New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #766
r34civic
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulltabmike View Post
A buddy and I are heading up for the first time Sunday, will be there around 10AM. I'll be in a Green ZJ, he has a white one.
Mike
lol hey thats mike^ didnt know you had a jf account lol, well, see you in the morning bright and early!

r34civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #767
rightjab
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm hoping to be there around 1.
rightjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #768
ScottD16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

tomorrow trying to head up but all depends on my friend
ScottD16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #769
rightjab
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hit the trails today and ran into some residents going in, then some locals at the bottom of the west entrance....

I came in east and left east, there was no way I was going out the west side with my wife...

I accidentally came in the east entrance on the private road, so got some funny looks from said resident. The guy was pretty cool about it though. He did say he was pretty frustrated with people driving in the stream ( not crossing, actually driving up the stream) and causing problems. Mentioned wanting to put up a gate. The local I met up with said it was a public road (which is what I thought).

Looks like some people are giving everyone a bad name. Shame too because I want to go back, it is such a nice area...
rightjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #770
pulltabmike
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightjab View Post
Hit the trails today and ran into some residents going in, then some locals at the bottom of the west entrance....

I came in east and left east, there was no way I was going out the west side with my wife...

I accidentally came in the east entrance on the private road, so got some funny looks from said resident. The guy was pretty cool about it though. He did say he was pretty frustrated with people driving in the stream ( not crossing, actually driving up the stream) and causing problems. Mentioned wanting to put up a gate. The local I met up with said it was a public road (which is what I thought).

Looks like some people are giving everyone a bad name. Shame too because I want to go back, it is such a nice area...
We entered on the West side, left the East side this morning. It was my first time there, and we thought we were leaving the wrong way with all of the private property signs. We ran into 1/2 dozen locals on ATV's on the East side, they got a kick out of us. According to the locals, and GPS we were on Trails Rd. the whole time.
That is one tough road though

Mike
pulltabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #771
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking GC.

I just try to be nice to anyone I run into when I am down there. Always end up cleaning up after people, too.
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #772
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

LOL, non of the roads up there are private.
The home owners do like to put up signs and what not.
Hell at one point around 96 the last house on the left used to put up a gate and lock it.
A quick phone call to the PA officials stopped that.

I went back around 3 pm or so in the west and out the east.
A couple locals where shooting rifles at the top of the east side down into the stream below.
Funny how nerve racking a gun shot can be when you focused on driving and not expecting the boom.
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #773
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know it's early, so I'll def post closer to the date...but... A jeep friend and I plan to head to Trails Oct 2. (A Sunday) Whoever would like to plan to join is welcome.

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #774
pulltabmike
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
Nice looking GC.

I just try to be nice to anyone I run into when I am down there. Always end up cleaning up after people, too.
Thanks. Was pretty clean when we were up there, nice that someone put trash cans around the place. Shame some people don't know how to use them though.
Mike
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #775
pulltabmike
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStephens2 View Post
LOL, non of the roads up there are private.
The home owners do like to put up signs and what not.
Hell at one point around 96 the last house on the left used to put up a gate and lock it.
A quick phone call to the PA officials stopped that.

I went back around 3 pm or so in the west and out the east.
A couple locals where shooting rifles at the top of the east side down into the stream below.
Funny how nerve racking a gun shot can be when you focused on driving and not expecting the boom.
That is what I thought. I kept checking the GPS and as long as Trails Rd was showing, I kept going
Mike
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #776
alextremetj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerAngel05 View Post
I know it's early, so I'll def post closer to the date...but... A jeep friend and I plan to head to Trails Oct 2. (A Sunday) Whoever would like to plan to join is welcome.
Hopefully the weather holds out and we get a decent turn out!
alextremetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #777
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextremetj

Hopefully the weather holds out and we get a decent turn out!
x 2 !!

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #778
heepinforChrist
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerAngel05 View Post
might just have to drop in on ya
heepinforChrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #779
Showtime3492
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys i dont mean to start a panic but has anyone heard anything about peoples rigs getting impounded for being down at trails rd lately I have a buddy who said he wouldt go anymore cuz he heard (probably not a reliable source) they were shutting it down. I don't know if there is any truth to this at all.

2000 XJ--- 4.6 stroker. Saved from the grave- everything swapped or modded. I hate this thing :)
Showtime3492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #780
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime3492 View Post
Hey guys i dont mean to start a panic but has anyone heard anything about peoples rigs getting impounded for being down at trails rd lately I have a buddy who said he wouldt go anymore cuz he heard (probably not a reliable source) they were shutting it down. I don't know if there is any truth to this at all.
Is that just like the 2x4's with nails?

Wounder what they are driving down there to pop people or are they waiting at the top in which case i'll just hide behind a rock and wait till shift change to some out and unless your driving an unregistered automobile i see no reason to impound anyones ****
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.