Official New Jersey/ PA thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Official New Jersey/ PA thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #91
MuckSavage
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I may be out n about Sunday. Doing a little wheeling & geocaching.

'81 CJ7; 258, T5, 3:73, locked F & R, Superwinch S9000, a Rusty mess.

'96 XJ Classic. Detours Backbone, Superwinch S9000,
Rusty's 2" BB, 31" General Grabber AT2's, Rusty's BPE, rear Power Trax No-Slip.

Just geocaching thru the Jersey Pines.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #92
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

There will be three of us. 2 4 door jk's and a yj. Playing in the mud a bit. Swing by if you know where the big mud pits are
Unread 12-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #93
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ View Post
We conclude us where are these places?
Up here in North Jersey
Legal- no issues
One place that is a lot of fun to go to, and very scenic is Stokes State Forrest/Walpack Center. Theres a trail (dirt road) that goes past a nice waterfall, Buttermilk Falls. There's LOTS of trails through there, woods, rocks, some mud, etc. The more used trail is good enough that you could get through in a normal car. The rest of the trails there are closed after dark and definately need a Jeep (or off-road vehicle). Definately some good picture oppertunities there.

Another place that I go to in Hackettstown is Buck Hill Road. Dont let the name fool you though, it's not a road in the normal sense. It's a dirt road that turns into some pretty good trails and rocks and shiz.

another place is in Stillwater, NJ. It's a paved road that turns into dirt and some mud bogs.
__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__

Legal with permission

The other places that I go to are private property but I have permission to be there and whoever I bring can go too.

One place is in the Village of Deleware in Jersey, another place is in Independence near Hackettstown
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #94
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

We got about 9 inches of snow here in Warren County, but I can't go out and play in it with the Jeep cause I need to replace the water pump.
Although, we did get to go out and have some fun in my wife's Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I gotta say, that car is really good in the snow.
Unread 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #95
RingRingRing
1998 ZJ 

Hey everyone,
Im Austin from Philadelphia.
I have a 98 ZJ, mostly stock for now, have a arb bumper and 2'' BB that are not installed yet. Thinking about going to a 3.5'' lift.
Hope to wheel with some of you guys sometime... I have had my jeep for a year now and have never engaged the 4 wheel low
RingRingRing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #96
DothanJeep
1997 ZJ 

George

2000 WJ

FORMALLY From Nazareth Pa, Lived there 17 years Miss it Everyday...Want to Move back!
01'WJ Project Cheap fix.
DothanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #97
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, made it safely back from the Barrens trip yesterday and outside of a 2wd ford
F150 that had no place being there we had a great time. Lots of mud and deep water which proved more challenging than a couple of weeks ago. What once were 20 inch deep puddles were now rivers. Have never seen the Barrens that flodded before. Managed to not get stuck, my buddy in his 4 door Rubi(mine-not rubi) got stuck twice and I pulled him out. He was just willing to try much deeper water than I was with my open intake system. Ended up with 8 inches of water in his Jeep and it would not start this morning but I imagine the frigid temps today had something to do with that. Other wise----good times. Anytime folks want to go let me know a week or two in advance and there are 3 of us at the office that wheel so we are game.
Unread 12-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #98
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon2 View Post
I know about Wharton and Rausch Creek. Where can I go when I just feel like going out for 1-2 hours. I live in Pottstown, PA.

I know where this question leads, and I am ok with that. I just cant go on 1-1/2 hour drive whenever I want, but I am going stir crazy.
Unfortunately there just aren't any places locally to play that are legal (that I've found yet) ... I've been looking for the same kind of thing since both Rausch and the Pine Barrens are the closest legal wheeling and you really need to plan the day around those trips. I'd love to find play area within 30 minutes from home to so satisfy the urge to get dirty without having to book an entire day.

Anyway... I do have a small group planning on going to the Pine Barrens this Sunday morning 12/28 if you want to join us. I'll be leaving the Pottstown area around 7ish. PM me if interested !!!
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #99
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh ... and as the thread suggested ...

Howie
Pottstown, PA
'07 JK Rubicon - 4 door
2.5" Teraflex coil lift
33" BFG KM2's on AEV Pintler wheels

2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #100
Felonious_monk
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
We got about 9 inches of snow here in Warren County, but I can't go out and play in it with the Jeep cause I need to replace the water pump.
Although, we did get to go out and have some fun in my wife's Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I gotta say, that car is really good in the snow.
I know who you are. HAHAHA

Are your initials R.S.??

Those places you mention are definitely legal. They are abandoned roads. I know them well. Just don't trash them, and we won't have any trouble.

My jeep is almost ready to go. Just a little more tuning, and I'm game to go out.

Send me a PM.....you know me. You eat where I work.
Felonious_monk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #101
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious_monk View Post
I know who you are. HAHAHA

Are your initials R.S.??

Those places you mention are definitely legal. They are abandoned roads. I know them well. Just don't trash them, and we won't have any trouble.

My jeep is almost ready to go. Just a little more tuning, and I'm game to go out.

Send me a PM.....you know me. You eat where I work.
Yes those are my initials. you got me confused as hell. and kinda freaked out...lol.
My Jeep is ready to roll again...had it out for a test run today and was good to go. had a little race with a lifted chevy 1500. anyway, i'll pm you
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #102
NJSPEEDER
1993 ZJ 

Hello from Trenton

Where in Warren County are these roads you are talking about?
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #103
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Hello from Trenton

Where in Warren County are these roads you are talking about?
as my one previous post stated, there's a few places throughout Warren county. Buck Hill in Hackettstown, Partridge Road (spelling?) in Stillwater, Mountain Rd-Brink Rd-Shay Rd-and a few others in Walpack. They are all on Google Maps

We are finally gettin some good snow here in Nortwest Jersey. At my house there's about 4 inches so far. Had some fun drivin around earlier today, just wish I had some chains or tow strap cause there were some people that could have used my help gettin pulled out. Looks like I need to invest in some
Unread 01-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #104
T3hRustyWalnut
1979 CJ7 

Jim

1979 CJ7

Catsauqua, PA

(Right next to Lehigh Valley International Airport)
T3hRustyWalnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #105
patricknolan
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I believe people are going on a wharton trip this sunday the 18th. Check the " is anyone interested in ... ? " thread
patricknolan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.