Blair county. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Blair county.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #46
chriswj

yea i can help but i would have to give a better look see at it thats gonna be a b!tch around that control arm bracket but i think i could do it. As long as the metal inside that bracket is good it should be no problem

Unread 12-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #47
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks , I'm concerned about that also. See what the weather and this cold thing brings and see what happens. i pulled the remainder of my belt from underneath the jeep today so I can get a replacement. Wonder why that happened ...... rest of the belt looks good
tj1997tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #48
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Usually because a pulley is locked up, so the belt tries to move over it neway, causing it to tear. Normal culprits r power steering pump and alternator, but could just b a worn belt. Could b dry rotted n the cold made it worse...
PA_YJ19 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #49
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yup ...... its the alternator pulley.
ya know ....... they wasn't kidding about "just empty every pocket" where they?
at this rate i'll never be able to toss money at the good stuff like lockers and shocks , winches , etc , etc.
wouldnt be to bad if it was summer but its a little to cold and im a little to sick to be doing this crap outside , thinking i just may pull the battery and say screw it until spring gets here
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #50
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

should be back off road shortly. The belt that is called for did not fit ..... it was the correct listed belt but about 4 or 5 inches too short. it was the same as the belt that had broke but they must not have had it run correctly to fit it on , can't say tho cause i never actually traced the belt before it broke but think they may have bypassed an idler ..... have someone to do the welding ..... it's saveable and the rest of the frame is still good even the pass side rear trailing arm.
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #51
squareeyes
1990 YJ Wrangler 

let me know when you get back on the trail tj1997, we'll get together and hit some trails, only been doin this for about a year dont know any one in the area that goes muddin , or many places to go hope to hear from ya or anyone else
squareeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #52
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will be sure to do that.
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #53
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, frame is fixed. Just Had a fresh sticker put on it and it's time to wheel. "Kind of" wheelin wednesday and deff on thursday , not sure where i'm going. Mostly just bummin around here/there. Thursday will be taking off about 9am'ish
Unread 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #54
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

went , saw and concurred x2.
probably too buy too wheel until next week
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #55
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ne one up for ne snow wheeling tomorow? I feel like beating on the heap...
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #56
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Found a county map of Bellwood that has a jeep trail marked on it. Goes thru game lands but I no there r no gates in this area, i plan on going to check it out in the next couple weeks if ne1 is up for it.
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #57
chriswj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
Found a county map of Bellwood that has a jeep trail marked on it. Goes thru game lands but I no there r no gates in this area, i plan on going to check it out in the next couple weeks if ne1 is up for it.
if i have any gas money when it comes time im game
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #58
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Alright lemme no, I'm in no hurry its not going newhere. U get ur transfercase workin right yet?
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #59
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be game to go. Hoping to hook up with square eyes soon but I can't do anything if it's too icy in the woods , that tj slides around like a freakin tobaggan. Even on wet pavement I got to be careful.
Mud/rocks/dirt ..... o.k , slippy stuff ... not so much.
climbed an unknown road the other day and got to the point that backing down would not have been good so had to finish the climb, turn around and come down ............ , ended up in a spot where you need to brake but can't and that's not where I like to be. So I'm being careful at the moment.
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #60
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Cool we can wait til the snow melts, I'm going to go check it out and see if it really exists before I have us all meet up down there. My buddy lives right by it n tells me there is one that goes the wholeway up the mountain but he has never been that far on his go cart lol but according to him it should exist. The map I have was drawn by the county and is marked 2009.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.