New WJ owner in Pittsburgh, YEAH!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New WJ owner in Pittsburgh, YEAH!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
WhoGotDaKeys
2002 WJ 

New WJ owner in Pittsburgh, YEAH!!!!!

Hiya all,
Just bought my first Jeep back in May, it is an Inferno Red 2002 JGC Overland 4.7 HO V8, completely loaded with painted rock rails, also K&N cai. I am currently at 150K, and the truck is super clean for it's age. The blend doors were repaired by the first owner, this person owned a car dealerships and this truck was used by the father to drive between dealerships. Well maintained and just has some of the usual WJ things to address i.e. front hub bearings, blower motor wiring, just replaced starter, power steering hose leak, and minor rust spots. Other then that it's a solid truck.
If I can figure out how to put in a pic I will lol...
I am really looking for some places to wheel near Pittsburgh, I live East of the city. Anyhoo, just saying hello and BEEP! BEEP!
I have definately been bitten by the Jeep bug, and have a few things I wanna do to my truck... love turning wrenches!
Laterz,
Deanna

WhoGotDaKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
TOW_HOOK
1957 CJ3B 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoGotDaKeys View Post
Hiya all,
Just bought my first Jeep back in May, it is an Inferno Red 2002 JGC Overland 4.7 HO V8, completely loaded with painted rock rails, also K&N cai. I am currently at 150K, and the truck is super clean for it's age. The blend doors were repaired by the first owner, this person owned a car dealerships and this truck was used by the father to drive between dealerships. Well maintained and just has some of the usual WJ things to address i.e. front hub bearings, blower motor wiring, just replaced starter, power steering hose leak, and minor rust spots. Other then that it's a solid truck.
If I can figure out how to put in a pic I will lol...
I am really looking for some places to wheel near Pittsburgh, I live East of the city. Anyhoo, just saying hello and BEEP! BEEP!
I have definately been bitten by the Jeep bug, and have a few things I wanna do to my truck... love turning wrenches!
Laterz,
Deanna
rock run is having a toys for tots ride nov 4th, it's about an hour and a half from you.. see ya there i've been throught most of what you have, it's now a h.o. model. you don't find to many in good shape these days

Unread 10-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

u have the chrome rims on it? were you switching them out if they are in good shape?
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
WhoGotDaKeys
2002 WJ 

My chrome is starting to flake off, they still look great until you get down and look at them. I plan on using the 17" rogues for knobbys and I am getting SRT-8 replicas for driving around town. I already scored the tires to go with the 20s lol... plan on doing a 3" lift soon after I do the front hub bearings. You here that Santa? heh heh heh
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ive got an 03 Overland, same issues with wheels, look great from about 5 feet and beyond but really starting to flake near centercap, cant see spending 300 or more for each new one. I was hoping to get a hold of yours! Did u get a good deal on yours, Ive got about 78000 miles on mine
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
WhoGotDaKeys
2002 WJ 

I got mine for 5000 cash on Craigslist. It had about 144k on it when i got it, it just turned 150k a few weeks ago and that included a road trip to South Florida. The rogues are sweet wheels. I like the rounded spoke parts because they shine from all angles. OOOooooo are there any good places to ride up your way! I love taking my family to the Laurel Highlands.
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
TOW_HOOK
1957 CJ3B 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydominick View Post
u have the chrome rims on it? were you switching them out if they are in good shape?
she has 17" jk rubi wheels on it now. the old rims are for winter only, and soon they will go away. they are pitted, and loose to much air.
Unread 11-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
IBreakStuff
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum and the jeep bug ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoGotDaKeys View Post
OOOooooo are there any good places to ride up your way! I love taking my family to the Laurel Highlands.
I try to get to the mountains whenever i can, there a lot of nice fire roads,covered bridges,and scenic locations all around the 7springs,hidden valley,ohio pyle area.im sure most are covered with snow now but any get away is a good get away. If you get up that way im sure we'll definitly pass each other

Enjoy
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
soupy688
2002 WJ 

Hey TOW HOOK what suspension are you running? you got some pretty decent flex. I like it. and WHOGOTDAKEYS welcome to the addiction. Here are a few of mine. The last 2 are of how it looks now.
jeep2-042.jpg   jeep2-046.jpg   jeep2-048.jpg   matts-iphone-371.jpg   matts-iphone-370.jpg  

2002 Overland. Rough country Long arm kit with BB on top. Bilstein 5100 front 5125 rears Pro Comp RockCrawler Wheels, 315/75/16 Duratracs. Overland Sliders bedlined, Halfed Bumper painted black with 100w fog lights, HID's. Rola roof rack. Hitch mounted spare tire carrier under construction.
soupy688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

SOupy are you coming to rock run?

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
soupy688
2002 WJ 

I'm goin to try. We had some trees fall on our property from the storm I Gatta cut up and stack if I get that done ill try to make it. Rocks scare me haha. I just put a new oil pan in the jeep and want to fab a oil pan skid before I do anything crazy. Hey CHAMP. Message me your FB name
2002 Overland. Rough country Long arm kit with BB on top. Bilstein 5100 front 5125 rears Pro Comp RockCrawler Wheels, 315/75/16 Duratracs. Overland Sliders bedlined, Halfed Bumper painted black with 100w fog lights, HID's. Rola roof rack. Hitch mounted spare tire carrier under construction.
soupy688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
3JsWJ
2003 WJ 

Welcome WhoGotDaKeys!

Looks like we actually have some WJs in the Pittsburgh area! Guess this thread is hijacked into a PGH WJ thread. Sorry OP.imag0411.jpg
imag0414.jpg
*That's just my son playing around, not driving!
Unread 11-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
TOW_HOOK
1957 CJ3B 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JsWJ View Post
Welcome WhoGotDaKeys!

Looks like we actually have some WJs in the Pittsburgh area! Guess this thread is hijacked into a PGH WJ thread. Sorry OP.Attachment 500490
Attachment 500491
*That's just my son playing around, not driving!
looks nice, who's front bumper is that ?
Unread 11-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #14
TOW_HOOK
1957 CJ3B 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupy688 View Post
Hey TOW HOOK what suspension are you running? you got some pretty decent flex. I like it. and WHOGOTDAKEYS welcome to the addiction. Here are a few of mine. The last 2 are of how it looks now.
it's a tera 1.5 puck, with old man emu hd coils, so that nets me about 5.0total, we ramped on my clubs rti ramp then ordered shocks. it's a done a lite black or two. lol now for the flares, and fender trimming come spring, the 285' 70-17 bfgs will be for sale soon the winter tires will go on soon.
Unread 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
funkyZJ
1998 ZJ 

So I'm working in Butler. Just sold my F250 and buying a WJ. I don't plan on titling or tagginng in PA. Do I have to have a notary to get the title? The laws here confuse me.
funkyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.