Rausch Creek- late August? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Rausch Creek- late August?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #46
Roman2468
2005 WK 

I emailed RC today. I will post as soon as I hear confirmation from them for Monday. You still want to meet there at 9am?

Roman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #47
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be leaving Sunday the 22nd to be at RC for that night with my buddy Josh. We will be camping at Rausch Creek Sunday and Monday night, so we will be able to head out whenever really.

9am is fine with me...do you guys need to do any wrenching before we wheel?

I left Lynn a message tonight, hopefully I will hear back by tomorrow.

1) Roman2468
2) Creepin_Jeeper
3) Zero Gravity
4)
5)
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #48
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If anyone wants to jump in our group feel free to post up.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
creepin_jeeper

9 am sounds good to me its about 2 hours away. Being a Monday there will probably be some traffic on 83. I hope you get an answer back from them, when I called in the past I never got a call back... can you. Send me a pm with a cell number so we can communicate easier? Ill reply with my cell number. There weren't any replies as to update the list going so as of now it looks like just the 2 of us.

Keep me posted - Drew
creepin_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #50
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I actually talked to her she's going to have someone call me back to confirm.

I'll just send you guys PMs from now.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #51
creepin_jeeper

Edit: I never pushed submit after I wrote the above message so there were other replies made...

It looks like it will be 3 of us total now which is good, as far as wrenching I don't need to do anything more then air down my tires after arrival and check in. I will probably come alone since my buddy can't ride along due to major plumbing and remodeling getting done to his house... I can't think of anything else to add I know its a few days away but let's all keep in touch so nothing gets mixed up.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #52
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Zero Gravity
I got your PM as well. I am good to go. I had emailed her as well. Here is what she sent back:
Just a few questions. Are you members of the park? Have you
wheeled during the week before? And you have 3 vehicles, or 3 people?
Have you wheeled the NE property before?
I am sure you guys both know, but I am a member already, and I have wheeled the NE area as well.
I will be there at 9am on Monday morning. I will probably be by myself, but may bring one of my dogs.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #53
creepin_jeeper

I am also already a menber, I have never been to the northeast property but I'm sure its somewhat similar to the old property. I think personally some of the "greens" have been worn to near blues and we did most of the old ones. I'm still a go for Monday I will plan to be there at 9 am as long as there is no traffic to hold me up.

Just to clarify we are looking at $45 entrance fee correct?

Oh btw I'm writing this from my phone as I'm sitting next to my Jeep with the entire front suspension pulled apart trying to find my hidden clunk noise. Its driving me insane. Plus this gives me the chance to make sure everything is torqued properly.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #54
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Yup. For the NE side to be included it will be $45.
Do you have the clunk all of the time? Or just on bigger bumps? I have always gotten a small "cluck" on larger bumps. But mine is very minor.
I agree with you, alot of the older greens have been worn to a blue level. The NE has true greens and some blues. I understand there are more blues than the last time I was there in May.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #55
creepin_jeeper

My clunk is only there on take off when the front lifts unter the torque of accelerating, not ever on bumps or pot holes. I once retorqued the strut bolts under the fuse box on the drivers side and it seemed to go away untill of went off raod at rausch creek in june and it came back now I'm going a step further and I took the strut completly out and checked the spacer bolts and now I am starting to put it back together. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that the knuckle touches the spring plate upon high articulation or if I lift a front wheel off the ground, I've read that this happens with all lifted WK's but still its not right and has got to cause added stress to other parts. Idk I'm hoping this fixes it but if not I live with a clunk.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #56
Roman2468
2005 WK 

I wag getting a clunking/groaning sound after my last off-road trip. This sounds stupid, but mine was just dirt/small rocks caught between the original top spring plate and the spacer for the lift. I used a presssure wassher to clean it real well, and it went away. But not a help to you, but an idea.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #57
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Just to get an idea for Monday, I know you are running a similar setup to me, but what exactly are you running for lift/tires/armor?
Unread 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #58
creepin_jeeper

Well I don't think its dirt because the entire undercarage (sp) was powerwasher after returning home so its wasn't that, even just now when I took everything apart there was no real dirt just normal road dirt.

I do have one question well actually 2 have you or any othe WK ever disconected their sway bar for off roading? What are the hazards if I would try? Also does the top of the sway bar link go on the inside of the sway bar or the outside it will go on both ways and but when its on the out side it has a very drastic angle to it and it seems to be pulling/putting a lot of pressure on the top bushings. I'm wondering if this could be my clunk noise all along because I had them installed on the outside.

As far as my jeep I'm lifted on a Rough Country 2" BB and I'm running a set of 265/70 nitto terra grapplers on stock rims with 1.25" spacers, I have custom 3/4" front shackle mounts that were built custom for me by Saguaro 4X Components and a rear recovery hitch mounted shackle, for armor I have the belly guard from 4X Guard and also a rockcrusher rear dif cover.
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #59
Roman2468
2005 WK 

I have never disconnected the sway bar for off-roading. I have thought about it, but I believe the UCA and LCA will limit the travel before the disconnection would be beneficial. I was a little leary of trying for the fear of damage. (our setup is totally different than that of a Wrangler, where is helps greatly) Also, the sway bar link does mount to the outside of the sway bar. Or at least it always has on mine.
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #60
creepin_jeeper

Well now I'm not 100% sure if ill be able to make it... I broke the jeep while working on it. I had almost the entire front suspension back together and I was putting the tie rod on to the knuckle and I made a dumb mistake I used an impact gun to draw the nut up and I assume by the outcome I over torqued it because it cracked right clean in half... I was able to contact a local machine shop who welds aluminum and he cut a v trench were it was cracked and fill it with fresh weld he said that is was a very good casting so it should be as strong as new, I had to call it quits for tonight and clean up. So it looks like after work tomorrow I can try once again to put everything back together. If I can get it back together and everything is good to go then ill be there but if not count me out for this trip. This was definatly unforseen and put a big curve in my plans. Ill keep you guys updated with how things go but wanted to let you know. -Drew

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.