New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 126 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #1876
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

there's a group going this saturday around 11am.

MOJO Jeeps
kuzican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #1877
mattmcnew9
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My buddy just bought a house right off the trail so it looks like im gonna be up there every weekend.
mattmcnew9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #1878
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

looks like the people there put up some new signs.

MOJO Jeeps
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #1879
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

stay off of east trails road
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1880
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post
stay off of east trails road
East trails rd is the easy side to get in right?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #1881
TrademarkJeff

This thread needs to be deleted IMO
Some people have been doing not so good things
TrademarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #1882
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrademarkJeff View Post
This thread needs to be deleted IMO
Some people have been doing not so good things
the problem is if you delete this then 100 more exist and more will pop up. the only thing we can do is try to enforce a responsible type of driving there. i do not keep my mouth shut if i see someone doing something i dont agree with. i normally have cops with me and always have a camera or video camera. if you see someone doing something stupid tell them. post the photos of the jeep or truck and of the plates. blast it on every forum you know so we can all be aware.

East trails road is the easy side. stay out of it. there is no reason to run that side. if my 1945 cj2a can make the west end your jeep can. if for whatever reason you can't run the west side with your jeep it doesn't belong on the trail. its very simple. ive worked very hard with land owners along the road to keep the area open. ive been using the road since 1996 and i plan to keep running it untill the majority land owner tells me to stop. so when i see someone being a jerk i have no problem doing what i need to so they understand its not acceptable.
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #1883
davyboyXJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

absolutely right. the west entrance isnt the worst and its a fun route anyway. i mean thats why we go right? to have fun and try new challenging things? so dont use the east entrance, run the west one, take your time and u wont break anything. clean up after yourselfes and be respectful. its simple. mike lmk when ur free to wheel. whenever ur done traveling. just lmk
davyboyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #1884
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

After I get back from Easter Jeep Safari ill be able to go up.
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #1885
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Apparently a group went up today and found a new sign stating that it was Illegal to go on the road.

True?
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #1886
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

It's not illegal, I've talked to local cops about it...they're just trying to scare people...but like everybody says, respect the land, don't use east trail, and stay out of the water!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #1887
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
After I get back from Easter Jeep Safari ill be able to go up.
let me know when that is, I would love to go with ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post
Apparently a group went up today and found a new sign stating that it was Illegal to go on the road.

True?
we went down west trails today. someone put up a cardboard sign saying something about a $600 fine. I made it down and back up with little trouble in a stock XJ with sagging leafs and street tires. it can be done.

also, there was another XJ there that was throwing trash around. was dark with about a 3" lift and 31s. was a monster can. our group picked up about a half grocery bag full of trash along the road.
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #1888
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

That's ridiculous, why people litter just blows my mind...how hard is it to take your trash with you?
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #1889
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
That's ridiculous, why people litter just blows my mind...how hard is it to take your trash with you?
it was 3 teenagers that probably drove down there to smoke or w/e.

I may be 18 but I'm no punk kid who disrespects everything.
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #1890
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

East trails road is the easy side. stay out of it. there is no reason to run that side. if my 1945 cj2a can make the west end your jeep can. if for whatever reason you can't run the west side with your jeep it doesn't belong on the trail. its very simple. ive worked very hard with land owners along the road to keep the area open. ive been using the road since 1996 and i plan to keep running it untill the majority land owner tells me to stop. so when i see someone being a jerk i have no problem doing what i need to so they understand its not acceptable.
Calm down man. I very rarely go up there and just wanted to make sure I go in the right way next time I am up there. I can never remember which side is east and west so I figured I would ask. Better safe then sorry. I also don't recall seeing signs that mark the east side and west side but I may just not be remembering them. Its been over a year since I have been there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.