New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 131 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #1951
4x4Trailsrd

There is a cabin for sale on E. Trails Road. Would be a good place to have weekend hangouts.
Check the York, PA or Baltimore, MD Craigslist and search under Housing For Sale for "Seasonal Cabin/Bungalow"

4x4Trailsrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #1952
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastMasta View Post
Going camping, wheeling, shooting, fishing and whatever up in Trevorton labor day weekend. All are welcome to join. It's always a blast.

Hit me up

Rob
Looks like I'll be up there Saturday to test out my (new to me) 96 XJ that I just got, long as I get the front hooks installed tonight. 96 XJ, 3" lift, black with a very faded hood. I'll be with a group of non-Jeepers, but they're pretty ok people besides that
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #1953
yorkrubicon

So much speculation on trails road lol. I wanted to go down sunday but I couldnt find anyone to go. Only go down west trails and back up. Might go tubing at the gorge if anyones down for that as well. PM me!
yorkrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #1954
Brien999
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm going to have to find the west entrance... I've only been in through the east side. Do you go in on Hillview, then a right on Deep Dale?
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #1955
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

You enter at the power lines but I do not suggest you go. Some of the land owners are taking photos of plates and reporting. The road is private land access for land owners. I've given up my fight with the 2 people trying to keep people out. It's not worth it.
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #1956
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What mike said, I went up last weekend and it didn't go well.
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #1957
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

It's just not worth it guys. These people own the property, the spend their hard earned money to have their cabin, house, or camp site there. It's not our right to be there. Some land owners understand that most of us go up and help as well as are respectful. The others just don't care and they don't want any of us there. They have every right to say keep out. As much as I don't like what they say I have no right in any argument against their opinion or for mine.
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #1958
Brien999
2005 LJ Wrangler 

ok... it's such a bummer.. It's so close and a nice little ride down there. Thats the way it always works, a couple knuckleheads F it up for everyone else.

Rausch is so far to go, and to be honest, with the trails so full of rocks, it's just not fun in the 'ol LJ. There are some nice "play areas" that are a blast, but spending the day bouncing around on the rocks isn't. I notice when I go wit the guys in JK's they sure seem to move over the rocks much better. We get slammed around in the cabin cuz, it's just so rough. And if I go slower, the others behind me get frustrated. I'm thinking maybe the Bilstein 5100's on it are too stiff... just don't know... anyway.. Mike, thanks for the heads up... and really appreciate your attempt to liaison with the land owners!
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #1959
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Brien999, do you air down at all?
As for the drivers behind you......they'll be fine I to drive a rubi and with the 4:1 low just take your time.
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #1960
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Maybe you're running the wrong trails. Your TJ-L isn't as rough as a ride as my YJ. Maybe you should join my group next month.

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #1961
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brien999 View Post

Rausch is so far to go, and to be honest, with the trails so full of rocks, it's just not fun in the 'ol LJ. There are some nice "play areas" that are a blast, but spending the day bouncing around on the rocks isn't. I notice when I go wit the guys in JK's they sure seem to move over the rocks much better. We get slammed around in the cabin cuz, it's just so rough. And if I go slower, the others behind me get frustrated. I'm thinking maybe the Bilstein 5100's on it are too stiff... just don't know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post
Maybe you're running the wrong trails. Your TJ-L isn't as rough as a ride as my YJ. Maybe you should join my group next month.
Brien, I've been on a ride before where the group leader's grueling pace sucked all the fun out of the day. Mike, on the other hand, led a group at Topless for Tatas at Rausch and the pace was perfect, even for my YJ that rides slightly better than a covered wagon going down the Oregon Trail. I don't recall anyone having any problems, including at least 1 LJ on 33s, similar to yours. Your profile says you have a Rubicon so your 4:1 transfer case is going to slow you down by design. Some people like to play wannabe King of the Hammers and if they get frustrated with you for crawling while rock crawling, that's their problem. Tell them to get a dictionary if they don't know what crawling means.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #1962
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Thanks Tom!
Brien, I'm at Adams Jeep every day but Wednesday and Sunday. If you're interested in going I have a few spots open for October and November.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #1963
Brien999
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Gentlemen.. appreciate the replys!

Greg - Yes. But just did that for the 1st time on this last trip to Rausch and it did make a difference. I went to 16lbs... and I think I could go down a couple more... not sure where the limit is before I run the risk on popping the bead? I also have disconnects for the front. I have considered disconnecting the rear, but the more I read about that, doesnt seem like a good plan. I think I have many more options before I do that.

Tom - These last two rides were exactly that... grueling... perfect word for it. And yea, that 4:1 has it's pros and cons. After the previous Rausch trip, I put in a hand throttle. That really helped over the rocks as well. Really helped keep a nice steady roll, but still the leader was flying through the trails, and the JK behind me was about 3' behind me all day.. and clearly frustrated. I recommended many times for him to move ahead of me, but he didn't...

Mike - I'd like to join up with one of your trips. I live 5min from Adams... right down 22. I'll swing by.
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1964
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brien999 View Post
I went to 16lbs... and I think I could go down a couple more... not sure where the limit is before I run the risk on popping the bead?
Go down to 12 area. It will make a big difference. Shouldn't be a problem holding the bead there.
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #1965
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

yea 12-14 psi for MTs and disconnect the front sway. Makes a world of difference.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.