just moved to GAP PA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > just moved to GAP PA

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

just moved to GAP PA

Anyone know of any trails around here or a club. I see a lot of jeeps in the area.

bboylobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
chadsweigart
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Two of us are going wheeling tomorrow at Rausch Creek just north of Harrisburg on Wednesday if you're interested
chadsweigart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

i'm limited to weekend runs due to my work schedule. Unless i take a day off on Friday or something. Keep me in your loop though. I am interested in getting out there to rausch creek. bboylobo@gmail.com My name is Favyan
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
chadsweigart
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. Fridays are usually doable for me. Have you ever been to Rausch Creek? What's your rig setup?
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jk Sahara, 4 inch pro comp lift, 35 inch mickey thompsons. Rough country bumper 12000 lbs Winch setup. No lockers
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
chadsweigart
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You will do ok on the moderate to rough stuff. May have a few issues without lockers but that's what the winch is for
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
chadsweigart
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We are doing an organized trail ride with the PA jeep club at Rausch creek on the 30th as well.
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #8
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

Is there a club I must join to participate? Sounds like something my wife and I can check out. How much is it?
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #9
chadsweigart
2003 TJ Wrangler 

pajeeps.org

They have monthly meetings in York PA. $50 per year. You don't need to be a member for the 30th.
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the area. Lancaster County Jeeps & Friends is a social club with no dues, we usually try to have atleast one event a month, either a Show, trail ride or get together. We have a few events scheduled now some members are heading to the Jeff Daniels show in Harleysville PA on the 29th, we have a trail ride at Rausch Creek Oct 6th, and some of us are heading to Grass Roots Jeep Show in NJ November 10th.

We do most of our communication through our facebook page, you can send a request to join the group here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/293609860717817/
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

Cool, i dont have a facebook but my wife does, ill have her check out the site. I am going to see if i can gather some people to head out on either the 30th or the 7th of october. Im looking forward to taking my rig off road. i havent had the chance to do anything serious with it yet. Thanks guys.
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
stearman42
1985 CJ7 

Your not far from me if your in Gap. I'm up near Witmer/Leola area. Working on a '85 CJ-7 currently. There really are no trails in Lancaster County, unless you like some gravel roads in the forest. The closest place is R.C. for some real wheeling. Last I heard there was a group of guys trying to start a Lancaster Jeep club but most are members of PA Jeeps which has already been mentioned. Lancaster Jeepers are pretty much on a hang-out basis...no real official organization and it's kinda nice that way.
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
chadsweigart
2003 TJ Wrangler 

PA jeeps is having a trail ride on the 30th. Myself and several others will be there all day.
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #14
Wildace

i live in Coatesville recently moved here from Va and ive been looking for some places to wheel also, i have been told about a trail on the back side of Parkesburg
Wildace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #15
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

i just moved to GAP (20 minuets away), i work in Coatesville at the ArcelorMittal Steel plant. I don't know of any trails out here yet but if you find something, PM me and we can check it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.