New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #106
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

true that

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #107
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm just a newbie but until people start documenting and coming up with specific cases as to who in thread is "ruining" it, I'd say there's no use getting you're panties in a knot. Some of the locals were chatting it up with us last time I went...and there were about 6 of us sitting there...plus I keep hearing people say that the locals are ok as long as we maintain a civilized event. I don't understand why, all of the sudden, everyone is "ruining" it....but I like to argue so don't mind me

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #108
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
Calling the lady a nutsack is the kinds of things that are gonna ruin it for everybody. Grow up
Well, to me a nutsack is someone who runs out of their house yelling "Get the F#$% out of here". Maybe it's different in PA, but people that do that kind of thing in urban areas tend to get shot and stuff. I also think that if she or anyone else is putting nail laden 2x4s in the mud holes, then they are nut sacks as well. You will never be able to reason with people like that. But if it makes everyone feel better, I will go back to the description I first read about her. The mean lady.

I would also like to point out that I have gone on record here in this forum saying that if people are going to go to trails, try to break into smaller groups, and definately drive slowly and carefully when entering past the houses. I would do anything possible to avoid a confrontation with a local, but the multitude of warning signs is rediculous, and now reports of booby trapped mud pits now moves this into shear manic OCD on someones part.

I would also agree that the one time that we had a lot of vehicles down Trails Rd, it was rather crowded. Thats another reason to keep it to smaller groups. You just plain run out of room down at the clearing.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #109
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerAngel05 View Post
....but I like to argue so don't mind me
I kinda figured you for a militant.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #110
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos

I kinda figured you for a militant.
Is it that noticable? I guess it is always the ones that SEEM quiet...

Lol! Nah I'm chill....I think...

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #111
Kurek9
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison
Calling the lady a nutsack is the kinds of things that are gonna ruin it for everybody. Grow up
I agree, that lady has every right to get mad at 15 jeeps driving down her driveway Every weekend, I live a mile down the road of the trail so I don't it shut down. If you are trying to go down try not to announce it to the whole forum. Send PM's because if it gets announced everyone comes

This is no offroad park, it's a local family trail for alot of people
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #112
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurek9

I agree, that lady has every right to get mad at 15 jeeps driving down her driveway Every weekend, I live a mile down the road of the trail so I don't it shut down. If you are trying to go down try not to announce it to the whole forum. Send PM's because if it gets announced everyone comes

Agreed. Send pm's or maybe exchange phone numbers
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #113
akordboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerAngel05 View Post
Is it that noticable? I guess it is always the ones that SEEM quiet...

Lol! Nah I'm chill....I think...
Def gotta watch out for the ones tha SEEM quiet and the ones that are.....
akordboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #114
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurek9

Yeah, think we're tracking. If I got upset for every vehicle that drove down the street at my driveway I'd be constantly pi$$ed.

Didnt you say that you talked with some of the people there? Any chance of improving relations? Some kind of agreement?
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #115
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Think about it, these people moved there so there wouldn't constantly be people driving past their houses...
Unread 04-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #116
akordboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison
Think about it, these people moved there so there wouldn't constantly be people driving past their houses...
Do you live down there man? Just askin

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-14-2011, 04:14 AM   #117
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Nope I live around Dallastown
Unread 04-14-2011, 04:53 AM   #118
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
That just it. People do think and are concerned about keeping peace with the landowners while still being able to access it. And yet again, that is in part why this thread should be here - to let people know the do's and don'ts.

I don't think anyone here is disputing that it makes sense that it's not a trail ride and that they don't want to see 15 Jeeps roll thru. But also, so many people go down that road, personally, I think it would be better for the Jeepers and others to know they need to respect the landowners by sticking to the (Trails) road, going SLOW past peoples homes, to tread lightly, not tear hell out of things or even think about going on Private Property. We shouldn't have an 'us against them mentality' even if some people there do. If people read this and spread the word, maybe it will sink in that if they don't respect what they have, it's going to be taken away. This includes any place that is still free and public to offroad. E.G., GWNF. They've closed a lot of trails down there because people don't stick to the trails or they haven't mastered the whole brain-right foot disconnect thing that happens when their tires hit the dirt.

It's kind of ironic that you started the original thread to set up a ride through Trails years ago, but then delete it later because you feel people abuse it and now you want to tell people not to use it at all or even talk about it. You're starting to sound like the mean lady. Just sayin'. Wheelers outside your little box know about Trails Rd and with or without anyone's consent will more than likely use it. Would it not be better to spread the word just to take it easy and learn to just have some respect to the people that live there and the road itself?
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #119
akordboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^^agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #120
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

so does anyone know how to regear?
APEDZ04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.