Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rausch Creek trail/ pic thread

11K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  SAILOR_MIKE 
#1 ·
With Spring approaching and the majority of folks getting their winter projects wrapped up as well as newbies getting ready to hit the trails for the first time, anyone game for an RC pic thread?

Since Rausch Creek is the largest and most popular park for most of us here on the East Coast, post up some pics of you wheeling the park. Tell us the trail/ obstacle where the pic was taken and if you remember what side of the park it was on. That'll help the newb's decide where to go, or avoid.
:cheers2:

#3 ·
Here are some from last April with the Dirty Jersey group. South side nice hill climbs out of the lake.
Craven in Lake Cristie.

Mike aka Swamp Mouse going around the pizza rock. I love this side of the park. West side.

Near the top of boot hill on the south side.

Scott on an unamed mud hole on the west side.

Swamp mouse stock in smothie on the west side.

I hope that ewnough to get the thread started.

#11 ·
I love those pics, great job dude.

but this pic below, borrowed from above, is why I don't go into mud anymore.
I learned my lessons with my YJ, stayed away from mud in my tj, and def not in my jk. maybe I should wear a skirt, i know.

I feel for this guy:

#12 ·
I normally try to avoid mud too. Don't feel bad for the guy above he loves mud and water, he had to be pulled out that time but decided to go back around and hit it again and made it through.

#13 ·
these pictures are why Rausch Creek is great. There is more then enough rocks and of all different sizes mind you. Plus there is some mud for those who love it, why they love mud though is beyond me. I primarily avoid mud unless it's on a trail that has rocks, but even then I avoid the big pits. I've gone through Lake Christy once both ways and also the end of trail 2 where it has that turnaround. Both spots where plenty deep enough for me and had my heart beating a couple beats faster for the little bit I was in them.

I'm looking to get up there on the 28th to help with NAXJA's trail cutting day and then wheel the rest of it. Although I can't figure out what I want to do considering that I need to be on the road by 4 which would only give me maybe 3 hours or so of actual wheeling. If anyone is looking to go up PM me. I primarily run blues, I'm still hesitant to do many blacks due to lack of skids still at this point.

This was just screwing around at the end of the day out in the comp area. I normally don't get to many picks of me wheeling due to the fact that I'm the one driving and rarely have a co-pilot.

#16 ·
nice pics!

#27 ·
From the new side of the park, Thanks Lynn!

here's a few pics from Saturday 4/17

new trail with three hillclimbs between T1 and T (it's called Tip Top). Not sure of the rating yet, but this hill pictured here I believe is the easiest of the three. The view from the top is cool.

One of the hillclimbs out of the Pit

Couple pics of the washout near the entrance along N4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.