Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Local Jeeps & Trails

3K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  BadMudderTJ 
#1 ·
Looking for fellow Jeepers around the "Central Pennsylvania" area to share trail locations & go on trail rides with.

#2 ·
south central PA

#4 ·
Hanover, where you riding? we got a trails rd thread that is in delta though. I have rode threw the Michaux state Forest i have a 93 Zj with 5.5" lift and front long arms but i recently ripped a upper control arm bracket off the body so im kinda out of service till i get it welded or upgrade to rear long arm. Also got a 94 Zj with around 2" wich is our DD but is still very capable. whats up with your Jeep? have you bin to Rausch Creek yet?http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...CCTA7zvQPOljG7cYA&sig2=EVODFQanGvNAxRbZDcW10ghttp://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...CCTA7zvQPOljG7cYA&sig2=EVODFQanGvNAxRbZDcW10g

#5 ·
I am about 15 mins from you, Mt Holly Springs(just south of carlisle). I have a frankenstein cj5 and I am building my wife a soa yj. That probably will not be finished until summer.
Other than rausch creek and the dirt roads around michaux I dont know of any legal wheeling.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I have heard of Trails Rd & watched videos on Youtube...definitely a trip I would like to take. We have been going up to Mount Holly Springs & wheeling on Ridge Road. There are several trails off of the main run just wide enough for a vehicle...but not something to do alone. Never been to Rausch Creek but would like to plan a trip. Also would like to head to Centralia, PA, & plan to return to Butler, PA for Bantam Festival. Youtube has been a good source for offroad destinations.
I have an '01 TJ Wrangler with a 4" lift, 33s, quick disconnects on front suspension, & I think some drivetrain work.

#8 ·
yeah that Centralia, PA seems like a wild place i'd like to check out

#17 ·
Hey all, I'm in the Bellefonte area and have an '84 cj...it's not registered so I don't know if you want to be seen with me, but I have taken it out a couple different places and haven't had any issues...bloody skillet and haneysville. These are DCNR ATV places but I even got a wave from a ranger once, I guess since I wasn't tearing anything up or being stupid... Any legal wheeling you find would be great and I am always up for a jeep trip. Willing to do Rausch Creek some time but man is it expensive, 15 a year plus 35 a trip plus 7 if you want to take a passenger, oh and a two and a half hour drive towing my jeep there so almost 50 in gas. Makes me miss my home in KY...tons of places to go.

#21 ·
Im not sure I went with a group of four total and I like the smaller group I think anywhere between 3-5 rigs is a good size. Too many and you end up getting spread out. having a cb is almost a must too it makes easy communication about like trail choices.

#23 ·
Hey all, I'm up in Millersburg, PA... I only got my Jeep in Sept and haven't been able to afford any mods yet. First thing is new tires though. I'm always game for some wheeling though. Only thing I've found are a couple back roads and light trails outside my town, no idea how legal/illegal they are however lol.

#24 ·
Wifey & I planning to take a trip to Trails Rd, in Delta, PA @ the end of February. We are also looking to go to Rausch Creek @ the end of March...depending on how Trails Rd goes.
Exact dates to be determined by Friday. Would like to keep group to no more than 6or7 rigs including my own. If interested, let me know.

#25 ·
possibly heading down Trails RD this Sunday if Im able to get my control arm Bracket welded back on if you wanna check it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.