Blair county. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Blair county.

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #76
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
I c, yeah man lemme no if u ever need ne help. My heep should b back on the road for good once I get my gears next week. After that I'm down to wheel it all spring/summer til it's broken again. I may need to start looking for another vehicle soon, duno how much longer my jeep will b street friendly. Hopefully awhile cuz I don't have the cash for a second ride lol
Where you the guy looking to check on that game lands roads?
if so , whens that happening?
I want to ad a tow point to the front of the tj , havent needed one yet but i'm getting almost stuck too many times lately.
I want to put a locker up front.
want to ad a tiny lift.
a winch maybe but i've noticed that so many times when i've almost been stuck there hasnt been a dam thing to hook onto anyhow.
looking at maybe that ford 8.8 rear end swap but no hurry for that hopefully.
and thats about all really.
31 tires once i wear the 30's down some more.

tj1997tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #77
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1997tj
Where you the guy looking to check on that game lands roads?
if so , whens that happening?
I want to ad a tow point to the front of the tj , havent needed one yet but i'm getting almost stuck too many times lately.
I want to put a locker up front.
want to ad a tiny lift.
a winch maybe but i've noticed that so many times when i've almost been stuck there hasnt been a dam thing to hook onto anyhow.
looking at maybe that ford 8.8 rear end swap but no hurry for that hopefully.
and thats about all really.
31 tires once i wear the 30's down some more.
Yeah man, whenever my jeep is back roadworthy. If I were u I would go with the front locker first. U won't believe the difference it'll make for u, u won't b getting stuck like u r now. It never hurts to have a winch tho but if u wheel with a buddy it's not a necessity. When u need it 8.8 hit up Johnny's upullit up mill run, there's prob 15 or more up there. There's dead explorers everywhere tho...if u need a tow point or nething like that welded on the front let me no as long as I'm not under my jeep I'm willing to help usually.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #78
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The locker will be first. I just hate taking it off the road for a bit when getting it done.
I don't work real fast esp in the cold.
The down time when I was getting the frame welded was depressing.
I have someone to do the welding for a tow point but have not found anything to weld on yet and not real sure where/how I want to locate it.
I have a winch bumper and thinking do I weld it onto the bumper in front of the frame but I don't think that's going to make me happy.

Half tempted to toss a set of tire chains in the back of it to after some crp ran into this winter.

Also I have a desire to pick up an xj also ....... as a recovery vehicle of course .... thats what I'm telling myself anyhow.

I'd like for a jeeper with alot of miles under their belt to take a look at my rig and answer some questions some time.

Matter of fact I think i'm going tomorrow to another spot to look over if anyone is interested. it'll be another 9:30am take off. Will check back later tonite and in the morning for any interested or Ch. 19 will be on and not going far away
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #79
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

goin miss out on all the fun
Unread 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #80
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so I went out today. New spot wasn't that great so ran around here and there , at one early point in the day I decide to grab some coffee and look what I see sitting in a parking lot .....i think he was texting
Or course I'm just bustin some stones in fun but had to take the pic

and then just some random pics

Unread 02-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #81
Sheetz15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea he was probably texting me. Im pretty sure I passed you going up the gap road right after that. If you ever get a chance to wheel on the weekends there's a chance one or both of us would be in
Sheetz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #82
BBToys
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hahaha i was texting you. boy that pic really makes me need bigger tires.
BBToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #83
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetz15 View Post
Yea he was probably texting me. Im pretty sure I passed you going up the gap road right after that. If you ever get a chance to wheel on the weekends there's a chance one or both of us would be in
I actually passed 3 wranglers before hitting the top of the mountain after I took the pic. Every one of them was heading in his direction , I thought a meeting may have been going on or something. The last wrangler to pass me had a jerry can where the spare tire shouldve been.
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #84
Sheetz15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yep that was me I'm in the process if designing/making a tire carrier to fold up over the gas can
Sheetz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #85
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I.d like to carry a jerry can , more for looks than anything. About every time before i head out , stopping and filling up is the first thing i do.
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #86
DirtRider1357
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ill be back in altoona tomorrow, the house im staying at is 2 min from the penn state campus. Just bought a 4 inch zone lift for my LJ too. still need to put it on tho.

flexing in my driveway on a cement project for a class.
DirtRider1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #87
squareeyes
1990 YJ Wrangler 

anyone going out tomorrow im heading up murph around 1:00 anyone interested
squareeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #88
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

"maybe" friday anyone? Went away for a few days and seen all kinds of places I'd liked to have wheeled if I had the time and the jeep with me
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #89
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This will be the next time I wheel....anyone want to test their Jeeps? Or just do the scenic ride...

image-2592470727.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #90
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It is very wet in the woods , mudholes are all deeper and longer.
Sank the drivers side wheels the other day in some soft stuff and jeep just about laid over on it's side ...... interesting.
Have a front locker on order.
Just an update

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.