Drive up Camping north of Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, or Stroudsburg ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Drive up Camping north of Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, or Stroudsburg ?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
DeJeeps

Drive up Camping north of Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, or Stroudsburg ?

Hello Everyone

I'm kinda new to the area and I would like to take my kids on a 2 night camping trip in southeastern PA, I would like to do a very easy off road trail and then just find a nice spot for a camp site

Near a creek so the kids can do a little creek walkin

Looking a bit north of Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, or Stroudsburg ?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks a Bunch !!

DeJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
NEastUnlmtd
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I don't know how far Norht of Reading you are thinking but Locust Lake State Park in Schuylkill County is a fantastic spot to camp. If you go there, ride through and pick a site, don't just take whatever. It is worth the fees for me and with kids along it would be for you I bet as well. If you were planning to stick closer to Reading... between RT309 and 61 would be a good place to look, The Appalachian Trail runs between them.
NEastUnlmtd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
cory4um
1999 XJ Cherokee 

^^ I loved Locust Lake when i was a kid. Im not to far away from the campground, so it was our 'go to' place. Easy bike trail around the lake, beach, hiking trails boating etc etc..

If your looking for something other thn a campground. Schuylkill County (Pottsville, Minersville, St. Clair) area has many easy miles and miles of trails.
You can look into "Reading Anthracite Offroad Area" which (requires) a yearly permit... I have yet to run into anyone with a permit tho :/ RAOA website or google should get you maps of the area.
cory4um is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.