Brother needs help in philly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Brother needs help in philly

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Brother needs help in philly

"after like 1 hour or more of sitting in traffic on hot days it was just stall and not be able to start until i wait like 45 minutes for it too cool down"

He is mechanically retarded, and lives in philly. I live in buffalo so I cant get to him to help. He is also kinda struggling right now and is right out of school and trying to get a job teachinbg but cant get anywhere cause of his 96 xj is stalling.

I recommended that he cleans his grounds but what else should i recommend. I heard the CPS likes to act up, but i would imagine it would still turn over. According to him it will not click crank nada.

would A relay cause this and if so which one should i suspect?

Any help is appreciated. If anyone is in philly and could lend a hand, i am sure he could supply some brews and I could paypal some cash.

toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
LimeLite
1978 CJ5 

I don't know about the cooling down part, but the no click/crank could be a cruddy neutral safety switch, maybe see if it starts in neutral or if back-up lights come on in reverse.

Ex-Member of offroad nuts
LimeLite is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.