Rausch Creek - Sunday, July 11th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Rausch Creek - Sunday, July 11th

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Rausch Creek - Sunday, July 11th

Its been a while since I've been there (since last summer) and the itch needs scratched. This date is pretty much the only day I can go, as most of my July is booked. I'm looking to run greens and blues, as I have a first-timer looking to use his XJ, and I'm just looking to have a good time this time without worrying about breaking anything

All those who are going to go, post up!

H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm gonna post up tentatively. Since it's only Blue/Green, I should be able to drive the XJ there & back. But I might be tempted to mess around on a black or 2
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
MarkF

I'm a maybe. Long drive from LI , but I'd consider it.
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl View Post
I'm gonna post up tentatively. Since it's only Blue/Green, I should be able to drive the XJ there & back. But I might be tempted to mess around on a black or 2
Yeah that's the plan for me as well. I am interested in some such as yellow jacket ridge, etc.
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Put me down as a maybe, I will be doing a 9 hr drive back from VT on the 10th so it will depend if I feel like dragging my butt out of bed and doing the 2 hr trip up to rausch that morning. I normally do primarily Blues and hit some of the black stuff the greens and blues like yellow jacket and the rock gardens off 1a and 18.

August 7, 8 & 9, 2015 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
Jeepin_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad View Post
Put me down as a maybe, I will be doing a 9 hr drive back from VT on the 10th so it will depend if I feel like dragging my butt out of bed and doing the 2 hr trip up to rausch that morning. I normally do primarily Blues and hit some of the black stuff the greens and blues like yellow jacket and the rock gardens off 1a and 18.
I will be doing likewise. I'll be coming home from a road trip as well, and have been looking to get up there again. My booked weekends pretty much leave that Sunday open though. As for trails, I like to hit blues and blue/blacks, however I'm bringing a first timer in a stock XJ. I'd definitely appreciate your input and requests for trails to hit, as this would only be my third time there. Oh, and depending where in PA you're coming from (I assume south central because you'd be going "UP" to RC), we could convoy up.

Unread 06-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I will be doing likewise. I'll be coming home from a road trip as well, and have been looking to get up there again. My booked weekends pretty much leave that Sunday open though. As for trails, I like to hit blues and blue/blacks, however I'm bringing a first timer in a stock XJ. I'd definitely appreciate your input and requests for trails to hit, as this would only be my third time there. Oh, and depending where in PA you're coming from (I assume south central because you'd be going "UP" to RC), we could convoy up.

I'm in Oxford, about 30-40 minutes south of Lancaster.

How stock is the XJ? Tow Hooks? Tires, size & type? How concerned are they about undercarage/rocker panel dings & scrapes?

I wouldn't have any problems taking a stock XJ on any of the green trails, some of my favorites with a mixed group are:

1a- fun bypassable blue hill sections including winch hill and black rock garden
21 - some bypassable blue & black sections, one or 2 spots that would challenge the XJ
J, J1, J2 - any are fun to get down to the West property
14 - twisty forest trail
washout on 11
Playground at the top of Pole line

Blues:
2 - fun rocky areas and hill climb that have bypasses
Power Line - 3 small hill climbs between B & C, center is easy with more challenging lines on either side
12a, b, c - a couple of places that might challange a stocker
10a

I would probably avoid blues 18, 23, 19b especially with a 1st timer, there are a few spots that are not bypassable and have the potential to cause damage.

I have not been over there yet but the new NE property is very stocker friendly from what i have been told.

Unread 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

I spoke with him last night (for reference's sake, its completely stock save for some black soft 8's.), and they will likely bring the wrangler they have, which is a TJ with a 2" BB and 31's. Methinks that's a better alternative. Those trails sound good, as I've been on a few of them. The hardest trail I've been in my YJ was 13 on the west property. We did all three sections. That was pretty fun times
Unread 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I might be in. Hows an XJ 2" on 31s with armor sound and not afraid to beat up.

What time
Unread 06-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ View Post
I might be in. Hows an XJ 2" on 31s with armor sound and not afraid to beat up.

What time
You would be fine on green and blues. If I do make it, I normally shoot for being up there by 8:30, sign in, air down and be ready to hit the trail around 9:00. Normally on Sundays I shoot to be back at the staging area by 4:00 to give everyone enough time to reconnect, air up, give the riggs a once over for any damage and get on the road before the gates close at 5:00.

Unread 07-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Im in. Will be in a Red XJ, 4.5 RC short arm, 32s

Belly and rocker protection, Locked in the front(as long as my order comes in on time)

Ready to do blues up to some easy blacks. Mainly I'd rather do trails that have something for everyone, say a good obstacle with a harder than a dirt road bypass.
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like I'll be out. My days off at work have been randomly changed .
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
jerseytank
1989 YJ Wrangler 

im in

whats up guys. im new to the site and always looking to take my 89 yj out for a good run. So if you dont mind the company im in. If you dont mind smity hit me back in a pm just to confirm. thanks
tank
jerseytank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #14
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad View Post
If I do make it, I normally shoot for being up there by 8:30, sign in, air down and be ready to hit the trail around 9:00. Normally on Sundays I shoot to be back at the staging area by 4:00 to give everyone enough time to reconnect, air up, give the riggs a once over for any damage and get on the road before the gates close at 5:00.
Sounds like a good plan to me. I was thinking quite similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ View Post
Im in. Will be in a Red XJ, 4.5 RC short arm, 32s

Belly and rocker protection, Locked in the front(as long as my order comes in on time)

Ready to do blues up to some easy blacks. Mainly I'd rather do trails that have something for everyone, say a good obstacle with a harder than a dirt road bypass.
Agreed. What happened to to the TJ you had? Didn't you have a yellow Rubi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl View Post
Looks like I'll be out. My days off at work have been randomly changed .
Man I hate when that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytank View Post
whats up guys. im new to the site and always looking to take my 89 yj out for a good run. So if you dont mind the company im in. If you dont mind smity hit me back in a pm just to confirm. thanks
tank
PM Sent.

If you could, I would like to have your cell numbers, in the event of Murphy's Law going into effect, just so we can communicate. I'd suggest PM'ing them to me (that's what the "group leader" did for us last time IIRC) and I'll PM them to everyone attending. As for a tentative list, it seems we have:

Smithy - YJ
Jeepin Dad - JK (maybe)
BriansCJ - XJ
jerseytank - YJ

and two other friends of mine not on the forum (yet):

Bobby - XJ
Bobby's Dad - TJ

Unread 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #15
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me. I was thinking quite similar.

Agreed. What happened to to the TJ you had? Didn't you have a yellow Rubi?
Close
A black Rubi and a Yellow Cj5. I still have the CJ but it needs a cage and some electrical work. We sold the Rubi because insurance was too much and it needed some work, which I didnt have the money to do.

Now im in a Red XJ, only have liability, can beat it up and not feel as bad, and have more money to mod it.

My cell is (609) 703-2683

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.