Just moved to hanover, now what? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Just moved to hanover, now what?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 08-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just moved to hanover, now what?

Hey, i just moved on down to Hanover from Montana....now what? Any good wheeling spots, and any shops that'd be able to install stuff, i heard of a place down in Dover, if someone could give me more info that'd be helpful, thanks
-Kris

jeepmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Showtime3492
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmt View Post
Hey, i just moved on down to Hanover from Montana....now what? Any good wheeling spots, and any shops that'd be able to install stuff, i heard of a place down in Dover, if someone could give me more info that'd be helpful, thanks
-Kris
Hey whats up. welcome to pa, theres a few hot wheeling spots rausch creek, trails rd. The place in dover would be called mt zion offroad. My personal advice before going to them is do it yourself. Pricey and overated IMO. Seems to be the consensus amongst my circle of jeep friends. Pm me if you want a hand workin on anythin or wanna go wheeling. Im a welder and i build just about everything for jeeps. Theres not too much in hanover but Pa as a whole has a decent 4x4 scene.

2000 XJ--- 4.6 stroker. Saved from the grave- everything swapped or modded. I hate this thing :)
Showtime3492 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
unlimited06
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
-Kris
Welcome to PA! I live in the Philadelphia area (Deleware County). I'm headed up to Rausch Creek Offroad park this saturday the 11th if you want to head up. May be and hour and a half drive from you in Tremont PA. 2 hours for me. Awesome ORV park. All different levels of trails.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f352/...-11th-1399333/

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/#

Also me and a group I wheel with are headed down to Big Dogs Offroad Park in Winchester VA Aug 24-26th. I haven't been there yet but the place looks awesome. Open to the public.
http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index.html
Unread 08-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey thanks for the invite, gonna get the lift on first before i go out wheelin', liked your build, check with me next month
Unread 08-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
unlimited06
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey thanks for the invite, gonna get the lift on first before i go out wheelin', liked your build, check with me next month
After the Big Dogs ORV park run at the end of this month, I think i'm gonna do another run in September. Somewhere in Pa. I'll post up. I'm sorry I didn't post my build thread on JF but it would have been too much work to post on both forums and NJJA is more of a local group for me.
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

I talked to the the guys at Mt Zion today, they gave me a pretty good price, it was a little higher becaus i decided to get the LOD rear bumper w/the tire swing, should be all lifted and ready to beat by September. Curtis told me about how a group of guys head down to raush creek during the last sunday of every month, didnt kno if you knew anything about that. But check up with me next month, im lookin forward to wheelin
Unread 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
unlimited06
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I talked to the the guys at Mt Zion today, they gave me a pretty good price, it was a little higher becaus i decided to get the LOD rear bumper w/the tire swing, should be all lifted and ready to beat by September. Curtis told me about how a group of guys head down to raush creek during the last sunday of every month, didnt kno if you knew anything about that. But check up with me next month, im lookin forward to wheelin
Rausch is pretty big. I've gone there some days and you would hardly see anybody else in there and other times were so crowded that you'd get hend up on different trails. Personally, I like when the park is empty.
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
dillon98tj

There is a creek in lineboro with some rocks in it it's not to challenging but better than nothing and a little bit of mud I'm not sure if it's legal or not but I've been there a lot and other people have we've never seen anyone there that hasn't been wheeling it I forgot the rd but I can pm you it once I remember I'm going tommorrow I'll post some better pics of it
dillon98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon98tj View Post
There is a creek in lineboro with some rocks in it it's not to challenging but better than nothing and a little bit of mud I'm not sure if it's legal or not but I've been there a lot and other people have we've never seen anyone there that hasn't been wheeling it I forgot the rd but I can pm you it once I remember I'm going tommorrow I'll post some better pics of it
thanks, ill take a look when you get em up
Unread 08-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
ExpeditionXJ

Stayed a night in Kalispell a few months back on my Montana vacation... why the hell would you leave?! I fell in love with Polebridge where i had a Cabin.

Welcome to Pa...
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpeditionXJ View Post
Stayed a night in Kalispell a few months back on my Montana vacation... why the hell would you leave?! I fell in love with Polebridge where i had a Cabin.

Welcome to Pa...
It's complicated, but the main reason is My Dad got a job down here, missing the flathead valley already. Hanover's alright, im looking forward to making a trip down to Raush Creek sometime.
Unread 08-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon98tj View Post
interested in this info I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime3492 View Post
Theres not too much in hanover
wait a minute im in hanover O-o

I can valge for showtime's work he has helped me out tremendously
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #13
ExpeditionXJ

My son and i went to Hanover about a year ago and picked up a built MJ we found on CL.

While sitting at the tag/notary we saw a ZJ lifted with white wagon wheels... anyone here? Quite a few lifted rigs in Hanover
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpeditionXJ View Post
My son and i went to Hanover about a year ago and picked up a built MJ we found on CL.

While sitting at the tag/notary we saw a ZJ lifted with white wagon wheels... anyone here? Quite a few lifted rigs in Hanover
mj sounds cool, what came with it?
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Kris how bout a pic of your JK maybe I have seen it around
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.