New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 04-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #181
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_Wrangler_717 View Post
or i'll rephrase 33x10.50, they're just to skinny for that trail
my goodyear 235/75/15 went to skinny (i however did not try to climb the rock out)

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #182
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_Wrangler_717
lol we had a lot of trouble with mine. for some reason it just didnt like rocks couldnt catch traction, the 4x4 was working but we were just lost. then we figured out how the posi locked worked and she did just fine, but i discovered i need wider tires. my 10.50s aint doin the trick
Well I only have 31x10.5... Although they are pretty much new, I didn't figure it mattered too much once they were caked with mud...lol

Your pics look good. I'm sure it just depends on what route/angle you decide to try certain things. When I went, the people who helped spot were a huge help, especially since it was my first time.

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #183
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

yeah it was my first time. but the problem we both ran into was the water/mud mix caked on the rocks. he has auto so he was able to keep sittin still, everytime we tried to get my goin we had it in a good spot and tried hittin the gas and lettin go of the clutch as fast as we could but kept fallin back, so we couldn't get the sitting right with it. but i still had a blast and deff love to do it again
1990 YJ- 4.2L IL6, 5 Speed, 4in Rough Country Lift, 1.25in RC Shackle Lift, Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer, RC N2.0 Shocks, 1" Prothane Bodylift, 33x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Posi Lock, Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper
90_Wrangler_717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #184
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerAngel05 View Post
Well I only have 31x10.5... Although they are pretty much new, I didn't figure it mattered too much once they were caked with mud...lol

Your pics look good. I'm sure it just depends on what route/angle you decide to try certain things. When I went, the people who helped spot were a huge help, especially since it was my first time.
You still running Wranglers? They clear mud pretty well.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #185
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i had no problem with the mud, but once we hit the rocks i couldn't catch traction. and the tires are pretty new. reducing tire pressure helped out but we were just lost. my 4 wheel drive was kickin just fine, then we had to figure out the posi lock thing, should've paid attention when the guy who i bought it from tried explainin to me how to use it, but havin stick for those steep parts gave me a lot of hell
1990 YJ- 4.2L IL6, 5 Speed, 4in Rough Country Lift, 1.25in RC Shackle Lift, Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer, RC N2.0 Shocks, 1" Prothane Bodylift, 33x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Posi Lock, Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #186
WranglerAngel05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nah... BFGoodrich. I never got to try the wranglers out in the mud, but they sure gave me a headache on the highway...lol...
I was forced to swap 'em - bad death wobble due to the tires wearing uneven...

[CENTER][COLOR="Plum"][I]Sweet Tea, men in Wrangler jeans, Trans Am's, sitting in the sand, Jeeps, mud, diesel trucks, hot summer days, bluegrass music, picnics, flip flops, and bubble gum...
[B]Who says life has to be any more complicated than this?[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER]"We roll the dice we, play like fools
We plead with time to change the rules
It's like a hurricane is coming our way
We've all been warned but we still chose to stay" ~ Needtobreathe[/CENTER][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[URL="http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com"][B][SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][CENTER]http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL]
WranglerAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #187
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like the trail is practically in someone's backyard. I can't believe they don't try to get the trail shut down if it experiences the kind of traffic this forum makes it sound like it does.

Just for clarification I'm not saying it should be shut down, just that I'm surprised the homeowners haven't gone to the local government yet.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #188
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

lol actually the front the people prob have the best lot between the house and the road they have a bridge over the creek below i would love to live there
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #189
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

but the girl who lived there walked by us a couple times she didnt seem to mind we were out there
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #190
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol actually the front the people prob have the best lot between the house and the road they have a bridge over the creek below i would love to live there
No offense man but I have no idea what you just said.
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #191
90_Wrangler_717
1990 YJ Wrangler 

lol that's their front yard, off the right, right there, there's a drop off with a creek and they have a bridge goin from the road to their house. it's a really nice place, they're doin something with remodeling, but the lady didnt mind we were out there, which was for awhile that was the hardest part for us. but then again there was only 2 of us. just don't go out there with a lot of people and they dont care, we respected the trail
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #192
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

the people on that side of the trail don't care. It's the people at the other entrance that we have to be careful of. Be sure to drive SLOWLY past the houses at the other entrance. Don't give them a reason to get upset with us going down there.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #193
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
or i'll rephrase 33x10.50, they're just to skinny for that trail
how the hell are they too skinny? my 235/75R15s do wonderfully on any terrain. It's more about the lug/tread pattern than the width.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #194
Showtime3492
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
Looks like the trail is practically in someone's backyard. I can't believe they don't try to get the trail shut down if it experiences the kind of traffic this forum makes it sound like it does.

Just for clarification I'm not saying it should be shut down, just that I'm surprised the homeowners haven't gone to the local government yet.
What is the difference if there is a trail 50 yds in front of someones house or if there is a road in front of someones house? No matter what people will still be around and no matter what they both experience traffic the roads and highways get tons more of it so there really is no differance its just like living anywhere else IMO.
Showtime3492 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #195
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime3492 View Post
What is the difference if there is a trail 50 yds in front of someones house or if there is a road in front of someones house? No matter what people will still be around and no matter what they both experience traffic the roads and highways get tons more of it so there really is no differance its just like living anywhere else IMO.
Buying a house on a roadway, one expects to experience road noise. When someone buys a house in the middle of the woods, they probably picked that location on purpose. People also tend to "hang out" on OHV trails more than a regular road. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people that live near Trails Road didn't know about it when they bought their houses. Plus, it would be a lot easier to shut down Trails Road than an actual road that serves a purpose aside from recreation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.