New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa - Page 109 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1621 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yes the tent was there but noone was fishing. I had some bags with me and was planning to do some trail clean up but when my alternator started acting up I figured I better get out of there. There were a few people down there that seemed like nice enough guys. The one was dieing to take his Cherokee in the water. They atleast waited till we left but I am pretty sure they went in it anyway once it got dark. I had made sure to talk loud when I was showing Shaun the waterfall and letting him know the home owners want people to stay out of the water period. Hopefully they took the hint and stayed out. Now that I have a 4x8 trailer and there is that easy way in and out I may take the trailer down there sometime and load all the trash up from the cans and get it out of there. I can drop it in the dumpster at my friends apartment complex.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know how to get to the trails on the other side of the river without actually having to drive accross the river? Anyone know if said trails are on public or private land.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #1623 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You know, if you are cleaning up trash around Trails Rd, the guy who live right off of the trail on the west entrance has said that we could leave bags of trash there with his trash.

My understanding of the other side of the river is that is the old railroad line. I think the locals know how and do go over there (based on my disscussions with some of them) but at some point, it crosses private property.

KevKaos
Honey Badger Wheelin'

RED JEEP CLUB # 621
It's not much, but check out my build thread;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
so I use my original nuts?
You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.

post #1624 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 AM
geiman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Does anyone know how to get to the trails on the other side of the river without actually having to drive accross the river? Anyone know if said trails are on public or private land.
I heard from some of the home owners down there that those trails are on private land. Apparently they ride mostly 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, I haven't seen any actual vehicles over there. Would be neat if someone knew who specifically owned that land to see if they would mind us riding over there or not.
post #1625 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos
You know, if you are cleaning up trash around Trails Rd, the guy who live right off of the trail on the west entrance has said that we could leave bags of trash there with his trash.

My understanding of the other side of the river is that is the old railroad line. I think the locals know how and do go over there (based on my disscussions with some of them) but at some point, it crosses private property.
It looked like a butt load of trash was there Saturday. I don't want to make a huge pile outside of anyone's house. A bag or two sure but I wanted to take it all out. If we stay out of the water the next thing someone will complain about is the trash so I figured just get it cleaned up before they complain. If we stay out of the water and keep it clean they have no reason to complain and we get to show that the off road community has decent respectful people. That's the way I look at it anyway

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #1626 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 PM
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The guy at the top of the west entrance (the house just across the stream feeding the waterfall) and I had a nice chat one day. thats when he said I could leave trash there. i agree with you on not leaving a trailer load though. He's a really nice guy and he told me that his two main concerns is that people dont go flying past his place, and it seems to get on his nerves when people are making excessive noise when trying to climb out the west end. He understands the complexities of getting out but apparently some people are kind of excessive and seem to make a lot more noise than is really needed.

KevKaos
Honey Badger Wheelin'

RED JEEP CLUB # 621

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.
Quote:
You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
post #1627 of 1974 Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
ScottD16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

friday is supposed to be nice im thinking about going but cant decide if its worth it

JEEP BUILD better late than never

I like to do the photography Flickr-

wheeling pictures and other random stuff Photobucket
post #1628 of 1974 Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Showtime3492
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Its probably about 2 weeks away yet but once my stroker is complete the first shakedown run is gonna be trails, and if all goes well rausch shortly after.

--1998 XJ "Mater"- RIP

2000 XJ--- 4.6 stroker. Saved from the grave- everything swapped or modded. I hate this thing :)
post #1629 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 AM
dextermac
1995 XJ Cherokee 

So like I said earlier in the thread, I have some suspension problems. I'm sure I need new shocks, at which point I gotta fine some 2in longer then stock for my budget boost, and my leaf springs are flat, almost inverted. Any sugestions?
post #1630 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 AM
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

i was talking to a relative about trails rd and he said it was posted private property at the top of the road...is this true? is it just like an attempt to keep people out even though it's not private property? I know of other roads in the area that used to be public and have since been made private (like near indian steps where i used to fish furnace run and now the damn road is blocked off!)

'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
post #1631 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
ScottD16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
i was talking to a relative about trails rd and he said it was posted private property at the top of the road...is this true? is it just like an attempt to keep people out even though it's not private property? I know of other roads in the area that used to be public and have since been made private (like near indian steps where i used to fish furnace run and now the damn road is blocked off!)
It's not private just an attempt but just be respectful to those who live their.

JEEP BUILD better late than never

I like to do the photography Flickr-

wheeling pictures and other random stuff Photobucket
post #1632 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

And please stay out of the water and stream/waterfall.

45 2A 95 YJ,
Jankel Tactical Systems Northeast

post #1633 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576
And please stay out of the water and stream/waterfall.
Yea I know, I've been following this thread for months, so I've seen all the warnings!

'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
post #1634 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Lol cool. Just covering it,.. Just encase.

45 2A 95 YJ,
Jankel Tactical Systems Northeast

post #1635 of 1974 Old 05-07-2012, 01:19 PM
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
Yea I know, I've been following this thread for months, so I've seen all the warnings!
I dont think that red rig of yours will do very well at Trails.

KevKaos
Honey Badger Wheelin'

RED JEEP CLUB # 621

Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.