New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 127 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1891 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 PM
kuzican
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Forest Hill
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Calm down man. I very rarely go up there and just wanted to make sure I go in the right way next time I am up there. I can never remember which side is east and west so I figured I would ask. Better safe then sorry. I also don't recall seeing signs that mark the east side and west side but I may just not be remembering them. Its been over a year since I have been there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
it's marked right at the entrance. like a regular street sign

kuzican is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1892 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post

it's marked right at the entrance. like a regular street sign
I don't remember seeing that or I May have missed it. Good to know though. Ill keep an eye out next time I am up there for them. I know my Jeep can make it in the west side now with no trouble. That wasn't my worry. I just wanted to be sure I used the correct entramce and I alwaus differentiated them by easy and hard. Thays the way they were described to me the first time I was up there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
post #1893 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 09:48 PM
mikeg576
Registered User
1945 CJ2A 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Towson
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Calm down man. I very rarely go up there and just wanted to make sure I go in the right way next time I am up there. I can never remember which side is east and west so I figured I would ask. Better safe then sorry. I also don't recall seeing signs that mark the east side and west side but I may just not be remembering them. Its been over a year since I have been there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
Sorry, didn't mean to direct that at you. It def came across that way. That was more general statement and not bashing you in anyway. I apologize if you thought I was attacking you. Totally not my intention.

As for the trail,
Every time I've went up lately I've taken trash bags and as nasty as it is humped trash out. I tossed it in a dumpster on the way home.

45 2A 95 YJ,
Jankel Tactical Systems Northeast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikeg576 is offline  
post #1894 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
kuzican
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Forest Hill
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post
As for the trail,
Every time I've went up lately I've taken trash bags and as nasty as it is humped trash out. I tossed it in a dumpster on the way home.
I've still got 1 or 2 bags, plus gloves in my Jeep packed for just that reason.
kuzican is offline  
post #1895 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM
mikeg576
Registered User
1945 CJ2A 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Towson
Posts: 1,711
Good stuff.

45 2A 95 YJ,
Jankel Tactical Systems Northeast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikeg576 is offline  
post #1896 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post

Sorry, didn't mean to direct that at you. It def came across that way. That was more general statement and not bashing you in anyway. I apologize if you thought I was attacking you. Totally not my intention.

As for the trail,
Every time I've went up lately I've taken trash bags and as nasty as it is humped trash out. I tossed it in a dumpster on the way home.
No worries man its all good. I can imagine the crap some punks pull back there really makes us look bad. Taking trash bags is something I think everyone that goes up there should do. If we all just take one bag each time before you know it it'll be trash free and we will all have trouble filling that bag. Hopefully the residents will take notice that the Jeep community is working to make it clean and keep it that way. I know some residents don't care eithier way and just want everyone to stay out bit atleast they won't be able to say we trash the place.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
post #1897 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
I would totally be willing to bring my little 4x8 trailer back thers one day if a few people wanna do a trail clean up. It will haul quite a few bahs of trash. Like I said I haven't been there in a year so I don't know how bad it is. I don't want to see the place shut down though and I def don't want the Jeep community or forum members to get a bad rap.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
post #1898 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 PM
kuzican
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Forest Hill
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
I would totally be willing to bring my little 4x8 trailer back thers one day if a few people wanna do a trail clean up. It will haul quite a few bahs of trash. Like I said I haven't been there in a year so I don't know how bad it is. I don't want to see the place shut down though and I def don't want the Jeep community or forum members to get a bad rap.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
I'd go with you too, but I don't think it's that bad to need a trailer. just a couple trash bags will do.
kuzican is offline  
post #1899 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post

I'd go with you too, but I don't think it's that bad to need a trailer. just a couple trash bags will do.
It'll be atleast 2 weeks before I can get up there. I live in Frederick MD so its a bit of a drive for me. As soon as I have the extra cash to make the trip I am down. I have ti get some new selinoids for my winch and I neex to find a vacuum leak in the lines going to the CAD so I can have 4WD.

Ill fold my back seat up and we can throw the bags in there.
Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
post #1900 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 PM
kuzican
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Forest Hill
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
It'll be atleast 2 weeks before I can get up there. I live in Frederick MD so its a bit of a drive for me. As soon as I have the extra cash to make the trip I am down. I have ti get some new selinoids for my winch and I neex to find a vacuum leak in the lines going to the CAD so I can have 4WD.

Ill fold my back seat up and we can throw the bags in there.
Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
alright. just let me know when. I live about 25 minutes away from trails road. so it's pretty close to me.
kuzican is offline  
post #1901 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post

alright. just let me know when. I live about 25 minutes away from trails road. so it's pretty close to me.
I live 10 mins from legore bridge in Frederick so that's where I can usually be found. Its all mud though. While mud is fun and I love it I hate cleaning it up. I am def ready for something with more rocks than mud

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
post #1902 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 PM
kuzican
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Forest Hill
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
I live 10 mins from legore bridge in Frederick so that's where I can usually be found. Its all mud though. While mud is fun and I love it I hate cleaning it up. I am def ready for something with more rocks than mud

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
understandable. I'm trying to keep my XJ more on the clean side for awhile. at least until after I get lifted and on bigger tires. I got the 33s sitting in my other XJ, and SYE on the way. waiting for my tools to show up to get a driveshaft, and still need to save for the lift.
kuzican is offline  
post #1903 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post

understandable. I'm trying to keep my XJ more on the clean side for awhile. at least until after I get lifted and on bigger tires. I got the 33s sitting in my other XJ, and SYE on the way. waiting for my tools to show up to get a driveshaft, and still need to save for the lift.
I need to get an sye. I want to ditch my transfer case drop and do a tummy tuck. I also need to get a 1 1/4 inch body lift to do the tummy tuck and hopefully that will solve me new tire rubbing issue. I got 33x12.5's on mine. I love them. I have learned for atleast the wheeling I do that 33's will get you through 90% of obsticles. I can hang with the guys on 35's anyway at the placez I go. I am trying to decide if its worth to go up to 37's or 38's. I am just not sure how much more I will be able to get through with them compared to the 33's. I do have future plans to go spring over though. I love the look and they ride much smoother so I am figuring I need atleast 35's to not look funny. I also have 2 inch BDS lift springs and 1 inch booms and I love the springs the ride really rwally well as so I plan to keep them when I go SOA. Regaurdless you'll love the 33's

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
post #1904 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
chadsweigart
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dillsburg
Posts: 50
Go with 37s. They will get you through so much more trust me


image-3527381462.jpg
chadsweigart is offline  
post #1905 of 1974 Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsweigart View Post
Go with 37s. They will get you through so much more trust me
Hmmm maybe I should consider 40's then if I have the room. I would be at 9 inches of lift including the body lift that's in the plans. 5.5 from SOA 2 from springs 1 from shackles and 1.25 from body. That would give room for a lot of tire but it would be really high.

That's a really sweet looking Jeep. Nice work man. I am jelous even if it isn't a YJ. Lol j/k

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Siva283 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Southern Wisconsin Off Road Trails WI_JeepNutz Wisconsin Jeep Forum 23 05-02-2016 01:48 PM
Trails in Southern California anderson5290 California Jeep Forum 19 03-25-2014 04:27 PM
Southern Ohio trails champelite210 Ohio Jeep Forum 13 09-29-2012 08:20 PM
any nice trails to hit in southern new jersey? vansskaterfreek North East USA 2 09-19-2009 12:03 AM
Who Refills CO2 Tanks in Southern New York Mowmer North East USA 6 02-13-2009 12:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome