Anyone in Shippensburg, PA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Anyone in Shippensburg, PA?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSave 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesJuly 4th Sale Event! and Yes, We're Open!

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
firejeep42

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone in Shippensburg, PA?

I go to school up here and see a ton of lifted jeeps up here. Any of you guys on here? Or is anyone from around on here? Is there any good wheelin up here?

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
secondrecon22xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I will be going there in the spring. any good trails?
secondrecon22xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
firejeep42

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't found too much yet. There are some state forest roads that are pretty much just dirt roads that get muddy. One of my friends from home went here and says there are tons of jeep trails. I'm trying trying to get him to come up one weekend to show them to me.
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
oteps
1980 CJ5 

I am about 10 miles from you. Mt holly Springs. There arent many legal places to go. The dirt roads are probably on state forest lands. Off of the roads is illegal so be careful.
oteps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
firejeep42

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that's what I figured with those roads. I know the main dirt road/trail is legal since there are signs posted saying so. But all the off shoot trails that look fun are gated off.
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
WhyJayPA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im from carlisle and used to work in shippensburg Delivering doors and windows so I drove all over from hagerstown to harrisburg. Im sure there are some good places we could find to go wheeling. There's so much open country your bound to find a nice trail if you drive around. Just gotta hope its not on private land
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #7
exsane
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey! I'm in chambersburg! Everything is illegal around here, but I do know some trails that me and my buddy hit pretty regular. One of them is a very nice ride. Well have to meet up soon! PM me for details or what not.
exsane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
firejeep42

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good man, I'll hit you up sometime
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
oteps
1980 CJ5 

Let me know, I will go. As long as you guys dont mind a beatup cj tagging along.
oteps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am from Tyrone. Me and my club will be heading to Rock Run soon in Patton, Pa. It is a pay and play. 6,000 acre park. www.rockrunrecreation.com One of our guys is a guide there. We always have something going on up there. I am 25mins. from it.
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
firejeep42

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have no objections to a cj.

And rich, I'll deffinately check that out
Unread 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #12
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Well SOB Chambersburg'ers and Ship people. I live in Chambersburg too. We have our own little gang here. I drive a lifted Charcoal WK with a jeepfourm decal on the back.

I work at Letterkenny. Some weekend here that's nice, I'm going to hit the dirt road that runs from pleasent hall and runs along the top of the mountain that borders the depot. It ends up in St. Thomas/Edenville.

I wouldn't mind finding a trail or two myself to see what my IFS can do
SmallsWk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
WhyJayPA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im in carlisle and I used to deliver to letterkenny often when I worked in shippensburg. Let me know when your hitting the trails. My 4" RC lift and 33's are at my house waiting to be put on the next chance I get home from school and I need somewhere to test it out

Money makes the world go round and my Jeep drains my bank account down
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep42 View Post
I go to school up here and see a ton of lifted jeeps up here. Any of you guys on here? Or is anyone from around on here? Is there any good wheelin up here?
No but I'm an alumni !!! Played FB for Rocky Rees !!! We used to go up to a place called "The Wall" which were some dirt/forrest roads up to the location. We would then "study" there
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
Outlaw

Hey there guys. We've started a new "All Breed" Jeep club to help fill the void in South Central PA and Western MD. Check out www.blueridgejeepers.org

We have Jeep events from monthly cruise ins to beginner & intermediate offroading. We're still working on our 2011 schedule which will include some trips to Rausch Creek and many other Jeep related activities. We've got some great people involved and we're always looking for more participants. Check it out if you'd like.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.