Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

146K views 2K replies 109 participants last post by  mikeg576 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess the original owner of the Trails Rd thread got sick of people posting BS that had nothing to do with access to Trails Rd, the use of it, how to work to keep it open for use. :nono:

Since Trails Rd. is still going to get used regardless of whether or not the thread is here, let's start it back up again and keep it rolling. Think the thread was a good place for people to meet up and talk about the conditions on Trails, post what they tackled on Trails Rd, what it took to run it, and definitely etiquette to the landowners around trails (important!), etc.

So we know it can be run by a STOCK Jeep/rig and it's challenging enough for even a modified one to make things interesting.

Google maps puts it here: http://goo.gl/maps/ckR6

#6 ·
I was talking to a landowner the other day. He has no problem with jeeps going down.
Rules:
Stay out of the creek
Keep trash in vehicle or in proper trash cans
Stay on the trail!
Try not to be on the trail after dark
And when near people's house no speeding or revving

I live right down the road from here and it's a great Place to jeep so let's please make it last!

#10 ·
wow yeah... They could have just told me if they were tired of dragging the girl along... :laugh: I, too, was wondering...

#12 ·
Don't see why the Guy deleted it. Whatever. Anyways. New thread new pics and new stories.

#15 ·
Ah, I think he got the sh!ts of people posting stuff about going down there to 'get muddy' or whatever. He just doesnt want the place to get closed. I can respect that. Too many places getting shut down because they are abused.

Anyway, think there's a good group of people on this thread. I know SecondRecon and his crew spent a day cleaning trees off the trail.

#13 ·
Thanks for starting the new thread Krash. This one should be better because it is more generic, meaning that the last thread was set up for a specific meeting some time ago. It is a shame to see it go, mainly because of the great pics. I am most appreciative of the new thread at this time because my step daughter has a friend coming over from Germany (she used to be an exchange student) who wants to go wheelin. Not sure if she's ever been or not. I would like to set up a meet once we know the date, and maybe someone with a bigger rig would be willing to let her right seat on some of the bigger stuff.

Oh look. Angel's here. Everything is going to be OK. hehehehe

#17 ·
my step daughter has a friend coming over from Germany (she used to be an exchange student) who wants to go wheelin. Not sure if she's ever been or not. I would like to set up a meet once we know the date, and maybe someone with a bigger rig would be willing to let her right seat on some of the bigger stuff.

Hmmmmm :idea:

How long will she be in town for? If I can get an extension on my repair order i may be able to go early this weekend. If i cant get an extension, maybe next weekend? Id like to go back soon.

#16 ·
I have posted about getting muddy on Trails Rd. You can't hardly help it when your driving stock and going through those mud holes on the way in.

#18 ·
KevKaos said:
Haha :thumbsup: well ya gotta keep one girl around...Jonathan's girlfriend may not ALWAYS make brownies... :laugh:

Yeah I don't understand the muddy thing. Out of all of complaints lists via land owners, I don't ever remember seeing one about mud flinging. Besides, the mud holes are way beyond the houses, for the most part. Plus, getting some mud flying is part of the fun of wheeling; or just as fun :D

#27 ·
#20 ·
KevKaos said:
I have posted about getting muddy on Trails Rd. You can't hardly help it when your driving stock and going through those mud holes on the way in.
I know man. That's the only thing I could think of.
It doesn't matter. Trails Rd. Is still there whether the thread is here or not. I just think it's useful to us peeps.

#22 ·
This thread is absolutely essiential for me. There is no way I would go to Trails Road without at least one other 4wd vehicle that could pull me out if I got stuck. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
KevKaos said:
I think it's in two weeks, because I know it isn't this weekend. I'll find out. Like I said, she lived here for a year or two as an Exchange student in High School, but not sure she has ever experienced a real American pastime of offroading. Jon, you would be a BLAST for her to ride with. Might be a good time to go for the waterfall. :highfive:
There's a ton of American's that don't understand this "American passtime" and you're dragging this poor, unknowing, girl from another country, into it? Lol j/k...

#28 ·
Ha ha. From what I hear, she's ASKING for it. I think the step daughter was telling her about the fun time she had the one time she was with us (a couple weeks ago). To be honest, I think it had something to do with "cute guys" as she would say. And before you all start asking, I don't know which guys shes talking about, but I would imagine it would be someone near her own age (17). I guess you can all say she must have been talking about you. hehehehe

#30 ·
Handcuffed German girl? Sounds like the start of a great wheeling day!

#31 ·
Not to doubt anyone else abilities or anything, but Jon actually came to mind right away when I thought of her getting the full offroading experience (aka scareing the mess outta her). But she's a cool girl, nose ring and all.

#33 ·
You guys are going to make me use Google again, aren't ya?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.