New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #46
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
Depends on what you expect from it and what you're running. It's no Rausch Creek or Crozet. It's nothing hardcore, but if you have something stock or mild, it's a hoot to play around on.
Very well put.

clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #47
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

indeed it's what you make it. There are all levels of things to play on. You can challenge yourself and your rig, or you can take it easy...your choice. Plenty of decent obstacles to face and make a afternoon of. I think it's definitely worth the drive if you're with a group.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #48
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. I'd like to check it out sometime this summer. My only requirement is that I don't break anything important so I can drive home.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #49
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's pretty much a requirement for any of us driving up from MD.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #50
jfiedler
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos
That's pretty much a requirement for any of us driving up from MD.
Trrruuuuuuuuuuee

It would be no fun getting a tow all the way back :
jfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #51
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

not that hard....my buddies trans went so his buddy who has a JK Rubi pulled him to the super rutters so he could get trans fluid to limp back home.
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #52
Kurek9
1998 XJ Cherokee 

here are a few videos of the trails, we had about 15 jeeps down this day. I posted the first 2 on the old thread and i just up loaded the 2 west trails videos of me and my brother, no one else wanted to go up west trails with us, there is an easy way to go up west trails and theirs a hard way you just have to pick the right line.

trails rd 3/20/11

part 2

Yj West trails

xj west trails
Kurek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #53
secondrecon22xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
Ah, I think he got the sh!ts of people posting stuff about going down there to 'get muddy' or whatever. He just doesnt want the place to get closed. I can respect that. Too many places getting shut down because they are abused.

Anyway, think there's a good group of people on this thread. I know SecondRecon and his crew spent a day cleaning trees off the trail.

Thanks for remembering....All the hardwork payed off for a great day at the trails!
secondrecon22xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #54
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, thanks for posting those up again. Thought they were gone for good.

For the record, that red Rubicon in the 2nd and maybe more video is mine. No lift, and is actually sitting a little low due to the weight of the bumpers.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #55
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

In "yj west trails," does someone say "that guy in the house is watching" at about 1:33? Sounds creepy
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #56
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, Southern York County. That's nothin'. You should be surprised that the person didn't say something along the lines of, 'that guy is standing in his patio door naked, or 'Hey, is that a Mossberg Camper Special in that lady's hands or a broom?'

Trails Road borders some houses, so the people watch to make sure the guys (n gals) running Trails Rd. aren't doing anything stupid.... and to watch them break their *****. The last time I was down, four people rode down on a quad (yes, one quad) to see us play around at the bottom . They seemed to be nice. I have yet to run into the mean lady, but I hear it's a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
In "yj west trails," does someone say "that guy in the house is watching" at about 1:33? Sounds creepy
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:59 AM   #57
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87
I'll have to watch the video then to see, but when I was there, we swore someone was in the window of the one house that sits up on the bank. We then realized after staring at it repeatitively that it was a manican in the window. And I have no clue whether I spelled that right Was kinda weird...

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #58
jfiedler
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Who's going tomorrow? I wouldn't mind making a day trip
jfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #59
blackouttj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I want to go but I messed up my knee so no four wheeling in forward or reverse for me
blackouttj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #60
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So u didn't go with ajamison to RC?
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.