Shawn M. Laity Memorial Ride (August 22) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Shawn M. Laity Memorial Ride (August 22)

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
BH97TJ
1977 CJ7 

Shawn M. Laity Memorial Ride (August 22)

Please join Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance (BMJA) on Sunday, August 22, 2010 to remember one of our great friends, Shawn Laity. Shawn was a very active member of BMJA and was the kind of guy that would do anything for anyone. He always had a smile on his face and never walked away from someone in need.

Shawn was taken from us on his way home while traveling on Route 724 in Reading, PA. It was a very freak accident in which a tree fell on his truck as he was driving. He leaves behind his wife and his 5 year-old daughter. As well as many friends, family, and fellow wheelers.

This event will be held at Rausch Creek Offroad Park (Rausch Creek Off Road Park). Come out Saturday August 21st to watch Rausch Creek’s own RCrocs rock crawling event and wheel on Sunday in Shawn’s memory.

There will be many opportunities to donate on Saturday at the RCrocs event while watching some awesome action.

There will be a ton of raffle items on Sunday from a bunch of different sponsors and companies.

Proceeds from donations on Saturday and Shawn’s Memorial ride on Sunday will go directly to a savings bond for Shawn’s daughter so she can put it towards paying for college when the time comes.

Shawn drove an ’88 YJ, but this event is open to any 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Please come out and show your support for Shawn, as he would have done the same for anyone else.

BH97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

If my Jeep is fixed ill be sure to be there. God bless his familys loss.
Unread 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

I did not know Shawn personally but I do know poeple who considered him a good friend. My heart goes out to his family. I am trail guiding for an event at Rausch the weekend before and I'm not sure yet if I will be able to make this ride.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
OlllllllO
2000 TJ Wrangler 

while it didn't know shawn personally, i knew a few people who did. i'm gonna try to make this, only thing better then wheeling is wheeling for a good cause...
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
BH97TJ
1977 CJ7 

Thanks for the support and kind words, guys! It is sure to be a large event for a great cause! Hope to see everyone there for some good wheeling for a great guy!
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

My Xj is still in pieces but If I come out, will I be able to just join a group to wheel with.
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
BH97TJ
1977 CJ7 

You will more than likely be able to find someone to wheel with. We are getting a great response and there will be a lot of rigs there.

Tell your friends to come out and wheel on August 22!!!
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
BH97TJ
1977 CJ7 

This Sunday is the trail ride!

Here is a little more information ...

All standard (normal) R/C fees still apply, and they are:

$35.00 fee for driver / vehicle
$7.00 fee for each passenger
$15.00 fee for annual pass (if not current)

When you check in at the office, the lovely girls behind the counter will be asking for donations towards the benefit ride. Please do what you can! Every little bit helps. Then look for the group and organizers with the green or yellow vests. They will direct you to the proper group and raffle table.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.