Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Centralia Pa

11K views 65 replies 19 participants last post by  tamiramos 
#1 · (Edited)
So today the girlfriend and I took a trip up to Centralia from York, if you're not familiar with the place it's definitely worth looking up. I went up there with the intentions of just looking around and exploring the abandoned town but ended up wheeling all day on old mining trails. It was by far the best day of wheeling I've had. As far as I know, it's legal, there aren't any signs anywhere saying you can't. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in meeting up and wheeling, exploring the town, etc. Let me know!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Smile

Here is some footage from the day,

See less See more
1 3
#2 ·
I was super disapointed when I went up there after the Topless for Tata's ride this year. I didn't see anything cool except for the graffiti highway. I was expecting to see gas coming out of the ground and whatnot, but I didn't find anything like that. I even asked a few other people exploring the town get directions. Nothing. I'm glad you had more fun out there than I did.

#3 ·
I went up there not expecting much, maybe that's why. There are so many trails just tucked away around there though. Definitely worth another shot if you're looking to do some wheeling man. If you wanna meet up we could do some exploring together sometime. Theres a lot more to that place than meets the eye.

#15 ·
Well, opening an offroad park on public land is not an easy thing around here. I believe they received their final approvals earlier this year and about a month or two ago they broke ground for some of the buildings. They've been doing private guided tours on the land and have run a Jeep Jamboree each of the last two years. They are absolutely making progress and we all owe the people behind it a big thank you given the scarcity of places like this in our area.

#19 ·
So today the girlfriend and I took a trip up to Centralia from York, if you're not familiar with the place it's definitely worth looking up. I went up there with the intentions of just looking around and exploring the abandoned town but ended up wheeling all day on old mining trails. It was by far the best day of wheeling I've had. As far as I know, it's legal, there aren't any signs anywhere saying you can't. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in meeting up and wheeling, exploring the town, etc. Let me know!

View attachment 672489

View attachment 672473

View attachment 672497

Here is some footage from the day,
looks pretty cool, i had no idea there were even trails up that way, i always just figured it was a ghost town on fire, did you see anybody in the town? i heard theres like 2 or 3 people that refused to leave even tho it was on fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.