Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rausch Creek Trail Ride Invite

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  lvjeeps 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
just wanted to send out an invite. On July 24-25, myself and a few friends are plaining a trip to Rausch Creek Offroad Park. None of us have been there but we heard it was pretty cool. Hopefully someone familiar with the trail system would like to join us. Just to give you some insite as to what level we're looking take our rigs on. Our group so far consist of 1 Rubicon running a mild lift and 32" M/T and 2 Tj's w/ 4-5"s of lift running 35" M/T, lockers,winch and light armor. They're daily drivers not bashers so nothing to crazy. Due to the heat... I think we're going to stay at a local Motel instead of camping out. We like to drink a few chillies and have a good time, and we're all in our 30's from Md. So if anyone is interested in joining us your more then welcome. You can send any questions to: lv2surf21157@yahoo.com

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
cklanish88mj,
thats cool. Have you ever been to Rausch Creek? I looked at the "RockRun" trial system, looks like it would be cool to have as a local spot to wheel. Not sure if I like that it can be run in both directions. Moto X bikes/4wheelers tend to throw stones and there's more chance for idiots to get hurt. Send me your email and I'll give you the details for the trip.
Thanks, Nick

#4 ·
by chance have you joined Maryland Jeep Club become a member there (its free) and post up that your plannin a trip to Rausch. I am sure a few members on there will be willing to go up with ya and wheel with ya.

I personally would love to go but with the way my funds are going I will need to wait until a week or so before then to determine if I can afford it or not.

#5 ·
no never been to rausch creek the trails at rock run you dont share with the atvs just jeeps and such there is a designated area for jeeps and such and a place for atvs and such

#6 ·
Oh... sorry I didn't see that in the sections I read. We will be planning a fall camping/wheeling trip as soon as it starts to cool off a bit. We usually go to Green Ridge State Park in Md. but we're all tired of the place. It might be fun if you drive a Subaru...
I'll let my friends know of the site and have then check it out

#10 ·
Are you still looking at Rausch? I could help, was the Blue/Green trail guide for Military Jeepers Camp MJ 2010. Might like to go that weekend so it would be fun to meet up with people at the same time. Is this a SAT or a SUN ride as I would probably just be doing a SAT ride. Would meet up at 0800 at a designated area? Chillies after?:cheers:

05 TJ 2 1/2 lift, discos, 31 at, winch.

jeff

#11 ·
sounds good. so far we have 16 jeeps in the line up. Who knows how many will or will not show but I'll assume half will. Two weeks till the trip. I'll be posting contact info and meeting times etc... after july 18th so check back for details. Should be a really fun time. Thanks. If your a member of MJC cut and paste this site in your browser, you can see the diff rigs/people tht are going.... Maryland Jeep Club • View topic - Rausch Creek Trail Ride / July 24-25

#15 ·
16 is FAR too many for RC in one group. Break it into 3 maybe 4 groups by what they can run. I'll be there, running blues and blacks for the most part, easier if my wife comes, harder if not. Mine's a daily too, but what's the point of going to a dedicated trail system like RC if you're gonna try to run what you run at GR?

#16 ·
might be in for saturday, i've guided a few runs up at RC in the past but i've been without a jeep for a year or two so i'm not quite as familar with the trails anymore. i've got a 00' TJ w/ about 3.5" lift and 33's, i'd be lookin to do some lower blues since i don't have much in the way of skids yet

kyle

#17 ·
Hi Everyone,
As promised, here's the skinny.
First off, if your not already a Member of Rausch Creek please go to the following link and download and print the Membership Application PDF. (Rausch Creek Off Road Park ) You and your passenger should fill out the form in advance only to help expedite the process Saturday moring. Please be sure to bring money for your Member Fees and a Donation for the Air Station. I also recommend you having a full gas tank, snacks and water.

Lodging: For those of you not looking to brave the heat like myself. Reserve your room ASAP at the Comfort Inn. Be sure to let them know your visiting Rausch Creek for the discounted room rate ($60 per night). Rooms accomodate up to 6 people.

Exit 100 (Pine Grove) 7 miles from the park
Comfort Inn
570-345-8031
68 Rooms available
Indoor Heated Pool / Fitness Center / Free Deluxe Cont. Breakfast...

If Camping out is your thing....your a Bad A_ _!

Meeting time: Saturday, 24,2010 @ 9am , At the office parking lots, they ask for people not to park infont of the Office.

Me: I'm Nick, you can send me a text or just give me a call @ 443-536-6221 or look for my Grey TJ in the parking lot( see profile pic). We are staying at the Comfort Inn. I'll be driving up Friday night.

So far I've had 16 people, whom I've never met before say they are attending this ride. I expect atleast half of them will show.If we do have a large group, we will most likley break up into smaller groups according to what your looking to run. We will pick the person(s) thats most experianced with the trail network to lead our group(s). If you happen to be that person, please send me an email with your info and what trails you would like to lead... lv2surf21157@yahoo.com

Looking forward to meeting you all

#18 ·
i will be in mike406 group...and would be happy to meet up with you guys...
we were hoping that more of our club would be going but you know how that goes...so far this is the rigs going from our club...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.