Rausch Creek- late August? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Rausch Creek- late August?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 07-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Rausch Creek- late August?

I want to go to Rausch Creek this summer. I'm planning on the last week/weekend in August. It will be anywhere between 21-33 depending on when I can get the time off.

I don't know any other wheelers firsthand, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up down there so we can meet the 2 vehicle minimum.

I want to camp there but I'll have to see how availability is this time of year. I may bring one passenger and I'll be driving my Jeep.

Running 2.5" OME sua, 1" BL, 1/2" shackle on 31x10.5 BFG Mud Terrains, 4.0 fuel injected. Should be locked in front by then but not certain. Recovery points front/rear, recovery straps, CB. As far as experience goes, I know enough to know that I don't know very much. I try to take my time.

Anything could change.

The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to be there on the 14th and don't know if I will be able to make it up later in the month. If you can make the 22nd Blue Mountain Jeep Association is having a memorial ride for a fellow wheeler who was killed in a freak accident. I have wheeled with several members of the club and they are a great group. Here is the thread

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/...-22-a-1077784/
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm planning on attending a trail ride with a club I'm trying to join on the 14th and I think I just the week of August 22-27. I appreciate it though.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
Unread 07-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
creepin_jeeper

Hey I posted a thread looking for a few people to go up to Rausch Creek on 8/7 but no one has posted. I have a few other people interested on other forums but no one has commited 100% yet. If the 8/7 wheeling trip doesnt work out I might be interested in meeting you up there that way we can meet the 2 vehicle limit and have a fun day wheeling. let me know what you think about going on 8/27 because that would be my next available weekend.

I'm kinda a noob to off roading Ive only been off-roading one time before and that was at Rausch Creek back in June. I had a blast and thats why I wanna go back.

Im driving an 05 Grand Cherokee with a 2" lift and 32" A/T's I also have some custom recovery shackles in the front and rear and some recovery gear/tools with me at all times. I hit the green (easy) trails last time out and some spots along the way was my Jeeps limits I think. I never got stuck but I bumped a control arm once or twice. Anyway Ill check back on this thread and let you know if 8/7 works out or not.
creepin_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Roman2468
2005 WK 

I could do anything from the 21st-25th. I have a similiar setup to Creepin_Jeeper. I would really like to get over to the new NE area again. We went a couple months ago and it was great. Maybe we could do a midweek run, so there is little traffic. Just let me know.
Roman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
creepin_jeeper

Rausch Creek is only opened on the weekend so a mid-week trip won't work...
Unread 07-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Rausch Creek is open during the week IF you call them ahead and let them know when you will be coming. They told me before they only need 24hrs notice. They will unlock the gates and check you in and ask for an approx exit time.
Unread 07-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman2468 View Post
Rausch Creek is open during the week IF you call them ahead and let them know when you will be coming. They told me before they only need 24hrs notice. They will unlock the gates and check you in and ask for an approx exit time.
Yeah, that's what the website said. I figure there will be considerably less traffic.
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
creepin_jeeper

I could possibly work out a mid week run I would have to know ahead of time the date so I could take off work. I dont know anything about the new NE area but I'd rather not go on anything more then Green trails which is what I did last time and I had a blast. I guess lets see what we can come up with as far as plans and we can go from there...
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Creepin-jeeper
I would definitely only do Greens as well. It is $10 more to get access to the NE area, but it was worth that and more the last time I went. We only ran the Greens(that was all they had created at that time) and it was great. If you guys would want, although I have only been in the NE area once for about 6hrs, I would be will to attempt to lead for the day. There area some great hill climbs and water. Not nearly as rocky as the other side (although some challenging spots), but much more enjoyable for us mildly modified people.
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
Roman2468
2005 WK 

Maybe we could shoot for the 23rd, 24th or 25th?
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
creepin_jeeper

I thought the old side was really rocky for being Green trails so if the new side is not as bad then I'm all for trying those out. My Jeep is my DD and I cant have damage to it. Im fine with the extra $10 fee for the NE area...

As I posted up before I have a trip planned for 8/7 to go up there but I havent had anyone commit 100% if they are going or not, If no one can join me on 8/7 then I will just hold off and meet up with you guys sometime around the 23rd, 24th, or 25th. I cant commit to this trip yet because of the other one so Ill let you guys know.
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #13
Roman2468
2005 WK 

NE is far less rocky. Mine is my DD as well.
Unread 08-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
creepin_jeeper

Ok good I noticed you have a 4.7 so I'm guessing QT2?

I only have the 3.7 & QT1, I didnt have any issues the last time out there and that was on some pretty rough stuff as you know along the old Greens, I aired down a little and everything was fine I did stuff the other WK and TJ that was with us didnt do.

If everything works out and we can plan to go up there on one of those dates I might have another guy joining with his WK on RRO lift and M/T but once again hes not comitted... I'm definatly trying to go back up to Rausch atleast once more this year,.
Unread 08-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #15
Roman2468
2005 WK 

I have QDII with limited slip. I also aired down. I run 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2s. I went down to about 26psi and it worked great. No slipping at all.
Hope you can go. It would be great to get out with more WKs. The last 2 times I went I was the only WK I saw all day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.