July 21 - Amelia's Angels ride to benefit the cystic fibrosis foundation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > July 21 - Amelia's Angels ride to benefit the cystic fibrosis foundation

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

July 21 - Amelia's Angels ride to benefit the cystic fibrosis foundation

Event Info:
1st annual "Amelia's Angels" Cystic Fibrosis benefit ride

Event Date:
July 21, 2012

Event Location:
Bigrubbers4x4 - DOE Valley located in PA (property directions are coming)

Cost: 25.00 per jeep/driver (includes Tshirt)
5.00 per passenger or $10.00 per passenger with tshirt.

Due to the layout of the trails this ride will be capped at 100 rigs. This is to make sure that we have ample room for everyone to get a good day of wheeling in. Please pre-register at the link provided above. Additional tshirts can be purchased simply by adding a passenger. please just put "extra" in for their name.

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/251200

I'm pleased to announce that we are going to be doing a benefit ride for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Some of you may know that my 11 mo. old daughter has the delta f508 mutation of cystic fibrosis. The average age of someone with CF is 35. While that's an improvement over a few decades ago when most didn't live to be teenagers, it's still not good enough!

There have been recent advancements in the race to find a corrector for CF. Recently one has been found for a different mutation! it only applies to 4% of those with CF but it's a HUGE step in the right direction! it also is giving validity to the research that's being done. Cures follow research, research follows the money. So this ride isnt' to raise awareness. It's to help find a cure!

Big rubbers 4x4 has GENEROUSLY offered the use of their property at no fee! so 100% of all the proceeds will go directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! This is a private off road club so the only time you can wheel it is during their benefits!

Details will be added to this initial post as well as cost, events, and prizes. But it will be a very affordable ride and we have some great prizes headed our way!

In case you've never seen a pic. Here's my daughter Amelia:

Posting on JKO:

and more importantly to you guys.. check out some of the wheeling at this property!!!!!

There's mud too if that's your thing:

Stay tuned for updates!!!!

Unread 05-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bump...I hope she is doing well Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
Bump...I hope she is doing well Ryan.

Thanks man,

She's doing well. Better than her parents lol. She takes all the treatments and therapies like a champ. I'll have to post a vid of her in her vest.

tickets are selling at a steady pace and i have a large area of my basement filling up with prizes lol. looking good so far!

yesterday Amelia turned 1... and was sporting a donald trump onion loaf hair style

And we also added a little inspiration for her on her bedroom wall:

Unread 06-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bump

Unread 06-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rich you going up for this?

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

No Remo, as always gotta work. I wish I could go . It's a great cause though. I missed you at 'thaw I was there Sunday and didn't break anything.

Unread 06-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Less than a month before the ride! Still lots of room left if you'd like to sign up. should be a great day out wheelin! lots of prizes sitting in my garage right now!
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #8
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Will the prizes be given out at the beginning or end of the day? Seriously thinking about going on this ride but probably will have to duck out early for the five hour ride home.
miceanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceanic View Post
Will the prizes be given out at the beginning or end of the day? Seriously thinking about going on this ride but probably will have to duck out early for the five hour ride home.
End of the day. I'm sure someone will hold your tickets for ya
Unread 07-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

No kidding lol, I actually got the wife to join me which means hotel for the night so I'll be there for the day. Should be fun
miceanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! we'll see ya out there tomorrow!
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just want to extend a huge thank you to big rubbers for all the support and donating 100% of the proceeds to the cf foundation. Thank you steel city offroad for helping guide, and thank you to everyone that came out and have so generously. I was blown away by the generosity of everyone that came and even those that couldn't make it. Even the winner of the 50/50 gave the $ back! I had a whole speech that I was going to give thanking everyone and I completely forgot lol. Next year I have some ideas to make things run more smoothly on my end of things.

We raised about 2200 bucks! I'm ecstatic about that. On a rainy weekend while competing with the all breeds jeep show I think that's a decent donation! The check for pre registration will get here in 5-10 days and then I'm going to cut the cff a check for the donation. Thank you so much again everyone.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.