offroad camping??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > offroad camping???

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
heepinforChrist
1996 XJ Cherokee 

offroad camping???

lookin for a park/trail/land area etc, that i can drive around on trails and just camp along a trail(well off the road obviously) kinda like backcountry camping but instead of hiking there i drive to the campsite. lookin pretty much to find somewhere in the middle of the woods/desert/nowhere to be able to wheel around but set up camp if i wanna. any ideas, suggestions, complaints, compliments? i am willing to drive a bit even out of state. just not like.... Nevada not yet anyway

heepinforChrist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
troys96xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Go to Jeepskool.com.I go there all the time and camp.You can fish and hike too.They have hot showers also.Over 1500 acres to wheel.
troys96xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

George Washington National forest in VA is like that but it's a bit of a haul to get there.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Jeepskool open every weekend?
ujehed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujehed View Post
Jeepskool open every weekend?
No, first FULL weekend of each month.

You can also camp in Green Ridge State Forest.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i just came back from a week of wheeling and offroading in pa we traveled all over some places you would just drive threw trails to get to camp sites....hickory run state park we were at and several others....
Unread 08-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
heepinforChrist
1996 XJ Cherokee 

awesome what were some of the others any pics?
also i was checkin out hickory run web site, didnt see anything about muddin, 4 wheelin, OHV trails. unless you call driving the 500 ft hard packed gravel or even dirt road to the modern campsite offroading wat did you do there, how much? where?
heepinforChrist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

well gravel road mostly for hickory run...i think camping was 25 a nite....we went to centralia pa also which was pretty cool....wheeled that actually and also rausch creek as well...that was fun....i got pictures just got to use laptop to post em.....centralia was a good offroad spot....only legal place i know of as offroad park was rc....also wharton state forest in the pines of nj are really good....just be careful on what you do there because tree huggers giving us bad name and so is the people wheeling in wrong areas and rutting the place out and creating havic for others....i camp there wheel and do other stuff there as well....coming up in oct is 9 annual clean up day there....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.