St.Clair Pa / Reading Anthracite 1/31/09 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > St.Clair Pa / Reading Anthracite 1/31/09

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
02jeepgrand

Like 1 ton yj Said the Reservoir land is illegal to wheel on period. and the land on the other side of the Burma not the walmart side, I would suggest using the parcel locator http://www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/parcelviewer/ and see who owns the land next to the reading anthracite land. I can pretty much say is NOT public land but PRIVATE.

It was in the local paper a few weeks back that a 70+ year old man who owns property on that side was talking a walk on his land and was assaulted and his camera stolen from him buy 10 atv riders. What I gather is he snaped pictures of them on his land and they were afraid they would get arrested for trespasssing , so they took his camera. The Parcel locator is your FRIEND use it to stay LEGAL. Granted it is hard to know exactly where you are and were reading anthracite land ends.. but still if you are not sure It probably is PRIVATE LAND... It will only take a few to screw it up for all... SO WHEEL LEGALLY

And as for driving onto the reservoir You can see in the pic's what looks to be no trespassing signs? A few years ago in Treverton I think, there was a jeep that was out on ice doing donuts and it felll though killing all inside...

Not here to tell you what to do, or not to do thats up to you ..but agian use the parcel locator and COMMON SENSE.

02jeepgrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
DrGonzo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

F.Y.I. the land on both sides of burma road are in fact reading anthracite properties.
12,000 Lb Gorilla Winch
Warn Rock Crawler Rear(front) bumper W/ Receiver Hitch
Olympic Rock Rear Bumper W/ Receiver Hitch
DrGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #18
crazydude2500
1993 ZJ 

haha i usually dont go up there around hunting season....i went up there with a stock zj and f150 and was fine i was on 235's both times didnt really have problems...

green lifted 4.5 w/32's custom front bumper 5.2L
97 xj stock blue tow hooks F&R 4.0L
2004 dodge neon SRT-4
crazydude2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepgrand View Post
I would suggest using the parcel locator http://www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/parcelviewer/ and see who owns the land next to the reading anthracite land. I can pretty much say is NOT public land but PRIVATE.
Interesting...are these parcel locator applications available in other PA Counties as well? Have any links ?
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #20
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEastUnlmtd View Post
I may have access to good PA maps if you are patient about it. Let me know.
Sure
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
DrGonzo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=NEastUnlmtd;6500844]Nah, watershed land. Check out the yellow sections and the names below. Good chance of seeing a worker from the water auth. on a sunny day, catching rays and scoping out the water for swimmers. QUOTE]

wasnt saying that property wasnt water authority, basicaly the property line for the water authority is wolf creek that is on the walmart side, on the other side is also RAC property.
12,000 Lb Gorilla Winch
Unread 02-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
02jeepgrand

Reading owns property on both sides as you start to go up the burma..but not all the way up.. but if you use the parcel ... you will see who owns other parrcels besides reading anthracite... if you were on the right side and were up near the fire tower and then down into New Philly was most likely private property.. probably Kupperavage Coal they own alot of land in the silvercreek area..

Neastunlmtd you are right about visiting some places even though ... well you know LOL but I wouldnt go posting pictures of the activity LOL

Hey I think you were behind me last week comming into Frackville... I was the Grand Cherokee in front of you ..might have been Friday ... Your Jeep Looks Good... what lift are you running?
02jeepgrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #23
NEastUnlmtd
2004 LJ Wrangler 

----------JAKD THREAD pardon one second
-----------------------I PMd you...

The RE 3.5 standard and OMEs BFG ATs --$1500 so far no spare yet maybe this weekend if I can get to Coaldale. I am hoping to put on Currie SAs 2 at a time for the next year every few months. ETC...
I checked out your photos thru your sig your Jeep sits nice. Yes I may have came up Oak behind you. It sits tall with all the rubber tucked under/NICE.
NEastUnlmtd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #24
DrGonzo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the club I ride with has the reading property mapped out and we have it on our GPS units, when we were up on the fire tower road i was following some locals from up there who told me where we were they have the ok to wheel there, that isnt including the Reservoir area
12,000 Lb Gorilla Winch
Unread 02-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #25
jlboyell
2004 TJ Wrangler 

im surprised to see as many people know about this. i ride my 4 wheeler up there a lot. anyone been on the rac land east of 61? instead of turning down hancock which turns into burma road, make a left and go down a little while and after some more turns you are at the foot of some cool hills, with a few very impressive hill climbs (for the 4 wheeler) i have been told you can go from here to shamokin and trevorton, about 20 miles northwest of st clair, only crossing some streets but pretty much staying on trails. i havent figured out how to cross 81 yet...
jlboyell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Blacksahara1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bummed I missed the ride.....just recently found out about JeepForum.....been over at PAJeepin', and have wheeled with a few of those guys around these same parts.

Definitely wanna wheel with you guys. Would like to check out the waterfall and any trails around there......looks very interesting

Post up for the next ride.
Blacksahara1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #27
HeavyMetal
Forum God

1997 XJ Cherokee 

bumping this.

does anyone have any GPS mapping of the area or a reading anthracite map? lookin to snag a permit at the end of this month before i go down there, but could def use some direction...being from ct makes it super impossible to scout it all on my own, id have to take a week off from work lol.. one weekend is tough to cover ground

so anyone have any pointers/locations/coordinates/maps/anything?
Thou preparest a spotter before me in the presence of mine obstacles;

HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #28
coalregionXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Wow i didnt realize guys would go that far just to go wheelin up the burma (i live like 10 mins away in mahanoy city) Any of you guys goin up there any time soon? ive got a stock xj i love to beat the p*ss outta !! ( as long as i make it home
32's mastercraft courser mt's
homemade snorkel
"hold my beer and watch this
coalregionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #29
Blacksahara1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone who knows this area up for wheelin Sat? I'd like to check out the waterfall.
Blacksahara1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
cptnslow
1994 ZJ 

we'll be somewhere around pottsville/tremont for a wkend campin trip. Dont know exactly where thou.. Ive never wheeled down there so Im followin my bud who lives in the area.
cptnslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.