Public meeting being held to discuss proposed off road park in PA! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Public meeting being held to discuss proposed off road park in PA!

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Bustedmp
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Public meeting being held to discuss proposed off road park in PA!

There is going to be a public meeting held at the Shamokin High School July 27th at 630pm to discuss a proposed off road park near Shamokin, Pa. All the wheelers in and around the area should try to attend. Those that are in support of it, we need your help. Those that are against it, should also attend to voice your concerns. Don't be the ones that don't do or say anything, and then complain when it does, or doesn't happen!!

The News Item | News | newsitem.com

Unread 07-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

wish I knew this in advance so I couldve left work early
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Bustedmp
1992 XJ Cherokee 

You still can, it's next tuesday! Be sure to pass the word on to your wheeling buddies.
Unread 07-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
Sloth_Fratelli
1996 XJ Cherokee 

what county is that in? im in butler
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Bustedmp
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Northumberland county
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
rkymtn05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What was the outcome of this? I'd love to have more options than just Rausch Creek in the area!
rkymtn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
LimeLite
1978 CJ5 

had 2 meetings so far and 1 more scheduled, for june 23rd at the shamokin high school. should prove to be pretty interesting. there are some very vocal locals that have shown up for the previous 2 speaking out against it.
LimeLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
rkymtn05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What's thier arguement? It'll bring in to much outside money and maybe stimulate the local economy? That would be horrible! lol
rkymtn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

that they'll have to pay to wheel "their own land". the freakin derelicts think cuz they pay taxes, they own it.

if thats the case, i GOTTA own more than this crummy 2/3 of an acre by now with all the taxes ive paid since 16yrs old.

if u ever been in that area, then u know it needs some SERIOUS stimulation.
Unread 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
tuglife
2004 WJ 

So when and where is the next meeting? Live in Baltimore but grew up in Perry County 20 min south of Shamokin/Selinsgrove/Sunbury area. My folks are still there and I visit often. An offroad park would be amazing. So much empty woods and unused land around there plus all the 4x4 and ATV owners I'm shocked it even needed discussion. Selinsgrove Speedway dirt track can be seen and heard for 5 miles in every direction on a Friday night but a few guys in the woods is a problem? Hope I can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
LimeLite
1978 CJ5 

http://www.ohv.norrycopa.net/index.htm
june 23rd, shamokin high school
Unread 03-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
that they'll have to pay to wheel "their own land". the freakin derelicts think cuz they pay taxes, they own it.

if thats the case, i GOTTA own more than this crummy 2/3 of an acre by now with all the taxes ive paid since 16yrs old.

if u ever been in that area, then u know it needs some SERIOUS stimulation.
Wow. I would have thought it would be noise, or environmental impact or something "normal". That they would have to pay too just takes the cake.

Sounds like some people want it both ways. They can either open it up to everyone and pay to play like everyone else, or keep those private little honey holes for wheeling all to themselves and remain "unstimulted".

It's a shame some people don't understand what a compromise really is.

EDIT:
So, did no one think that maybe a discount for anyone from a certain set of zip codes could solve this problem?
Unread 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

the ppl who DONT use the land for garbage dumping and drunken quad riding now are the ones using environment issues and noise for their non-supportive opinions.

the ppl who DO use the land for these purposes are using "its their land" excuses.

the really retarded part of it all is ppl who want it to be an ohv park (such as myself) are willing to come in and clean up the trash and use it for good things. most of the ppl who live around it are against it, cuz they cant continue to abuse it. or they dont want an influx of strangers parading around town. some of their opinions are valid, most are not. almost like they want their neck of the woods to be a landfill. and trust me, its gettin close to 1.

im ready to clean it up and cut trails.
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
LimeLite
1978 CJ5 

there's a pretty good set of trails already existing to start with, but if you care at all about the environment, it's not a pretty sight. Tho with some volunteer work it could be.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.