North eastern pennsylvania - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > North eastern pennsylvania

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by v30mongo View Post
Just for your information the only LEGAL place where you can drive off road is Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Everywere else you are TRESSPPASSING. Ask a cop or a lawyer. Just because it is not posted doen not mean it is legal to trespass in Pa. You still can be fined. If you are caught in the same place a second time it is defiant tresspassing, and a much larger fine. Like it ,dont like it, thats the way it is here in good old NEPA.
I guess your right. But some places are way more lenient.

Unread 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
v30mongo

If it is not raining cats and dogs going to do some off-roadin Sunday. Gona stop at the Turkey Hill on the south side of Nanticoke for something cool to drink to take with me. About 1PM. You will know the 4x4 when you see it. You can follow me in. Going up the power line and maybe over to "bareass". Oh, by the way, been going there since I bought my 73 CJ5 from Tylendia Motors in Scranton, new. Tells you how old of a fart I am.
v30mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #18
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If it is not raining cats and dogs going to do some off-roadin Sunday. Gona stop at the Turkey Hill on the south side of Nanticoke for something cool to drink to take with me. About 1PM. You will know the 4x4 when you see it. You can follow me in. Going up the power line and maybe over to "bareass". Oh, by the way, been going there since I bought my 73 CJ5 from Tylendia Motors in Scranton, new. Tells you how old of a fart I am.
Is it just you headed up there? And you mean tomorrow right?
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
v30mongo

You never know who you will meet up in the strippins. Usually some locals I know and sometimes the boys from the Bloomsburg club come up. It's just a place to get away from the everday bull. The weather guy say it is not going to rain so------
v30mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #20
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ah yes the great debate of people NOT from PA talking about wheeling in PA... There are 3 choices in PA: go drive in your redneck friend's backyard if his parents allow it, wheel in "illegal" deserted locations, or pay up your butt to go to a park far away.....

I am not in support of illegal wheeling, however I do get aggravated sometimes because in other states there are a lot of places to wheel and it is ok, but here in PA EVERYTHING IS PRIVATE PROPERTY, including large abandoned woods and trails. I have done it in 1 location, and although it is technically an illegal spot I met a guy fishing there who runs with the township board and said go for it no one cares.

So here is how I prefer to ask to wheel with you dudes: Is there anywhere LEGAL that we can go wheeling? Or someone who will let us use their property? Otherwise where ELSE is good that no one will care about?

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #21
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Where did you wheel at when the guy told you go for it?
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

out near Kutztown

Unread 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
NEastUnlmtd
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Go Mongo don't stop now. If you werent an hour away I might be there. Might be best to get a JK with air though--at your age and all, just sayin.
NEastUnlmtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
R-code17815

NEPA in the house!!!!

Going wheelin' in Hazelton 10/16!
R-code17815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #25
BlakJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4umckr View Post
It's hard to ruin wheelin.
BlakJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #26
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEEOLEJEEPER View Post
Knows it
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #27
bsutton
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
ah yes the great debate of people NOT from PA talking about wheeling in PA... There are 3 choices in PA: go drive in your redneck friend's backyard if his parents allow it, wheel in "illegal" deserted locations, or pay up your butt to go to a park far away.....

I am not in support of illegal wheeling, however I do get aggravated sometimes because in other states there are a lot of places to wheel and it is ok, but here in PA EVERYTHING IS PRIVATE PROPERTY, including large abandoned woods and trails. I have done it in 1 location, and although it is technically an illegal spot I met a guy fishing there who runs with the township board and said go for it no one cares.

So here is how I prefer to ask to wheel with you dudes: Is there anywhere LEGAL that we can go wheeling? Or someone who will let us use their property? Otherwise where ELSE is good that no one will care about?

sorry dude, i may not live there now, but i grew up in Luzerne County. Take the time and put the effort in to wheel in LEGAL places.- Tread Lightly...
Join a club, and find some land where you have permission- have work days and develop relationships with landowners...

off the soapbox....
brian
bsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #28
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Where its not that easy
Unread 11-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #29
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsutton View Post
sorry dude, i may not live there now, but i grew up in Luzerne County. Take the time and put the effort in to wheel in LEGAL places.- Tread Lightly...
Join a club, and find some land where you have permission- have work days and develop relationships with landowners...

off the soapbox....
brian
yea im all for that and i already tried that with land owners. they never get back to me. no one wants it. its becoming as regulated as city skateboarding......... and yes, I've done that too lol

Unread 11-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #30
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Agreee

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.