Lehigh Valley wheelin spots? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Lehigh Valley wheelin spots?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #31
94redGrand
1994 ZJ 

I wasn't able to today. Ill give you a call tomorrow if i can make it out.

94redGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #32
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01CHEEKEE View Post

wifey worked a double today and after all the talkin botu summit lawn i figured i'd take a hike up there n see how it was...it was ok, the one water hole actually had a lil mud to play in but for the most part it was relatively dry...these are a few pix i got, the last two i climbed the rock near the creek and got a lil toooo high and thought i was gonna tip, so i backed off just a lil for the pic...

i think it would really rock if someone had a backhoe or something and could dig a few more holes up there, or one big one kinda in the middle so it's not so close to the woods...the hole w/ the mud is all the way to the right near the trees and **** so it makes it hard to actually play in the mud...

enjoy

Looks good man. Its about time you get that thing going How are the leafs treating you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds82 View Post
Cool looks fun. Think a Dakota on like 32's would make it back? I have access to a backhoe just no way to really move it plus its kinda big
Youll definatly be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds82 View Post
Cool thanks for the info anyone know how to get a hold of the owner I'm on probation right now for somethings and dont want to screw it up.
I have been back there and personally asked the owner if its alright.

Yes its fine just tread lightly.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #33
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94redGrand View Post
I wasn't able to today. Ill give you a call tomorrow if i can make it out.
Hey I know you. Your friends with Hunter I think.

Remember the Doorless Cherokee that went to Emmaus?

Unread 11-22-2009, 03:26 AM   #34
94redGrand
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92XJCowboy View Post
Hey I know you. Your friends with Hunter I think.

Remember the Doorless Cherokee that went to Emmaus?
Yeah I've seen it around. It was green or a dark color right?
94redGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #35
tyleehax
2006 TJ Wrangler 

wheeling spots

I have heard about 145, but haven't been there. I'm almost ready for my first trip to RC though.

ETA:

I took a trip to Summit Lawn today, for my first off road experience, other than just dirt roads and mud holes. I didn't drive all the way across the creek because I was alone, but it looks pretty nice. I need to get a couple people from school to go (I think there are maybe 2-3 jeeps that off-road at Emmaus).

Last edited by tyleehax; 11-22-2009 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: more info
tyleehax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #36
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

im near quakertown and also was looking for some spots
APEDZ04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #37
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

Leaves are great man!!! I emailed ya after I got em on, wasn't sure if ya got it or not...actually just finished up the front today, love it...how's the project coming?
01CHEEKEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #38
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94redGrand View Post
Yeah I've seen it around. It was green or a dark color right?
Its paint was green yes but it was almost always covered in some type of mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleehax View Post
I have heard about 145, but haven't been there. I'm almost ready for my first trip to RC though.

ETA:

I took a trip to Summit Lawn today, for my first off road experience, other than just dirt roads and mud holes. I didn't drive all the way across the creek because I was alone, but it looks pretty nice. I need to get a couple people from school to go (I think there are maybe 2-3 jeeps that off-road at Emmaus).
Youll be fine going back there just to explore. Dont go up the hill climb/rock trail (youll know it when you see it) alone though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJeeper92 View Post
im near quakertown and also was looking for some spots
Check around for directions to summit lawn and go have fun. There is also the reading anthracite company and Rausch creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01CHEEKEE View Post
Leaves are great man!!! I emailed ya after I got em on, wasn't sure if ya got it or not...actually just finished up the front today, love it...how's the project coming?
I just looked for your email and somehow I missed it. Good to hear though. Right now I am waiting on a drive shaft for my truck so I can haul all my scrap metal away and get a little bit more involved with the jeep.

Unread 11-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #39
Reds82
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Drove in here today had fun took some of the trails
Reds82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #40
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

on monday i actually was up there again, decided fcuk it let's take the powerline trail to the left after the mud pit...takin my time climbin up it wasn't that bad...just gotta watch your lines as there are a few rocks that are kinda tall...i worked slowly around em but once i got to the top it flattens out to more of a dirt road/path...there was even a lil campsite where i could tell someone had made a fire...then it continues all the way up south mountain...but i found a lil road that leads back out to teh main road...it made a nice lil loop...i'll b makin that from now on instead of goin back down accross the creek...

also i did actually go UP the creek for liek 25 feet that was fun/easy too...there's a lil spot to climb back up onto the trail too...check it out...
Unread 12-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #41
JayBanion
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I went up there tonight, it was dark by the time I got there. But it was pretty good, I wheeled around for a bout a half hour. Went accross the creek, past the pits, and up to like a dead end. I didnt take any of the other trails off to the side I might head up tommrow during the day and explore more. At the dead end there was a kind of a mound where the two poles for the powerline is set goin up that steep mound and squeezing through the poles and back down was kinda cool. Was about a cm away from takin out my rocker on the rock lol.

Jay
Unread 12-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #42
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

If you go pastthe pits and take the trail to the left instead of the one that's straighter, it takes you up a lil climb then flattens out and can either keep goin up the lines (didn't go that far yet) or to the left and it makes a loop back through some driveway lookin trail that goes back to the main road
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #43
JayBanion
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Went back today in the day time, I wish I saw your post today before I left and I would have went that way. Oh well. Heres some pics

Unread 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #44
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What is that place, just someone's private property that they let people drive on?
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #45
JayBanion
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Its like a powerline trail, or service road for the powerlines maybe. To get to it you go through someones driveway. Not sure who owns it though. The driveway that takes you to it has a big wrangler parked in it though

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.