Rausch Creek- late August? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Rausch Creek- late August?

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #61
Roman2468
2005 WK 

My buddy did the same on his. It is an easy fix for a good welder. A little welding, a little grinding and it will be good to go.

Roman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #62
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Hopefully all goes well. The weather is supposed to be great on Monday. Low 70's and plenty of sun.
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #63
mirra9112
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will be camping there on Sunday night and Monday night, wheeling Monday and Tuesday with four or five other trucks. This is going to be my first time out there. Possibly see you guys on the trail or at camp. Have a good time.
mirra9112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #64
creepin_jeeper

I'm gonna try to get everything back together and make it. Hopefully there no other issues. I've been looking forward to this for about a month that is perfect weather for wheeling, I went in june and had to run the AC all day and that sucked! Robbed power and wasted a lot of gas. Ill post up later this evening with an update.
creepin_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #65
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirra9112 View Post
I will be camping there on Sunday night and Monday night, wheeling Monday and Tuesday with four or five other trucks. This is going to be my first time out there. Possibly see you guys on the trail or at camp. Have a good time.
I'm going to be camping Sunday/Monday night as well. What kind of trails you guys going to be doing? (green/blue/blac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepin_jeeper View Post
I'm gonna try to get everything back together and make it. Hopefully there no other issues. I've been looking forward to this for about a month that is perfect weather for wheeling, I went in june and had to run the AC all day and that sucked! Robbed power and wasted a lot of gas. Ill post up later this evening with an update.
Hope you get it back together! Did you make it to the dealer in time?
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #66
creepin_jeeper

Yea I got the part in time but I tried to fix it another way, I took the knuckle to a machine shop and had the guys cut out the crack and fill it with new weld it looks almost perfect other then the coin edge where he welded it but he said it should be as strong as new. Ill be getting off at 3 and getting right on working on the jeep so hopefully I can get it all back together.
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #67
mirra9112
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I can't speak for everyone in the group, but I will likely be sticking to green trails. Like I said, it is going to be my first time there, my Jeep is my daily driver for work/school, and it is "stock" except for an exhaust. Some of the others may try a few blues, but I'm not positive.
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #68
creepin_jeeper

Hmm a stock jeep might be challenged. On some greens, my jeep is lifted 2 inches and I hit the control arms and came real close to the rockers. Scroll back to page 3 and look at the video I posted that is what's on the green trails.
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #69
mirra9112
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up man. I saw your video earlier. Ill have to take it easy and see how the trails are.
Unread 08-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #70
Roman2468
2005 WK 

He should be ok on greens. He already beats us on clearance. (Wrangler vs. GC)
Unread 08-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #71
Roman2468
2005 WK 

mirra9112
What type of rigs are you running with?
Unread 08-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #72
creepin_jeeper

Hey I got everything back together so it looks like ill be able to make it... I'm so glad cuz I've been looking forward to this trip for awhile I even took off work for this.
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #73
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Excellent man. It will be great to run with another WK for once.
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #74
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Where in B-more do you live?
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #75
creepin_jeeper

I'm real close to the towson area, according. To gps and the travel time it took me last time I'm 2 hours away from Rausch Creeek

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.