Inspection Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Inspection Question

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Ugh!
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Inspection Question

Anyone know the limit a tire can stick out past the flare and pass inspection in PA ? Also is it measured at the narrowest point of the flare or the widest?

Thanks

Ugh! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

I took mine to the dealer and had trouble with this in May. Didn't pass cause of my Tires sticking out not even an inch past the flares. Went to a different place and they said it was fine and passed me.

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Avoid the dealer they go above and beyond the rule book so they get your money,a good shop would be a better choice and should let little things go once you have been with them for a bit.the law does state that the tire may not stick out past the flare so ya know.
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yea i got a stinger on my jeep and they said it stuck out to much, but the other place I went said the dealership was full of sh*t. I know where I'm going for my inspection all the time

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely depends where u go!

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Where in pa are you I'm in hatboro just outside Philly if your close I could give you a good place to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.