Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New Trails Rd Thread - Southern York Co, Pa

146K views 2K replies 109 participants last post by  mikeg576 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess the original owner of the Trails Rd thread got sick of people posting BS that had nothing to do with access to Trails Rd, the use of it, how to work to keep it open for use. :nono:

Since Trails Rd. is still going to get used regardless of whether or not the thread is here, let's start it back up again and keep it rolling. Think the thread was a good place for people to meet up and talk about the conditions on Trails, post what they tackled on Trails Rd, what it took to run it, and definitely etiquette to the landowners around trails (important!), etc.

So we know it can be run by a STOCK Jeep/rig and it's challenging enough for even a modified one to make things interesting.

Google maps puts it here: http://goo.gl/maps/ckR6

#325 ·
Nice pics! I like the brother/sister shot...lol...

#327 ·
I like that one as well. I actually have two or three angles of that shot if you want me to send them to you.

#326 ·
Trying to be selective with the shots I put up. Tomorrow I will try to link up a couple videos, especially the Chevy going between the giant bolders in the rock garden.

Attachments

#328 ·
Hindsight, I wish I would have tried some more things. For some reason I was really paranoid yesterday. I think it all started when I thought I was going to pee my pants...

And Chuck/Squazz - It seems like your lady enjoyed herself! I was somewhat on edge about making the trip back oput alone, but she didn't seem concerned at all...lol

#330 ·
You had nothing to worry about. "IF" you had run into problems, all you had to do was call and we would have come and helped you out. You and your ride were doing fine. I was the one that had to be winched free, and that was on the way in. How embarrassing.

#334 ·
We were talking of getting some folks together for a Rausch trip if you would be interested. Not sure when yet. I was thinking of going this weekend, but the weather and the lack of a lift has me rethinking. I am very hopeful that we are going to be doing my lift very soon. Just waiting for a carlift to open up at the shop. I know the wife will be happy to not have all those boxes laying around the house.

#335 ·
I am down for that. I got a couple of passes to use too.
We were talking of getting some folks together for a Rausch trip if you would be interested.
Cappa wrote a good editorial in JP last month (i think) about what you need on your Jeep. Basically said about overbuilding vehicles and what it takes to have fun. Also said nothing wrong with building your vehicle either. Made some good points IMHO.

I figure if I show up to a model shoot with a 'point-n-shoot' camera, the models are gonna go home. Its more fun to turn dials and play with buttons to get what you need to happen... happen. If that makes any sense.

Not sure when yet. I was thinking of going this weekend, but the weather and the lack of a lift has me rethinking. I am very hopeful that we are going to be doing my lift very soon. Just waiting for a carlift to open up at the shop. I know the wife will be happy to not have all those boxes laying around the house.

#336 ·
I'll be brutally honest here. I have had experienced people tell me that I don't really need to lift my Jeep to be a capable off-roader, but I bought the 4.5" BDS lift just so she will look mean on the street. hehehe Of course I could have used that 4.5" on Sunday when I was hung up on that rock. hehehe

#337 ·
Krash, you aren't working at Delta Family Restaurant?

#338 ·
KevKaos said:
I'll be brutally honest here. I have had experienced people tell me that I don't really need to lift my Jeep to be a capable off-roader, but I bought the 4.5" BDS lift just so she will look mean on the street. hehehe Of course I could have used that 4.5" on Sunday when I was hung up on that rock. hehehe
Yeah I was advised last time to just start in the skid plate department, but since I can't afford either right now, I've chosen to use the best offloading equipment to date: prayer...LOL

#344 ·
So, should we try to start planning a group trip to Rausch? If there are others going on a specific date, I'll go without my lift. I just have to try to plan it for a weekend I have the boy with us. Thats this coming holliday weekend, and then every other weekend. So off the top of my head, how about June 11th or June 25th?

#349 ·
You know I'm just mess'n wit ya. You gonna join us if we get a Rausch group together?

#350 ·
haha i wasn't talking about that. I'll try to come depends on the weekend.

June 11th is "Deep Fry Weekend" for my friends and I - basically where we fire up the turkey fryer and spend an entire day frying everything in sight until we are confident that our pores will ooze grease for the following week.

Also want to get a ******* lift on...

#352 ·

June 11th is "Deep Fry Weekend" for my friends and I - basically where we fire up the turkey fryer and spend an entire day frying everything in sight until we are confident that our pores will ooze grease for the following week.

How the heck do you stay so freaking thin? :p

#351 ·
dukie564 said:

Lemme know when the Oreos are up :laugh:

That sounds slightly sickening lol...

#354 ·
..... and Tiger blood. WINNING!!!!!

#356 ·
True confession time. I would have no chance in hell of doing that lift by myself. My Bother In Law does most all of the wrenching on all my rides, AND he works where there is a three bay/2 lifts shop with tools that his bosses are kind enough to let us use. Problem is there is a 69 GTO convertible body of one lift, the frame on the other, and the bay witout a lift is full of primered fenders and such. I'm not really in a position to say "Hey, get this stuff outta here". The owners are to good to me. So, I wait. :(

#358 ·
Just in time to join a Rausch trip. Woo Hoo

#361 ·
This

And mark 1 ZJ for rausch
I will air down that day and you'll see the major differance

#362 ·
Need a welder to, but I've got that and the operator at the shop. We hope to be able to do the whole job in one Sunday. No one interrupting us during the day, start early and work through till its done. Well, that's the plan at least.

#372 ·
Why do you need a welder?? :confused: Most LA kits needs welded....Unless you plan on relocating the spring perches which is a good idea with 4.5 of lift..the rear springs will bow...and shock relocators as well so the shock doesnt hit the lower spring cup.

#365 ·
Heck, that stupid pump is only about $30, so no great loss. It would take awhile though. Time for you to get an onboard air compressor system. Then you are that much closer to air lockers.

#366 ·
To whom it may concern: my uncle fixed that half door in 5 minutes. I felt like such a drama queen after that....

#367 ·
:laugh:

Yeah it looked like an easy.fix it was just I could never had figured out that knot :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.