tear but I haven't gotten around to actually getting a bracket made or finding one somewhere or whatever so I can use the thing again. Anyway, if you need measurements or design ideas from that I'll be happy to snap photos/measure/etc.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Looks like a no go next weekend, I really don't want to run the risk of having an improper cure for the monsta so I will wait patiently for the weather to get better...Done any work on yours lately? Still have the time off if I want it so am available to lend a hand if you need.
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to order my Monsta stuff but I am going to wait on the weather. I don't want to screw up everything by jumping the gun and not having the right temps to cure it.

Started work on a pair of rocker sliders this weekend. So far so good. I have one side fabricated and ready for the final welding. I just need to make my frame plates and it is good to go.

Of course I picked the only day this entire winter that it was snowing and blowing so it was kind of cold beneath the old girl trying to mock it up, lol.

With any luck it will be nice this weekend and I can get my fender on and the TJ flares on the front end. After that I am ready for Monsta!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.