Lehigh Valley wheelin spots? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Lehigh Valley wheelin spots?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #46
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBanion View Post
Its like a powerline trail, or service road for the powerlines maybe. To get to it you go through someones driveway. Not sure who owns it though. The driveway that takes you to it has a big wrangler parked in it though
So is it actually legal? Has anyone contacted the local PD to get permission to wheel there?

rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #47
tyleehax
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, when you look at Google Maps it says it is part of the Rodale Reserve.
tyleehax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #48
JayBanion
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I think someone mentioned already that they had stoped at the house and asked before they went and they got the OK.
Unread 12-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #49
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
What is that place, just someone's private property that they let people drive on?
Quote:
Its like a powerline trail, or service road for the powerlines maybe. To get to it you go through someones driveway. Not sure who owns it though. The driveway that takes you to it has a big wrangler parked in it though
Its someones private property with powerlines running through it. I went to the owners house and asked permission early this year and got it. Their son owns the jeep (37" tires for wheeling) and helped make some of the trails back their.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #50
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
So is it actually legal? Has anyone contacted the local PD to get permission to wheel there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleehax View Post
Well, when you look at Google Maps it says it is part of the Rodale Reserve.
Quote:
I think someone mentioned already that they had stoped at the house and asked before they went and they got the OK.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #51
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

is anyone going to summit lawn anytime soon? I am in Whitehall so I'm only about 15-20 min away from their. I am a newbie to real offroading and looking to learn. The most I've done so far are the hunting roads I drive during deer season in the Poconos.
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #52
Reds82
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Ill prob head back again if you guys go on a saturday or sunday depending on how I work
Reds82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #53
BJeep1983
2011 JK Wrangler 

Jk

Anyone heading out wheelin anytime soon?? Not looking to go anywhere to far just some place local.

07 Steel Blue Wrangler JK, 2.5" Skyjacker Suspension lift, 33x12.5x16 Cepek tires on 16x8 procomp wheels, Mastercraft grab handles, (4) KC Slimlites
BJeep1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #54
steve&2jc's
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yes! I'm going to change the oil in the wifes car, eat lunch and probably head up to summit lawn this afternoon. I've got to get out for a little bit, it's been a while and today should be a nice day.
steve&2jc's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #55
Reds82
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Was thinkin of heading up today too but looks like my buddies truck needs some wrenching first
Reds82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #56
andyroos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

See my new post on Lehigh Valley

See my new post on Lehigh Valley
andyroos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #57
Fenoff
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Check Out This Local Off Road PArk Just Opened Kinda:)

www.Fenoffsbluemtclub.com

Right Here In The Northen Lehigh Valley!
Email For Directions./Address.

Membership Drive This Sat At 10:00AM Free food And Notary On Site 10-12
25 Bucks A Head Per Month UnlimitedAccess Dawn Till Dusk
Fenoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #58
tyleehax
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you look on google maps, the area in Summit Lawn is labeled as a Rodale Reserve. There are always people jogging on it.

Thanks Fenoff, I look forward to checking it out! We need a legitimate spot around here.
tyleehax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #59
andyroos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I was out at Fennoff's again today with a few senior guys (and i don't mean in terms of age) from Blue Mountain Jeep Aliance. If you want to learn more about this property and other opinions follow thread here -

BMJA Message Forums :: View topic - Found this on craiglist

Lets ralley around this guy and get this property ready for the nice weather. Its in our back yard!!!
andyroos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2010, 04:55 AM   #60
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

for anyone interested in summit still...after the mud pits there are two "trails" one goes off straight and is a relatively technical rock climb, the other goes to the left and is not that bad...i have a 3 in lift on the xj and i can traverse it with ease...if you take that all the way up it levels off and goes back a lil bit to another nice mud hole and off to the left there is an easy trail back out that takes you back down to lanze rd...just in case anyone saw that climb to the left and thought bout where it goes, informer....only thing that sux is someone made a barrier after that last mud hole and you can't really go any further back, it's like a tree laying accross...otherwise you could keep going up the powerlines all the way back to who knows where....

as for fenoff's i've seen more and more ads for it on CL and now on here...and looked through the forum...seems like a good start up place, hope it keeps going...
01CHEEKEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.