Jeep Death wobble in PA, needing people to come forward!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Jeep Death wobble in PA, needing people to come forward!!

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
NEastUnlmtd
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayedsena View Post
Also, does anyone know if a bad stabilizer shock could cause the death wobble? We are trying to get my mother in law's jeep figured out too.
It could but probably in combination with other issues, like yours was. Does it pull right or left going down a straight flat road? How are her tires? How many miles? You should be an expert on this now right?

NEastUnlmtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayedsena View Post
Also, does anyone know if a bad stabilizer shock could cause the death wobble? We are trying to get my mother in law's jeep figured out too.
Steering stabilizers are never the cause of, or solution to, death wobble. I do not use one. Many don't and never have death wobble.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
Tmblack3
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i know they may not cause the death wobble, but when i couldnt drive my jeep over 40 mph on a perfectly smooth road because of death wobble and i bolt on a $30 skyjacker steering stabilizer and it fixes it completely, that looks like a solution to me. 15000 miles on it with that.
04 TJ Sport- Kicker System, Smittybilt XRC-8 Winch, Cherry Bomb 18" Glasspack, 3" Zone Hydro Suspension Lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2, 15x8 Procomp 7069, Aussie Locker front Dana 30, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, 4 100w Hella 500s
Tmblack3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

At most it's a cover, masking the real issue that is constantly getting worse.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
xxmikewalshxx
1997 ZJ 

Rats post is correct, a stabilizer does not fix the problem(s) related to DW.
All Stock save for one track arm bushing, one Plenumn gasket, one Thremostat, one Magnaflow Muff, some vacum crap and roof accessories. Just added, loads of burn marks, melted plastic, tires, paint, smoke tinted glass.......
xxmikewalshxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.