Official New Jersey/ PA thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Official New Jersey/ PA thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 12-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #76
patricknolan
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cinnaminson NJ, south / central. Right over betsy ross.

Tj 2.5 L on 33 inch super swampers.

Looking to go mudding / trails at wharton i believe the 12th? I think its a saturday ( december ) PM for details.

patricknolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #77
Thumperyz250f
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricknolan View Post
cinnaminson NJ, south / central.
*cough* SOUTH *cough*
-8.8 Lock-Right, HP30 Open, 4.56-
-35x12.5 KM2's, MT Spe. Edi. black-
-Superwinch LP8500, BTF Grill Hoop-
Thumperyz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #78
jerseyjeep01
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'd have to say Cinnaminson is considered south.

The New Build:
2010 2dr JK 6 speed...
jerseyjeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #79
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, didn't realize that there were so many people from North Jersey on here..... also from East Hanover, NJ.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs

Last edited by XJ2000; 12-17-2008 at 07:27 AM..
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #80
EricF07
2004 WJ 

Sussex NJ here
EricF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #81
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

im findin more and more places around the area to wheel. In the last few days a friend and I hit 2 new places. Nothin too great, but better than nothin
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #82
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
im findin more and more places around the area to wheel. In the last few days a friend and I hit 2 new places. Nothin too great, but better than nothin
Please be careful, these places are most likely illegal, and only make it harder for us as offroader to get land and/or gain the respect of people who think that all we do is tear up land. If you guys want to wheel, join a club. There are several in our state/area that wheel often (North Jersey Jeep Club (NJJC), New Jersey Jeep Association (NJJA), Blue Mountain (BMJA), etc).

These clubs are all working hard to gain access to land throughout the state in legal ways, and anytime people get caught wheeling illegally it makes it that much harder for the clubs to make progress.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Unread 12-18-2008, 05:55 AM   #83
POS_Mavrik
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Tom here - Jamesburg, NJ - I guess I'm a Central/Southerner, since Jamesburg is still in Middlesex Co.
I have a 1987 2-door XJ Pioneer. Its got half a lift on it, 3.5" Rough Country to be exact, just got lazy putting the AAL's in the rear. More like lack of experience and don't want to mess it up. Its also got some engine issues I'm trying to figure out.
Once the lift is done, I'll have 32's under it as well.
I'm also a member of POS Offroading www.freewebs.com/posooffroading
POS_Mavrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2008, 05:59 AM   #84
POS_Mavrik
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Tom from Jamesburg, NJ.
I have a 1987 2 door XJ Pioneer. Its got half of a 3.5" Rough Country lift on it, front half is done, AAL's are left to do. Got some engine issues, but I'm working on it.
I've never been wheeling, well actually I've got shot gun to Paragon and to Rausch Creek with POS Offroading.
If anyone has some tips and tricks with AAL's, please let me know, I've never done a lift before.
Thanks,
Tom
POS_Mavrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #85
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassc612 View Post
Please be careful, these places are most likely illegal, and only make it harder for us as offroader to get land and/or gain the respect of people who think that all we do is tear up land. If you guys want to wheel, join a club. There are several in our state/area that wheel often (North Jersey Jeep Club (NJJC), New Jersey Jeep Association (NJJA), Blue Mountain (BMJA), etc).

These clubs are all working hard to gain access to land throughout the state in legal ways, and anytime people get caught wheeling illegally it makes it that much harder for the clubs to make progress.
I'm sick of hearin people say join a club if you want to wheel. If I wanted to join a club, I would have. The places that I go have been used for a long time for those purposes and no one has EVER had a problem.
Thanks for your "concern" though
Unread 12-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #86
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm sick of hearing people say join a club if you want to wheel. If I wanted to join a club, I would have. The places that I go have been used for a long time for those purposes and no one has EVER had a problem.
Thanks for your "concern" though
They may be used but still may be illegal.
I guess you have no concern.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #87
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

no, actually most of the places I go ARE legal. they are posted trails. Granted there are a few places that I've gone to that I'm not too sure about, but those places were a one time deal. So before you go jumping to conclusions why dont you find out first. the 3 or 4 places that I frequent are legal to go to.
Unread 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #88
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
no, actually most of the places I go ARE legal. they are posted trails. Granted there are a few places that I've gone to that I'm not too sure about, but those places were a one time deal. So before you go jumping to conclusions why dont you find out first. the 3 or 4 places that I frequent are legal to go to.
It's not jumping to conclusions when you know that most places (keyword: most) in Jersey are illegal. Yes there are places down south that are open to wheeling, but they are limited in number.

I'm not asking you to joing a club, just asking that you don't screw it up for the rest of us. Don't join a club if it's not your thing, but at least wheel places that you know for a fact are legal wheeling spots - if there are none, then do what most of us do and go to places that are legal. If you only knew how much work people have and are doing to get us land in Jersey then you'd be sorry that you wheel illegally. It's not a luxury we have in this state to just jump on any piece of land we see and wheel.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I'm not apologizing for looking out for the better-ment of our sport. It's reasons like this that cause people to wonder why we're losing land in Moab, Tellico, Paragon... just to name a few. Poor respect for our sport hurts us.

Unread 12-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #89
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We conclude us where are these places?
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #90
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Ok, well, anyone going out on Sunday to the Barrens?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.