Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

146K views 2K replies 109 participants last post by  mikeg576 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess the original owner of the Trails Rd thread got sick of people posting BS that had nothing to do with access to Trails Rd, the use of it, how to work to keep it open for use. :nono:

Since Trails Rd. is still going to get used regardless of whether or not the thread is here, let's start it back up again and keep it rolling. Think the thread was a good place for people to meet up and talk about the conditions on Trails, post what they tackled on Trails Rd, what it took to run it, and definitely etiquette to the landowners around trails (important!), etc.

So we know it can be run by a STOCK Jeep/rig and it's challenging enough for even a modified one to make things interesting.

Google maps puts it here: http://goo.gl/maps/ckR6

#447 ·
blackouttj said:
I dunk my oreos in my beer mmm :cheers:
:laugh: this sounds potentially amazing, except for the crumbs that would be at the bottom of my glass...

#448 ·
dukie564 said:
Welcome to owning an older jeep lol. I lost count of the number of rattles mine has - it adds character :2thumbsup:
So true. Lol. My only concern is I don't really know how to fix stuff (yet??) and I don't have extra money for boo-boo's.

But, with that, I am still tossing around the Rausch idea. Worst case, yous can leave me at the campsite... :teehee:

#449 ·
You take pretty good pics with your phone, so I could give you my my digital camera for the day and you can ride along with someone and document the day. Just a thought. That's what my wife was going to do, but not sure if she is coming along or not yet.

#455 ·
:confused: Dont have to pay¿¿ How do I get in on that deal?

#452 ·
Another update to the list;

krashnpa
Dukie564 (questionable now)
squazz
Jasons4x4
HUBDEEP
blackouttj
ScottD16 (maybe)
93ZJDave

#454 ·
I'm camping Friday night, just because I hate getting up really early and trying to get somewhere I've never been for the first time.

#457 ·
Sorry about your Dad passing, but I bet you think of him every time you go huh?

#458 ·
well it was my grandfather but yeah he was like a father he owned jeeps almost all his life and got me into jeeps every time a new wrangler came out he had to have it and it had to be a stick and he always paid cash he got me into the jeep club a few years back its said his jeep is gone now since we couldn't afford the payments it was an 09 4 door wrangler was a fun jeep in the woods. and thank you i have his ashes in my jeep so he wheels with me.

#459 ·
#460 ·
Hey if you live in Maryland and have nothing to do tomorrow night, a few of us are having a meet & greet in Columbia, MD. This is posted in the MD People thread but I thought i'd post it here as well.

Meetup this Wednesday (6/8) at 7:30pm (ish)
2nd Chance Saloon (heard good things - ample parking)
5888 Robert Oliver Place, Ste A, Columbia, MD (next to Food Lion off Stevens Forest Rd)

Reply in the MD people thread if you plan to attend. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f362/md-people-655170/index365.html#post11664630

#462 ·
Not a huge turnout, but nice people. And damn Dukie, your lights ARE bright. No wonder people are flashing you. :D:D:D

#461 ·
ScottD16 said:
this is how i want to solve the cup holder crisis just need some doors
How did u make them doors? Did u just take a saw and chop the door in half then just welded sheet metal to fill the gap? Do u still have speakers in the doors?

#465 ·
Maybe, but I think your driving lights might be aimed a bit high. I could see them clearly a half mile down the road. We ever go night wheeling, you got point.

#468 ·
Kev, this should clear things up for you. Don't change anything till you get the driveshaft.

Your current setup should look like this:

You'll need to change it to look like this with the new DS:

Also, how are they measuring those numbers? They should be measuring the angles with the jeep on the ground (full weight), not on a lift.

#470 ·
They are measuring under load, but doesn't changing the pinion angle also change your driveshaft measurement? Sorry, math has never been one of my strong points.

#472 ·
I was told drive shaft angle minus pinion angle = u jount angle which should be 2* (well at least for the grands) and that makes zero driveline vibe

#473 ·
Went to Trails Rd yesterday. Good times as usual. I took some trash bags and cleaned up a bit. Didn't have my gloves so I didn't want to dig into the trash barrels to much, but got some of the bottles and cans out. Filled two kitchen size bags but really wasn't wanting to drive them all the way back to Baltimore. During one of my runs up the hill, I saw the man that lives along the side of the trail and stopped to chat. I asked if he knew where I might be able to get rid of some trash legally and responsibly. He told me it could leave it with his trash cans, and thanked me for cleaning up a bit. We talked about the Trail use and he is very nice and understanding. Obviously, there are things that he (or anyone else) would be annoyed over. If anyone has open exhaust or really loud exhaust, please try to idle by as much as possible when you are up by his house, and of course, don't be acting stupid. I think most keepers already do this, but haul your personal trash out with you. The trash barrels are rather useless now that they are full and there is no easy way to empty them. I know it seems like we beat this issue to death, but it is important if we want to keep using the area.

#476 ·
so went to the junkyard today and hit a major score found these jks quick discos for my jeep got em for nothing got em mounted up already as well at least i have discos now for the trip to rauch woot]
By the way I got pulled over the other day for no rear fender flares dont know how you.get.away with it up here in PA

#475 ·
See mine?

#477 ·
3 inches is the legal limit in pa thats what i was told by state police anyway also when i rolled my fenders i pulled them out by hand so they are bent out more then normal i did it with a hand saw and hammer lol and bent it all out by hand to get it just right and man these discos make a huge difference in flex but now i have to trim my from bumper more maybe ill cut it off and make my custom bumper into a winch bumber. and btw my jeep is a daily driver lol its been for years.

#478 ·
Another update to the list for the Rausch trip the 25th - 26th of June. I'm still going to head up Friday afternoon, but now I think I may stay sat night as well if anyone wants to go wheelin on Sunday as well.

KevKaos
krashnpa
Dukie564 (questionable now)
squazz
Jasons4x4
HUBDEEP
blackouttj
ScottD16 (maybe)
93ZJDave
Njrealtor55

#480 ·
Theise ppl dont know about the 5speed zj and it's history. They all have factory options to this day. My gas gauge dont work never did I do get bettween 12-15mpg depends how foolish I drive witha 23 gal tank I fill up around 200miles

Hmm wounder if my pressure treated wood 4x6 times 2 bumper will hold my m8000 winch if I plate it

#481 ·
Hmm wounder if my pressure treated wood 4x6 times 2 bumper will hold my m8000 winch if I plate it
I expect nothing less from you squazz :laugh:

#484 ·
if its pressure treated I'm sure it could I don't think it would hole more then a 8k winch but thats pretty bad a$$ when it comes to making a winch bumper what gauge steel is recommended.

this is an older pic of my jeep but im still using the same bumper would it be possible to make it into a one off winch bumper? i also have to chop out alot of my stock bumper since i got the discos if i flex the tires hit it so its gone. I'm probably going to bend the bottom tube up on an angle so it hits the top bar and maybe weld it together.I would put a winch where the fog lights are since they are gone or id box it in and put it on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.