New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #196
Showtime3492
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
Buying a house on a roadway, one expects to experience road noise. When someone buys a house in the middle of the woods, they probably picked that location on purpose. People also tend to "hang out" on OHV trails more than a regular road. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people that live near Trails Road didn't know about it when they bought their houses. Plus, it would be a lot easier to shut down Trails Road than an actual road that serves a purpose aside from recreation.
Well i can definetly see that side of the story as well but its really not much different in my opinion just becasue in urban areas people hang out and even in rural areas people hang out I believe that the only thing that could be grounds for any kind of action against the use of trails rd is if people go down there and act like dumb asses. People are always the uncontrolable variable but that is anywhere you go. The way i see it is that the only thing that will shut it down is if somethin "bad" happens due to people being retarded. Just my

Showtime3492 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #197
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Someone should make a separate thread titled "Trails Road Bylaws" in which someone can establish rules and then we can argue about them.

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #198
blackouttj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerAngel05 View Post
Someone should make a separate thread titled "Trails Road Bylaws" in which someone can establish rules and then we can argue about them.
Agreed. I need to get back up there and do some wheeling and camping. I'm almost to the point where I can get back in my Jeep again
blackouttj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #199
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackouttj

Agreed. I need to get back up there and do some wheeling and camping. I'm almost to the point where I can get back in my Jeep again
I wouldn't camp there......just saying
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 05:11 AM   #200
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm still gonna find out from one of my FBI buddies about the whole 2x4 with nails in the wood thing. With that being Gov. property and that person tampering with it. That person can get into a lot of trouble.
1990 YJ- 4.2L IL6, 5 Speed, 4in Rough Country Lift, 1.25in RC Shackle Lift, Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer, RC N2.0 Shocks, 1" Prothane Bodylift, 33x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Posi Lock, Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper
90_Wrangler_717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #201
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_Wrangler_717
I'm still gonna find out from one of my FBI buddies about the whole 2x4 with nails in the wood thing. With that being Gov. property and that person tampering with it. That person can get into a lot of trouble.
Yea but anyone could have done it...hard to point fingers if there's no acting party. Can't blame the old lady with out eye witness proof that she walked over and planted the nailed up plank into the mudpit.
Unread 04-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #202
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, I deff. agree. I just want to find out what the penalty of that would be. Then I'll try to find someway to catch the culprit of it. Nothing against Northern people. But since I've lived here, I've found to seen more *******s live up this way than down south. If no one is abusing and raising hell, then I just say leave it be. Hell, if they wanted to get a way to get a stand at the beginning of the trail, and charge people like 5-10 bucks to ride the trail for a day or something. I know how this state likes their money with all these taxes and ridic car inspection stuff.
1990 YJ- 4.2L IL6, 5 Speed, 4in Rough Country Lift, 1.25in RC Shackle Lift, Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer, RC N2.0 Shocks, 1" Prothane Bodylift, 33x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Posi Lock, Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #203
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_Wrangler_717 View Post
Oh yeah, I deff. agree. I just want to find out what the penalty of that would be. Then I'll try to find someway to catch the culprit of it. Nothing against Northern people. But since I've lived here, I've found to seen more *******s live up this way than down south. If no one is abusing and raising hell, then I just say leave it be. Hell, if they wanted to get a way to get a stand at the beginning of the trail, and charge people like 5-10 bucks to ride the trail for a day or something. I know how this state likes their money with all these taxes and ridic car inspection stuff.
Yeah but unfortunately people do raise hell down there; I've gone down several times and came out with two or three contractor garbage bags filled with beer bottles, cans, and all kinds of trash. If people would respect the land and the people who live around it, we wouldn't have a problem. I try to talk to anyone I see out to let them know why we're there and that we're cleaning the trail as we go along, which seems to make them happy. The locals just hate when a train of loud 4x4s come down late at night and trash the place.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #204
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Deff man. Anthony showed me where they put the trash cans. Which was awesome. And I respect what you all are doin going down there and cleaning up the trash, which shouldn't need to be done in the first place. That's why I think if it were ran even with volunteers to control who is acting like fools and kick them off the trail. After so x amount of times they wouldn't be welcomed back there. It would just be something cool to look into so the trail isn't banned from us driving down there. It was my first time but it's a nice place, even with the creek there to go fishing and what not.
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #205
MVRubicon777
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is great! Thanks for re-starting it. I had no idea that this (Trails Rd) was so close (I'm in the Reading area) and looks like a fun change of pace from Rausch Creek to play around and get a little muddy.

Thanks for outlining the guidelines, I may take a trip out to check this out soon.

'04 TJ Rubicon
Khaki Jeep Club Member
Rubicon Owners Club
Keystone State Jeep Owners Club
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance
Jeeperz4WD
Limitless Offroad
Grass Roots Jeep Club

[CENTER] l____l
OlllllllO
[ ]=O=[ ][/CENTER]

"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks. I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences." - Daniel Boone
MVRubicon777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #206
MVRubicon777
2004 TJ Wrangler 

And I would definitely help out with trail clean up. I do it locally with the mountain biking trails and I would certainly help out with trail maintenance and clean up for a jeep trail.

'04 TJ Rubicon
Khaki Jeep Club Member
Rubicon Owners Club
Keystone State Jeep Owners Club
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance
Jeeperz4WD
Limitless Offroad
Grass Roots Jeep Club

[CENTER] l____l
OlllllllO
[ ]=O=[ ][/CENTER]

"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks. I was happy in the midst of dangers and inconveniences." - Daniel Boone
MVRubicon777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #207
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVRubicon777
And I would definitely help out with trail clean up. I do it locally with the mountain biking trails and I would certainly help out with trail maintenance and clean up for a jeep trail.
Idk if its with the drive from reading. You would be better saving ur gas to go to rausch creek
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #208
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah its definitely not a replacement for Rausch. I usually only hit it if I'm in the area or someone else wants to go. Less than an hour in the other direction and I could be at Rausch Creek living the dream.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #209
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm out in Harrisburg, so anywhere is worth the drive for me. There's only like 2 mudholes you go through one is just along the trail. Can't really turn around to go back and go through. The other was alright but you don't want to make to much noise and it's not something you can haul *** through. Rausch would be the best bet, I'm just not the one to pay to play in the woods, never had that problem in Florida.
Unread 04-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #210
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I drove up to meet up with squazz to sell him my bargain buy Warn winch. We went down Trails for about 2 and a half hours. No 2x4s with nails up to report. Really surprised that no one else showed up today, with the weather being so nice and all. Noticed the trash cans and thought they looked newer. We tried to police up the area a bit. A few beer cans laying about. So all in all, it was a good day. Didn't have to use my new winch, but it gave me the confidence to try some of the stuff I haven't tried yet. I LOVE LOCKERS. They are what really helped me the most

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.