Just wanted to give a heads up! Shamokin Trail Ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Just wanted to give a heads up! Shamokin Trail Ride

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
foxchr54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to give a heads up! Shamokin Trail Ride

I just wanted to let anyone who would be interested in a trail ride this holiday weekend me and a few friends are heading out. Its most likely goin to be saturday afternoon or maybe after dinner im not sure yet. i will repost the time after i talk to my buddies. all are welcome to join just send me a PM. thanks

chris

Unread 06-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
foxchr54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

pictures

here are some pictures i have taken in the past just to give people a heads up on the terrain... any stocky can make it no problem.
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
JOEGUYZXJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Your Pics Didnt work ! Where is this place i have drove to shamokin and treverton trying to find something ! but only have found the hill climbs and the atv parts no jeeps or trucks , a former boss at work said he lived down there as a kid and it used to be called mud road ? A few of us from the hazleton area would like to go and give it a look around thinking about doing a wheeling camping trip in october and have yet to decide on the place yet !but someone has said about doing it here , any directions would help or a name of a road where the trails could be found or just some good old directions i have posted 2 pics in the unusall places post on the home page that i found on the internet anyone that has a idea please help ! thanks
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
foxchr54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/chrisf8/ here are the pics

as in directions its hard to find if ya dont know the area but i would be glad to take ya out sometime. if u want my cell and let me knwo when ur comin id be happy to take ya out
Unread 01-31-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
QPkid
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Were in the Liverpool PA area and we have gone to shamokin multiple times only to be dissapointed to not find "Mud road". We found th eplace witha cone tied to a tree and that was just a dead end. Please help
QPkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

just go over to Trevorton, take 2044 south about 1.5-2 miles and enter the trails on either side of the road. if by "mud road" they mean the section I'm thinking of be careful. the mudholes appear easy until you enter them and realize some monster truck with a set of 49's has dug trenches. think of taking a backhoe and digging out a small swimming pool and then filling it level with the ground... lots of fun if your set up for it. it's a great area to wheel.
mikd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
QPkid
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thankyou for directions

We do not have anything special. Just a truck with a 4in lift and 35 MTR's. about 350hp. We would like to find mud that wont swallow us yet put up a challenge.
QPkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

No problem! take some pic/vid when you go. I take my bike's and rzr there as often as I can. Last time I was there a group of jeep cherokee's was havin a real good time, looked like they were gettin ready for some night wheelin as well.

Bring your GPS! makes life a lot easier in that place.
mikd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.