New Off Road Park in Eastern PA - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > New Off Road Park in Eastern PA

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #46
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Signed!

Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #47
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Signed

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #48
BigYJeepin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Signed
BigYJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #49
Dolfy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Signed!
Blue Jeep Club member #170

Thought for the day:
Some people are like Slinkies... They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a huge smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.......
Dolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #50
MB4-94

Hi Everyone ,

The next public meeting is :

TUESDAY OCT. 19, 2010 at the SHAMOKIN AREA HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM AT 6:30pm

We are asking that everyone that can possibly attend to please be there . This is probably the single most important meeting for this park to become a reality. This is the time for you to show your support !

I want to thank all of you for your continued interest and support and we look forward to seeing you at this very important meeting.

Barry
MB4-94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #51
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Signed.

Now the wait begins. Time to start thrashing on the ZJ.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #52
chevy6bt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

hope this goes through, i been wheeling and riding out there in the past, and its a bad *** place. sum of the locals are alittle crazy, i recommend traveling with at least one hand gun.
chevy6bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #53
BigBass
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well its the gun loving state of PA thats an easy thing to do legally. I would definitely go here my girl has family we can stay with in Allentown. Not that close but she'll have a lot more fun that weekend if she can do family time and I can get a day of wheeling in.
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #54
R-code17815

If it opens I'm only about 30 mins away!!!
R-code17815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #55
Joeyicu
1998 ZJ 

any update on the progress/regress of this?
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Limited - Wifey's stock haul rig - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - 3.5 "IRO, 31s, a full sound system, 2 row rad, E Fan, 5.9 Limited Grill, no muffler - 1990 Nissan 300zx NA 5spd - Stillen Catback, a full sound system, 18" Rota p45r's - 2003 Aprilia SL1000 Falco - Slip-On's, Arrow Chip, Airbox Mod - 1984 Ford F250 6.9 Diesel - 093 ATS Turbo Kit
Joeyicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #56
Mike406
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Jersey Jeepers

Hey guys, we wanna help get it up and running.
Mike406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #57
cj8mike
1984 CJ8 

there will be an other public meeting in january, once dates are set i will post it up
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #58
MB4-94

Update.....

The Anthracite Outdoor Recreational Area project is progressing forward. We are still working on the Master Site Development Plan that is scheduled to be completed early next year. Then there will be the third and final public meeting sometime in Feb or March.
In the Spring we will resume giving tours of the project area to clubs and organizations. By that time we will be able to tell you exactly how your club (or individuals) can get involved and be a part of this project.
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #59
MB4-94

Note to Mike .....

The engineering firm asked for an extension of time due to the vast amount of information they have received. The Steering Committee granted them an extension so the public meeting that was going to be in January , will now be held a little later .
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #60
stearman42
1985 CJ7 

I have just taken the time to read through quite a bit on here, the "Yes Yes Yes to Northumblerland County OHV Park" facebook page, as well as the "No No No to Northumberland County OHV Park" facebook page. I have posted on BOTH pages wall's with some solutions, and comments that I hope will help everyones mind on the issues of the proposed park.

I would strongly encourage you to join the "Yes Yes Yes to Northumberland County OHV Park" facebook page if you are a member of facebook, and help to answer opponent's questions in a clear, accurate, man to man, women to women, from experience answer in a POLITE way.

If you do not read anything else on this post, I beg you to READ THIS section here. People, you MUST realize we CAN NOT make this park a reality unless we WORK TOGETHER with the opposition, with much of it being made up of the locals. Their elected officials are the ones who can make this happen, or make this project sink. In a time where people are extremely politically motivated, we must PLEASE THE LOCALS if we EVER want to see this happen. This doesn't mean we have to wine and dine them, but we need to WORK TOGETHER, answer questions, and provide solutions to the reasons they do not want the park. I know for a fact that the MAJORITY of us on the Jeep Forum from the Eastern PA area are RESPONSIBLE wheelers and riders, and we must make that known unto the opponents in a polite, non threatening, non forceful way. We must be kind, cheerful, answer their questions on a first hand base, and not get upset over an irate opponent, and not be irate from the start, or back at the opponent. We can only do this if we make it a win for everyone. If it does happen, we want to be friendly with them, and to get respect and friendliness back in return, we must make them happy from the beginning. So PLEASE remember all of this and refrain from making ANY comments, as each comment made saying "this will do this this and this for your town" provides them an opportunity to fight back and raise your own blood pressure, and consequently cause you to make a comment you may regret later. A silent majority can do a lot these days, and we must be the ones who are the silent majority. Thank you for reading and following this!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.