Rausch Creek Trail Ride Invite - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Rausch Creek Trail Ride Invite

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
lvjeeps
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rausch Creek Trail Ride Invite

Hi everyone,
just wanted to send out an invite. On July 24-25, myself and a few friends are plaining a trip to Rausch Creek Offroad Park. None of us have been there but we heard it was pretty cool. Hopefully someone familiar with the trail system would like to join us. Just to give you some insite as to what level we're looking take our rigs on. Our group so far consist of 1 Rubicon running a mild lift and 32" M/T and 2 Tj's w/ 4-5"s of lift running 35" M/T, lockers,winch and light armor. They're daily drivers not bashers so nothing to crazy. Due to the heat... I think we're going to stay at a local Motel instead of camping out. We like to drink a few chillies and have a good time, and we're all in our 30's from Md. So if anyone is interested in joining us your more then welcome. You can send any questions to: lv2surf21157@yahoo.com

lvjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
cklanish88mj
1998 ZJ 

ill drive out im from central pa if you want we have a local ohv called rockrun check it out http://www.rockrunrecreation.com
cklanish88mj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
lvjeeps
2001 TJ Wrangler 

cklanish88mj,
thats cool. Have you ever been to Rausch Creek? I looked at the "RockRun" trial system, looks like it would be cool to have as a local spot to wheel. Not sure if I like that it can be run in both directions. Moto X bikes/4wheelers tend to throw stones and there's more chance for idiots to get hurt. Send me your email and I'll give you the details for the trip.
Thanks, Nick

Last edited by lvjeeps; 06-28-2010 at 03:26 PM..
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
MPETESS10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjeeps View Post
Hi everyone,
just wanted to send out an invite. On July 24-25, myself and a few friends are plaining a trip to Rausch Creek Offroad Park. None of us have been there but we heard it was pretty cool. Hopefully someone familiar with the trail system would like to join us. Just to give you some insite as to what level we're looking take our rigs on. Our group so far consist of 1 Rubicon running a mild lift and 32" M/T and 2 Tj's w/ 4-5"s of lift running 35" M/T, lockers,winch and light armor. They're daily drivers not bashers so nothing to crazy. Due to the heat... I think we're going to stay at a local Motel instead of camping out. We like to drink a few chillies and have a good time, and we're all in our 30's from Md. So if anyone is interested in joining us your more then welcome. You can send any questions to: lv2surf21157@yahoo.com

by chance have you joined Maryland Jeep Club become a member there (its free) and post up that your plannin a trip to Rausch. I am sure a few members on there will be willing to go up with ya and wheel with ya.

I personally would love to go but with the way my funds are going I will need to wait until a week or so before then to determine if I can afford it or not.
MPETESS10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
cklanish88mj
1998 ZJ 

no never been to rausch creek the trails at rock run you dont share with the atvs just jeeps and such there is a designated area for jeeps and such and a place for atvs and such
cklanish88mj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
lvjeeps
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh... sorry I didn't see that in the sections I read. We will be planning a fall camping/wheeling trip as soon as it starts to cool off a bit. We usually go to Green Ridge State Park in Md. but we're all tired of the place. It might be fun if you drive a Subaru...
I'll let my friends know of the site and have then check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklanish88mj View Post
no never been to rausch creek the trails at rock run you dont share with the atvs just jeeps and such there is a designated area for jeeps and such and a place for atvs and such
Unread 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
lvjeeps
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow....I thought more enthusiast's would want to join this trail ride....what a disappointment! MJC fourm already has like 8-10 jeeps that are joining the ride. Hmmm
Unread 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjeeps View Post
Wow....I thought more enthusiast's would want to join this trail ride....what a disappointment! MJC fourm already has like 8-10 jeeps that are joining the ride. Hmmm
We already have a ride set up on the 25th at wharton and it is the weekend after the PA Jeep show. If I wasnt going to wharton, I'd be in.
Unread 07-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
MPETESS10

for what its worth, take the MJC repsonse with a grain of salt. you will have a few guys that show up, but of that 8-9 I am guessing 2-4 of them wont show.
MPETESS10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
SaltyJeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Are you still looking at Rausch? I could help, was the Blue/Green trail guide for Military Jeepers Camp MJ 2010. Might like to go that weekend so it would be fun to meet up with people at the same time. Is this a SAT or a SUN ride as I would probably just be doing a SAT ride. Would meet up at 0800 at a designated area? Chillies after?

05 TJ 2 1/2 lift, discos, 31 at, winch.

jeff
Hull #102
SaltyJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
lvjeeps
2001 TJ Wrangler 

sounds good. so far we have 16 jeeps in the line up. Who knows how many will or will not show but I'll assume half will. Two weeks till the trip. I'll be posting contact info and meeting times etc... after july 18th so check back for details. Should be a really fun time. Thanks. If your a member of MJC cut and paste this site in your browser, you can see the diff rigs/people tht are going.... Maryland Jeep Club • View topic - Rausch Creek Trail Ride / July 24-25
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #12
Mike406
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I will be there on the 24th. I believe its the toyota truck event that weekend as well as two other jeep club's trail ride. Beep when ya see me. White xj white wagon wheels 5.5 inches on 31 inch duratracks
raush-july3-001.jpg  
Mike406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #13
lvjeeps
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike406 View Post
I will be there on the 24th. I believe its the toyota truck event that weekend as well as two other jeep club's trail ride. Beep when ya see me. White xj white wagon wheels 5.5 inches on 31 inch duratracks
Sure thing.... are you going with a group? Love the Wht. wagons, never see them any more untill recently.
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Mike406
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I am going with a mix of my group and a group from PA. But the way it usually happens is not even close to how it was planned. I will be there.
Mike406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #15
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

16 is FAR too many for RC in one group. Break it into 3 maybe 4 groups by what they can run. I'll be there, running blues and blacks for the most part, easier if my wife comes, harder if not. Mine's a daily too, but what's the point of going to a dedicated trail system like RC if you're gonna try to run what you run at GR?

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.