Lancaster County Jeepers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Lancaster County Jeepers

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #46
flex235
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Won't be able to go Saturday. I have a set of triplets. 2 boys and a girl who are 9 and the boys play football for manheim twp and my daughter cheers on Saturday. When are the meetings and are there any due's? Most important when are we going wheeling?

Unread 10-07-2011, 03:46 AM   #47
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex235
Thanks! Won't be able to go Saturday. I have a set of triplets. 2 boys and a girl who are 9 and the boys play football for manheim twp and my daughter cheers on Saturday. When are the meetings and are there any due's? Most important when are we going wheeling?
wow you have your hands full!! no dues as of yet, meetings we're gonna try to figure those out soon same with wheeling. we're just getting started. if you need help wrenching holler here and hopefully someone will be able to help. if you're going wheeling let us know and we'll be there with bells on.
littlethimble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #48
CBDelux
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey flex, As my wife littlethimble said, we are just getting started but I do have a garage to work out of, and more then likely when we do get together, its going to be to work on someones jeep. Anyway, welcome to the club
Unread 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #49
flex235
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I'll definitely need a hand wrenching soon. I plan on ordering new shocks for the rear of my Tj and I'd like to start learning how to do my own wrenching. I'm fairly new but I'm a quick learner and if anyone needs an extra hand I'd def like to help and get involved.
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #50
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! I'll definitely need a hand wrenching soon. I plan on ordering new shocks for the rear of my Tj and I'd like to start learning how to do my own wrenching. I'm fairly new but I'm a quick learner and if anyone needs an extra hand I'd def like to help and get involved.
we'll be doing the front and rear shocks on my tj in the next two or three weeks here at the house so if you come over you might learn a thing or two before tearing into your own tj.
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #51
CBDelux
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Flex, best thing to do is if you are going to put rear shocks on, you might want to put fronts on at the same time. And feel free to ask if you need help with anything
Unread 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #52
mcgr21
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was hoping to meet you guys tomorrow...but I'm going to go into for work for some ot. I'm building two axles so I need some money.
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #53
flex235
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlethimble

we'll be doing the front and rear shocks on my tj in the next two or three weeks here at the house so if you come over you might learn a thing or two before tearing into your own tj.
Please let me know when you do cause I would love to lend a hand and learn. CB I think I will do both and just get it out of the way thanks and I sure will let everyone know when I do cause I would like to have someone experienced on hand in case I goof. Lol
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #54
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i got my shocks and bb from Aor for $235 shipped to my door.
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #55
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgr21
I was hoping to meet you guys tomorrow...but I'm going to go into for work for some ot. I'm building two axles so I need some money.
completely understandable mcgr21.
Unread 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #56
flex235
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlethimble View Post
i got my shocks and bb from Aor for $235 shipped to my door.
You all please excuse the rookie questions but what is a bb and who is AOR and what kind of shocks did you get. I'm hoping to order mine soon. I have 9 year old shocks on my Tj and need to replace them soon. I had Pete over at Rebmans Offroad Central install the Bar Pin Eliminater kit and he suggested I replace them.
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #57
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You all please excuse the rookie questions but what is a bb and who is AOR and what kind of shocks did you get. I'm hoping to order mine soon. I have 9 year old shocks on my Tj and need to replace them soon. I had Pete over at Rebmans Offroad Central install the Bar Pin Eliminater kit and he suggested I replace them.
A bb is a budget boost, it's a 2" lift that is done by placing spacers in the springs. AOR is Allen's Off Road, he's on the forums and if you send him a Private message on what you need he'll let you know the price. My kit is by Zone and was about half of the cost for a similar kit from Quadratec or 4wd.com.
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #58
rightjab
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Xj

I'm at the wa wa in parksburg.... Thought that was the one by 40... Going to head over to quadratec... See you guys there
rightjab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #59
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightjab
I'm at the wa wa in parksburg.... Thought that was the one by 40... Going to head over to quadratec... See you guys there
hey jab, sorry we missed you. next time we'll exchange cell numbers. did you get some deals? we got a clutch kit for th Yj and a headlight conversion for the Tj
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #60
littlethimble
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking at a couple of wheeling ideas for us, a trip to the Pine Barrens in NJ, a trip to Tower Road near Harrisburg and for next spring a trip to Old Dogs Off Road in Winchester, Va. Old Dogs would probably be a weeked event since it's about 3 hours away from Lancaster. I've got their card to call them about the details.
What days work better for everyone for wheeling, wrenching or meeting? oh one thing we did talk about yesterday was getting a real name decided on and a logo so we can get stickers and shirts and whatever else made. Does everyone like the name Lancaster County Jeepers? Please feel free to throw out other suggestions. (other suggestions have been Amish Country Jeeps, Red Rose Jeeps, and Dutch Country Jeeps) For the logo a member had a great idea An Amish Buggy with Mudder Tires or some other aggressive looking tire. Stickey Lee gave me a quote of a one time $70 charge to set up the artwork and then depending on the style of sticker we want the price would be around $8 each. what style of sticker would you want? an oval or round style or a longer one that we could put in the hoods similar to those that Jeep Forum and Wrangler Forum offer for their paid subscriptions? your thoughts please? also, i'd like to start a website of some sort either on yahoo groups, facebook, or google groups so that we can merge the two groups i have on the forums onto one page. The current Facebook page for the group is https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/210490965681922/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.