Rausch Creek- late August? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Rausch Creek- late August?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 08-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #16
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies. How are the green trails as far as difficulty goes and what about the next step up? I'm looking for stuff that's going to be challenging, hoping to hit some rocks. Not thrilled about mud but I ain't scared to get my Jeep wet I don't want to push you guys to do stuff you aren't comfortable with.

Plenty of pics/specs in my build thread.

The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
creepin_jeeper

See wranglers are much more capable when it comes to trails. I'm a noob when it comes to off road and I don't want to bore anyone with the trails I decide to go on. The old greens are the max I feel comfortable with for my current set up. I don't know about the NE area but the old Greens gave everyone and little something to enjoy.

I have a few texts or PM's into the other guys and if I don't start getting any intrest then I probably will call off next weekend and shoot for this trip with you guys...
creepin_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
bigcherokee

hey id like to go on the trip with you guy looks like fun i never been there before.
bigcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
nathans95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i might like to go. but i dont have lockers would i be alright. I dont want to be the hindrance to the group.
nathans95yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Zero Gravity
Please do not think I am try to take over your thread. I just want to answer as many questions as I can.

I can best describe the NE area as follows:
*Overall not a rocky as the old side.
*Has rocks, but they do not litter the trail, as they do on some of the older trails.
*There is water. The Pit and Pit Jr. both have shallow parts and deep parts. Last time I was there they were anywhere from 2in to 3ft.
*There are good hill climbs, but most have the option of easy and tough, depending on your path.
* Overall, a great experience.

ZeroGravity
You would find plenty of challenges in the NE area. We can always jump over to the old area later in the day as well.

nathans95yj
You would not need lockers. They may help a little for some of the obstacles, but you would not need them.

What do you say we get list together for Mon the 23rd, Tue the 24th or Wed the 25th? I am game for any of the three.
1) Roman2468 (Brandon)
2)
3)
4)
5)
Roman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
creepin_jeeper

Add my name to the list because I'm pretty sure my trip planned for the 7th will flop, it looks like so far there will be about 4 of us and that should make for a fun day. I like to go out with a afew guys because if there are any tricky spot there will be someone there to spot if needed, I know I hit my lower control arms twice and then I decided to have a spotter for anything that was tricky looking from then on... plus who knows I might want someone to take a video/pictures of my jeep along the way because its not everyday people see these newer grand cherokees out on the trails.
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
Roman2468
2005 WK 

I will definitely have my video camera as well. What day works best for everyone interested?
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
creepin_jeeper

Oh and I think Monday the 23rd would work best for me since its easier to get that day off then random mid-week day.
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #24
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Monday the 23rd sounds like a good day for low traffic. Anyone welcome. Running Greens in the new NE area. Optional Blues along the way if interested.

What do you say we get list together for Mon the 23rd:
1) Roman2468 (Brandon)
2) creepin jeeper
3)
4)
5)

I can meet as early as 8:30am. It is about 1.5hrs from Red Lion, PA for me. Please check out the fees for RC here:
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com/sis/mem.php
It will +$10 for us to wheel the new NE area. But, like I stated earlier, well worth it. Especially for WKs.

Last edited by Roman2468; 08-01-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Unread 08-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #25
creepin_jeeper

Yea I went on the older well worked trails and it was at some points the max I would take my jeep. I'll explain the fees if you are a first time vistitor... there is a membership fee and you only have to pay one time annually and that is $15 for the driver, then there is a entrance fee which is paid each day that you wish to wheel at the park and that is $35 plus I guess the $10 surcharge for the NE area. I am already a member for this year so that saves me a little bit but to be able to wheel on maintained trails run by a good group of people I'm fine with paying an entrance fee.

Also I'm just about 2 hours away from Rausch Creek and the last time I went I got there at 830 and it was busy! The group I was meeting arrived late and I was alittle annoyed but it was whatever we didn't end up hitting the trails until about 10 am but we were still out there for about 6 hours which was plenty long enough. I'd like to shoot for a meeting time of about 830 or 9 am and hit the trails asap from there.
Unread 08-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #26
bigcherokee

Add my name ill go
bigcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Monday the 23rd sounds like a good day for low traffic. Anyone welcome. Running Greens in the new NE area. Optional Blues along the way if interested.

1) Roman2468 (Brandon)
2) creepin jeeper
3) bigcherokee
4)
5)
Unread 08-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #28
nathans95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

that sounds good but i just have to convince my dad
nathans95yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #29
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman2468 View Post
Zero Gravity
Please do not think I am try to take over your thread. I just want to answer as many questions as I can.

I can best describe the NE area as follows:
*Overall not a rocky as the old side.
*Has rocks, but they do not litter the trail, as they do on some of the older trails.
*There is water. The Pit and Pit Jr. both have shallow parts and deep parts. Last time I was there they were anywhere from 2in to 3ft.
*There are good hill climbs, but most have the option of easy and tough, depending on your path.
* Overall, a great experience.

ZeroGravity
You would find plenty of challenges in the NE area. We can always jump over to the old area later in the day as well.

nathans95yj
You would not need lockers. They may help a little for some of the obstacles, but you would not need them.
Since you have firsthand experience I'll take your word for it Put me on the list. Since I'm making an 8 hour drive (estimated) I want to wheel at least two days. Are any of you guys interested in making it back for a second day?

The "best" days are still up in the air for me, but I plan on leaving Sunday the 22 to be there for that evening, and wheeling the next day.

I was also thinking there would be less trail traffic and more time to take our time.

EDIT: Oh no I'm going to be overtaken by Cherokees
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #30
Roman2468
2005 WK 

1) Roman2468 (Brandon)
2) creepin jeeper
3) bigcherokee
4) ZeroGravity
5)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.